Another week, another new low for Obama

Only one who believes that here is you...

Kudos...

Out of whom? You and Terry? Is that your majority? :lol:

C'mon House, let's be frank here for a moment. The majority of sensible people on the left of this board never said Obama's approval ratings would go up due to the Health Care Bill. Hell, I don't think the majority of the sensible ones even bother with the approval ratings because they don't care.

I find it amazing that the right suddenly cares about approval ratings, after treating them like the spawn of satan at the tailend of the Bush Administration.

I will say this though, all the polls show so far that if the elections were today, Obama would win in a landslide against any Republican OR Tea Party candidate put up. One such poll was done by Fox News of all groups. So while Obama may be unpopular to a large portion of the population, the Republican ideas being put forth are even less popular. Which shows being the "Party of No" does not work out when the only real ideas being put forth solve little to nothing or do nothing at all.

If the election were held today Obama would lose to just about any GOP candidate...mainly because the fix isn't in yet. Once they finish the census and change the political landscape maybe Obama will have a chance. But as it is today.....too many Americans are pissed at health care and his habit of dissing them when they protest his policies.

And I'm not saying it will be a landslide because there are tons of idiots out there that want their Obamacare right now. They've been calling in in droves....only to be told that shit ain't hapnin for over 4 years. My they must be surprised or just plain pissed.

Last edited:
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Gee, this his popularity keeps going down, even after he pushed through Barrycare, which I was told was uber popular despite more then half the country being against it.

Now why does his approval keep going down?

Why are you lying? What does that achieve exactly? You lied about this a couple weeks ago didn't you?

No wonder conservatism is dead.

I read the numbers wrong. This is a new low on Gallup. You were right, I was wrong. I apologize.

Some of you might want to consider that the odds the economy will still be doing poorly 3 years from now are about slim to none. The odds of an incumbent president losing a re-election bid when the economy is doing okay are also about slim and none.

It's called "double dip". The odds are excellent we will be in another decline.

How many double dip recessions have there been in history to make the odds of one occurring excellent?

Looks like his approval rating has been 50% +/- 2 % for eight consecutive months

Ronald Reagan, who also endured a recession and 10% unemployment early in his presidency was at 38% at this point in his first term

Unlike Obama, Reagan had a hostile Congress and an unfriendly press opposing everything he did. If Bo were dealing with a Republican Congress and non-fawning press, he'd be at about 25%. Maybe someone in the LSM would ask him what we got for our trillion dollars since it wasn't jobs.

Lets see what we got from George Bush's $5 Trillion debt

1. Two wars
2. $2.5 trillion to pay for tax cuts for the rich
3. An unfunded prescription drug plan

All of which resulted in Americans losing $17 trillion in personal wealth and the loss of millions of jobs

Lets see what we got for Obama's $1.8 trillion

1. TARP and GM bailouts which reversed an uncontrolled panic and reversed a pending Depression. Both of these LOANS are in the process of being paid back
2. Economic Stimulus Plan which paid for much needed infrastructure improvements, jobs for teachers, state projects and JOBS for Americans

Looks like his approval rating has been 50% +/- 2 % for eight consecutive months

Ronald Reagan, who also endured a recession and 10% unemployment early in his presidency was at 38% at this point in his first term

Unlike Obama, Reagan had a hostile Congress and an unfriendly press opposing everything he did. If Bo were dealing with a Republican Congress and non-fawning press, he'd be at about 25%. Maybe someone in the LSM would ask him what we got for our trillion dollars since it wasn't jobs.

1. Two wars

All of which resulted in Americans losing $17 trillion in personal wealth and the loss of millions of jobs

1. TARP and GM bailouts which reversed an uncontrolled panic and reversed a pending Depression. Both of these LOANS are in the process of being paid back
2. Economic Stimulus Plan which paid for much needed infrastructure improvements, jobs for teachers, state projects and JOBS for Americans

You realize the TARP and GM bailouts were Bush's policies, right?
You also realize the stimulus did absolutely nothing other than waste money, right?

1. Two wars

You also realize the stimulus did absolutely nothing other than waste money, right?

Well, it's entirely possible that the job situation turned around on its own, but it's indisputable that it did:

america.jpg

We'll see.

Obama won largely because of Bush's unpopularity. If the economy is still struggling with high unemployment, Obama is going to have a difficult time running against Bush again. He risks being filling in the blank in the "Anybody But.....".

Do you think when he's running for re-election in 2012, he'll still be blaming Bush?

1. Two wars

Well, it's entirely possible that the job situation turned around on its own, but it's indisputable that it did:

The unemployment rate is still between 9 and 10%. The administration promised it would not rise over 8% if we passed their stimulus. The administration itself is still projecting unemployment to continue at levels above 9% for the foreseeable future.
Whatever growth we are seeing in the economy is despite Obama's policies, not because of them.

I have been through a lot of presidents and a lot of elections in my lifetime. And this time it really is different.

I think for the first time ever, the American people--at least those who are not Obama kool-ade drinkers--are becoming afraid of their own government. For the first time ever they have seen their government oblivious to the opinions or sentiments of the people and engaging in power grabs and behavior that is simply unacceptable to freedom loving people.

I think that is what the Tea Parties, and Tax Protest groups and 9/12ers are all about. They know it has been sneaking up on us since Teddy Roosevelt. It's like the frog you start out in cold water. And because the water is heated slowly but steadily, the frog doesn't jump out before it is boiled. I think many people are now seeing that its jump out of the pot we've been in now, or we will be boiled.

