Another way to Nullify federal law.

Here is an interesting way to nullify a federal law. The constitution says that all prosecutions of us citizens is to be done by a jury and in the state where the crime took place. There can be a state law that says that any citizen that finds another citizen guilty of what the state is trying to nullify then that person must do as much time in jail as the person they helped to prosecute. If they send someone to jail for ten years then they do ten years in state prison. This forces the jury to declare someone not guilty for that federal prosectution which will then nullify that federal law in that state.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_think:

:wtf:

Don't be so quick to give up on this. It is what I am coming to call, "Ihopespeak" - a new and fascinating language form. I have actually been able to decipher portions of it and am learning more with each example that is thrust in front of me.

Here is an interesting way to nullify a federal law. The constitution says that all prosecutions of us citizens is to be done by a jury and in the state where the crime took place. There can be a state law that says that any citizen that finds another citizen guilty of what the state is trying to nullify then that person must do as much time in jail as the person they helped to prosecute. If they send someone to jail for ten years then they do ten years in state prison. This forces the jury to declare someone not guilty for that federal prosectution which will then nullify that federal law in that state.

:eusa_eh:

:wtf:

Don't be so quick to give up on this. It is what I am coming to call, "Ihopespeak" - a new and fascinating language form. I have actually been able to decipher portions of it and am learning more with each example that is thrust in front of me.

Yeah,

Here is an interesting way to speak. The constitution says that all us citizens have the freedom of speech, even Ihopehefails. There can be a state law that says that any citizen that finds another citizen guilty of not speaking freely then that person must do as much time in jail as the person they heard speak. If they send someone to jail for ten years then they do ten years in state prison. This forces the jury to declare someone not guilty of freedom of speech which will then nullify that federal law in that state.

Yeah,

Here is an interesting way to speak. The constitution says that all us citizens have the freedom of speech, even Ihopehefails. There can be a state law that says that any citizen that finds another citizen guilty of not speaking freely then that person must do as much time in jail as the person they heard speak. If they send someone to jail for ten years then they do ten years in state prison. This forces the jury to declare someone not guilty of freedom of speech which will then nullify that federal law in that state.

By jove, you've GOT IT! I think he's GOT IT!! :clap2:

Yeah,

Actually the first amendment starts out with a keyphrase like "congress shall pass no law...". That refers to the federal government. State laws are allowed to, in theory at least, to restrict speech since it would not be a violation of the first amendment since the first amendment applies to the federal congress. That is why it starts out with 'congress shall pass no law'.

The Supremacy Clause is a clause in the United States Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2. The clause establishes the Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. treaties as "the supreme law of the land." The text establishes these as the highest form of law in the American legal system, mandating that state judges uphold them, even if state laws or constitutions conflict. (from Wiki)

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any state to the Contrary notwithstanding.

All laws made in pursuance of the constitution are the supreme law of the land not all laws created by the federal government.

"and the Laws of the United States" = federal law. Sorry it's not in 2010 language for you. That's why people get paid to interpret it...after they've been to law school.

Cutting the sentence off before it gets to a key portion to get the meaning you want is childish. That sentence by itself would mean what you are trying to say it means but it has this right after that portion "which shall be made in Pursuance thereof". That changes the whole thing to laws made within the confines of the constitution not every law that gets passed.

Last edited:

Yeah,

By jove, you've GOT IT! I think he's GOT IT!! :clap2:

Here is another way to speak. I am going to ridicule someone else to vent my frustration of not have the intelligence to come up with a good counter argument because if could I would but instead I just pound out insults on my keyboard like some kind of caveman with a club beating it on the ground. While I do this I make all sort of grunting sounds and my face scowls as I realize my lack of brain power. I then decide to kill something and watch my more evolved human beings think of smart things to do. They brag about inventing fire and I insult them. They brag about inventing the wheel and I insult them. They brag about civilization and I curse them out. I get chased by big bear and they live in the comfort of things called cities. I get huddled into a corner by big bear and wish I lived in city but I get last laugh because I insult them and hurt their feelings. That should teach them to be smarter than me.

pr26939.jpg

Forum List

Back