Another Way to Use Religion for Political Purposes

Sorry Chips I was blathering away and interposed accidentally.

Interesting on the alcoholism idea. I call bullshit on the behavioural explanation. It's got sod-all to do with behavioural issues and everything to do with physiology. Anyway no doubt science will work that one out too.

I didn’t even notice, Dee.

But while we’re still on the “belief” subject, I wonder how god squares his Doomday Book in cases such as kids, that HE has born in such a vegetative state, they can’t verbally or even psychologically suck The Messiah’s arrogant Aramean arse and thus be “saved?”

Especially if the poor little bastards are born without an Eight Day Clock or any Orchestra Stalls!

Deuteronomy 23
23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Evolutionary theory is not a theory at all. It is accepted as fact among the peer reviewed scientific community. The fact that people like you disgrace the word "theory" and tie it to something that has no physical evidence is disgusting.

A thoery goes through so much scrutiny just to become a theory in the first place, and your going to act like it has no validity in the real world? The truth is a theory must be able to be tested to become accepted as a theory, and when you test a theory with the conclusion that there is proof of its refutation, then it is not a theory. WHen you test a theory thousands of times, gaining more and more evidence every time......it is accepted as fact within the science community (until evidence shows otherwise), and degraded as speculation within the lamens population. Which is you.

Can the existence of your god be tested? Has any type of paranormal activity been documented in front of a peer review panel? No, therefore your religion is even less than a theory, it is speculation. Creationism is not even accepted as a theory, and when it is.....come talk to me.

You have much to learn my friend... the truth is the more we test Darwins THEORY the more EVIDENCE we find PROVING it impossible...

Evolution is Biologically Impossible
by Joseph Mastropaolo, Ph.D. http://www.icr.org/article/460/

For the record I have no problem with Mr. Darwin... I have a problem with individuals that take his research and push it off as fact, when in fact there is no evidence to support your ignorant rants of bullshit...

P.S. I loved this....."Evolutionary theory is not a theory at all."... Thats Funny

Im pretty sure the institute for creation research falls well outside the realm of scientific consideration.

Im pretty sure the institute for creation research falls well outside the realm of scientific consideration.

WRONG AGAIN!!!

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

THE TRUTH?

Continue to tread through life half educated... I dont care... :thup:

yea.. dude.. Bob jones Universtity really isnt the standard by which the science community takes it's direction.

sorry.

can you provide anything that is not doused with christianity as evidence?

yea.. dude.. Bob jones Universtity really isnt the standard by which the science community takes it's direction.

sorry.

can you provide anything that is not doused with christianity as evidence?

I love your signature by the way... Thats funny... I love the cigarette...

I'm not out to take anything away from Darwin...

As a matter of fact I think that if Darwin was alive today he might be pointing ot the connections between the big boom theory and the book of Genesis... Its pretty intersting stuff...

But anyway in response to your post... Any source I provide, you will say its invalid, without even reading it, so I wont waist my time...

Do some research on your own and come to your own conclusions...

Most people come to conclusions about life and never challenge thier own beliefs so they stop learning...

Darwin would be a good example of this as a matter of fact... He challenged his own beliefs and changed the direction of science... Challenge yours, or you'll end up like vintij.... he has all the answers already...so there is no more to learn...

Why the fear and loathing of real science? Creationism is laughable, it's not taken seriously outside of Kansas. It's fine that people believe in it, they're entitled to of course, but not to put it forward as science, because it's definitely not.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2006/08/02/1611.aspx

Another one... he has all the answers:eusa_wall: ... Creationism is laughable?

Your dead to me...

no need to respond...

Why the fear and loathing of real science? Creationism is laughable, it's not taken seriously outside of Kansas. It's fine that people believe in it, they're entitled to of course, but not to put it forward as science, because it's definitely not.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2006/08/02/1611.aspx

This is way too funny....Creationism is laughable?...

I'll tell you what I find laughable...

That a man can be stupid enough to actually believe we evolved from an amoeba that crawled from under a rock and became man...

thats laughable...

go ahead defend yourself... I need a another laugh ...

That a man can be stupid enough to actually believe we evolved from an amoeba that crawled from under a rock and became man...

thats laughable...

As opposed to your belief that some pie in the sky guy with a white beard and robe fucked some human chick, she had his baby (who was really himself) and that saved all of humanity?

Yes, its laughable. As are your idiotic views of science.

thats laughable...

Gee... how er... scientific.... It's true because the bible is inerrant...and the bible is inerrant because it says so...

Creationism is religion. It isn't science.

Sorry Larkinn... If I was in the mood for this level of debate... I would wake up my 9 year old... You'll have to see Ruby or Maineman or chips rafferty if your looking for a below academic level debate...

no place for you here...sorry

oopps... forgot to include you on the list jillian... my bad

Gee... how er... scientific.... It's true because the bible is inerrant...and the bible is inerrant because it says so...

Oh screw it I'll bite...

How do you know they are not connected...(creationism and science)...

or are you another one too smart to learn?

thats laughable...

Your description of mutation was funny. The truth is, you are under the impression that darwin knew about genetics when he wrote the origin of man. He didnt, the advancment of technology has gone further than neo darwinism to discover mutation, dna, modern synthesis. Darwin was not the first nor the last person to study evolution, what darwin gave it was a mechanism called natural selection. Creation has scriptures and the dead sea srolls. Evolution has
modern synthesis , genes, mutation, natural selection,radiation carbon dating.
All of which together prove that if anything...... The bible's genesis version of the origin of man is physically and cosmicaly impossible. So if anything I would lean toward a belief that is not already proven to be incorrect.

The bible's genesis version of the origin of man is physically and cosmicaly impossible.

Not from what I've read...as a matter of fact. its just the opposite...