Obama landslide in 2012

The thing I don't understand about people like you is that you seem to WANT an Obama landslide in 2012. And for the life of me, I can't understand how what has been happening is either oblivious to some of you or is acceptable to some of you. Has the education system so failed us that some Americans absolutely don't understand what America was supposed to be? Or are they so brainwashed that they honestly believe our Founders, our Constitution, and the principles behind America are all wrong?

All the more reason I guess that those who do still understand jump out of the pot before it is too late.

I have been through a lot of presidents and a lot of elections in my lifetime. And this time it really is different.

I think for the first time ever, the American people--at least those who are not Obama kool-ade drinkers--are becoming afraid of their own government. For the first time ever they have seen their government oblivious to the opinions or sentiments of the people and engaging in power grabs and behavior that is simply unacceptable to freedom loving people.

I think that is what the Tea Parties, and Tax Protest groups and 9/12ers are all about. They know it has been sneaking up on us since Teddy Roosevelt. It's like the frog you start out in cold water. And because the water is heated slowly but steadily, the frog doesn't jump out before it is boiled. I think many people are now seeing that its jump out of the pot we've been in now, or we will be boiled.

Obama landslide in 2012

The thing I don't understand about people like you is that you seem to WANT an Obama landslide in 2012. And for the life of me, I can't understand how what has been happening is either oblivious to some of you or is acceptable to some of you. Has the education system so failed us that some Americans absolutely don't understand what America was supposed to be? Or are they so brainwashed that they honestly believe our Founders, our Constitution, and the principles behind America are all wrong?

All the more reason I guess that those who do still understand jump out of the pot before it is too late.

I dont think Leftwinger gives a shit about Obama. He's just on the "I hate the GOP" bandwagon so it wouldn't matter if the Dems ran Joe Stalin or Hugo Chavez. He'd root for the guy just to make the GOP look bad.
I mean, no one can be that stupid. Right?

Given the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts next near, combined with the recent and future increases in interest rates and gasoline prices (inflation!), a double dip next year is very probable.

And also the increased taxes from Obamacare. And of course the benefits won't really kick in until after the election.
Sounds like a shit sandwich for the Dems to me.

Since most of the health care program won't take effect, the cost at this point is negligible. The real cost will probably come from the Republican drug bill that has been deemed "This most irresponsible bill in history". The cost estimated from 1.2 trillion to 15 trillion.

Just wondering, why don't Republicans ever talk about that disaster?

that's an interesting point to me,,, always has been,, the big rush to get it rammed through, screaming 45 thousand die each year cause they don't have access,, and then,,, it won't take effect for at least four years,, so 180 thousand people will die while you asshat money grabbers tax Americans before giving them anything.. yep,, That will make a nice political commercial.. that and a few of Grayson yelling REPUBLICANS WANT AMERICANS TO DIE QUICKLY.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama landslide in 2012

Thanks for the reply Foxfyre..

Can you explain the Republican platform in 2012 that would warrant giving them back the presidency?
Not a rehash of the same platform that we robustly voted them into exile in 2006 and 2008, but a vision for America that would warrant voting out a President who has turned around the economy, passed the nation first comprehensive healthcare bill and negotiated a nuclear disarmament policy?
Next, from the group of stiffs at last weekends GOP caucus...can you name a candidate who is worthy of consideration for president?

Like I said, Obama Landslide in 2012

Obama landslide in 2012

Can you explain the Republican platform in 2012 that would warrant giving them back the presidency?
Not a rehash of the same platform that we robustly voted them into exile in 2006 and 2008, but a vision for America that would warrant voting out a President who has turned around the economy, passed the nation first comprehensive healthcare bill and negotiated a nuclear disarmament policy?
Next, from the group of stiffs at last weekends GOP caucus...can you name a candidate who is worthy of consideration for president?

Well the economy, that healthcare bill, and that unilateral nuclear disarmament policy are just three of the things that is scaring the peewadden out of Americans who still have a clue about what America is supposed to be.

And yes, IF the GOP has learned its lesson about the stupid leftwing policies that cost it its majorities in 2006 and the presidency in 2008, and comes up with a solid conservative socioeconomic and political platform in 2012, I am hoping that Obama would not be able to win a single state.

Remember that Reagan had low poll numbers for awhile in his first term because he was still dealing with the misery index of the Carter years and did agree to some taxes that were unpopular. But by the time he ran for re-election, his policies, agreed to by a reluctant Democratic controlled Congress, had begun repairing the economy. But most importantly Reagan had a message that resonated with real Americans--a message of freedom and hope and respect for prosperity and pride in a very good nation and an understanding that peace comes through strength, not weakness.

He won 49 of the 50 states in that election and almost got Mondale's Minnesota too.

Well the economy, that healthcare bill, and that unilateral nuclear disarmament policy are just three of the things that is scaring the peewadden out of Americans who still have a clue about what America is supposed to be.

And yes, IF the GOP has learned its lesson about the stupid leftwing policies that cost it its majorities in 2006 and the presidency in 2008, and comes up with a solid conservative socioeconomic and political platform in 2012, I am hoping that Obama would not be able to win a single state.

Remember that Reagan had low poll numbers for awhile in his first term because he was still dealing with the misery index of the Carter years and did agree to some taxes that were unpopular. But by the time he ran for re-election, his policies, agreed to by a reluctant Democratic controlled Congress, had begun repairing the economy. But most importantly Reagan had a message that resonated with real Americans--a message of freedom and hope and respect for prosperity and pride in a very good nation and an understanding that peace comes through strength, not weakness.

He won 49 of the 50 states in that election and almost got Mondale's Minnesota too.

Well, Obama does have the advantage of having 57 states to run in.

Forum List

Back