I have a feeling we wont find a middle ground on this subject...

Your dead to me...

no need to respond...

I feel I must though. You see you have your mind firmly closed, you need to have it opened. If I had the online version of an oyster shucking knife I'd use it, I'd probably have to.

Creationism is a joke. In holding itself up as an intellectual threat to the theory of evolution it is music hall stuff. No serious theologian will have anything to do with it. No serious scientist will touch it either. It's intellectual poison because it's been perpetrated by fundamentalist charlatans.

But it has an attraction for some. It's simple and it has all the answers. Those appeal to the closed mind which is probably why you're so enamoured of it.

Real theology is difficult, as is real science. To be able to have a scientific mind of worth, to pursue knowledge, and (if the person is so inclined) to have a religious belief is the mark of an entirely worthy person. To be able to have religious faith and to practise science to enlighten humanity is a great gift. The fundies, the Creationists, the charlatans, lack both. They fear their faith is so weak that they have to trash science lest it destroys those simple beliefs they treasure. Unable to see the Bible as anything other than literal, they refuse to listen to those who urge a hermeneutical view of the Bible. That too is a threat to their simplistic beliefs.

Creationism is laughed at around the world. The rest of us don't live in Kansas, Toto.

I feel I must though. You see you have your mind firmly closed, you need to have it opened. If I had the online version of an oyster shucking knife I'd use it, I'd probably have to.

Creationism is a joke. In holding itself up as an intellectual threat to the theory of evolution it is music hall stuff. No serious theologian will have anything to do with it. No serious scientist will touch it either. It's intellectual poison because it's been perpetrated by fundamentalist charlatans.

But it has an attraction for some. It's simple and it has all the answers. Those appeal to the closed mind which is probably why you're so enamoured of it.

Real theology is difficult, as is real science. To be able to have a scientific mind of worth, to pursue knowledge, and (if the person is so inclined) to have a religious belief is the mark of an entirely worthy person. To be able to have religious faith and to practise science to enlighten humanity is a great gift. The fundies, the Creationists, the charlatans, lack both. They fear their faith is so weak that they have to trash science lest it destroys those simple beliefs they treasure. Unable to see the Bible as anything other than literal, they refuse to listen to those who urge a hermeneutical view of the Bible. That too is a threat to their simplistic beliefs.

Creationism is laughed at around the world. The rest of us don't live in Kansas, Toto.

Your assumptions and ignorance is telling.

One can believe God Created man and everything else and still believe in science. The reality is MOST Christians do in fact believe just that. As for creationism a laugh around the world, last I checked there are around a billion Muslims.... You may want to check with them as to God creating life, man and everything else. I do not know how many Christians there are in the world, but there a lot.I would venture a guess that of the 6 billion people on this planet at least a third believe in creationism in one form or another. I suspect you will find people not of the book that believe in a form of creationism as well.

Get back to me when science can prove man descended from an ape like creature. And better yet let me know when science has an actual working theory on how life began at all.

Even if by some stroke of fate science does discover actual working evidence of these two things, remind me again how that disproves God caused it all to start anyway?

Your dead to me...

no need to respond...

The Messianic Mensa member said: "Your dead to me..."

In our "below academic level debate" - as he so imperiously puts it on the next page - us seventh graders would have rendered that as
YOU'RE dead to me...

There, Bird Brain, next time you are having an erudite email debate with your erstwhile learned alumni from Billy Bob's Bait, Beer, Ammo store, and Colluge for Chameleon-Eyed Offspring of Incestchus Relashunships, you can really impress them with your new command of Inglush.

:rofl:

One can believe God Created man and everything else and still believe in science. The reality is MOST Christians do in fact believe just that. As for creationism a laugh around the world, last I checked there are around a billion Muslims.... You may want to check with them as to God creating life, man and everything else. I do not know how many Christians there are in the world, but there a lot.I would venture a guess that of the 6 billion people on this planet at least a third believe in creationism in one form or another. I suspect you will find people not of the book that believe in a form of creationism as well.

Get back to me when science can prove man descended from an ape like creature. And better yet let me know when science has an actual working theory on how life began at all.

Even if by some stroke of fate science does discover actual working evidence of these two things, remind me again how that disproves God caused it all to start anyway?

I would venture a guess that of the 6 billion people on this planet at least a third believe in creationism in one form or another.

And as far as I can tell, the Bible’s Head God, El(lah) Shaddai, (no, Alcan, I’m NOT talking about Siggie Romberg’s “Desert Song!”) created them ALL to torment, torture, slaughter, and holocaust a million times more sadistically than Hitler ever did with El's master race.

Hitler had millions in numerous concentration camps, El Shaddai has BILLIONS in just one!

Only the basest of shit-licking crawlers could/would feign to love this schizophrenic fiend. This Persian invented psycho doesn't have a single redeeming feature, let alone being lovable.

This of course excludes unsaved lower-than-shark-shit Anti-Christs like you – with your even more oddball God crafted by that filthy paedophile, Joseph Smith – Cap’n Corset!

I almost forgot.

I would venture a guess that of the 6 billion people on this planet at least a third believe in creationism in one form or another.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd. Indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible

Thanks for the character reference.

Vatican II which commenced under Blessed John XXIII rehabilitated the brilliant palaeonotoligst and Jesuit priest Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. In his "The Phenomenon of Man", Chardin presented his (then) almost heretical views and did so with an intellectual power that blasts the Creationists into the ether. I've spent a lot of time reading his (posthumously published) book. I don't pretend to understand most of it. I do stand in awe of his intellect. I am not going to give credence to simplistic thinking represented by the fundie Creationist brigade. If I want to believe that rubbish I'll move to Topeka.

Forum List

Back