Another war crime sanctioned by the "great statesman"!

Israel closes main Gaza goods crossing

Collective punishment is a war crime under the GCIV.

It is time that this "great statesman" was put on trial!
Since when economic sanctions against a terrorist entity became a war crime? :cool-45:

Go and look up "collective punishment" and GCIV moron.
Economic sanctions is a valid legal tool and has nothing to do with war crimes, idiot.

Oh I see...

So you DIDN'T bother going to educate yourself on GCIV and collective punishment then.

You just chose to continue your idiotic and incorrect assumptions. :clap:

A war in Syria Genious.

Palestinians are - preferable compared to you .
Well, the Palestinians can join the war in Syria. You know, help build their new homeland.
Palis seem to have no problem with violence.
Yep, and no problem with using the innocent as shields!

Yep, both sides are pretty adept at doing that!

Hamas, Palestinians, Hezbola....they are all the same.

hamasvsisrael.jpg

Notice the difference?

Nope...

No difference moron

IDF soldiers convicted of using 11-year-old as human shield in Gaza

Deflection and off topic!

Collective punishment is a war crime - FACT!

Now you can fuck off!

Apparently "collective punishment" is only a war crime when committed by Jooooos? Because bomb kites are totally punishing specific military objectives for achieving a specific, you know, military objective. Right?!
Actually we're no talking about Jews but Israelis.

Sure. I stand corrected.

Apparently "collective punishment" is only a war crime when committed by Israelis. Because bomb kites are totally punishing specific military objectives for achieving a specific, you know, military objective. Right?!

Bettter?

Hilarious Shusha!

You try to claim that no one in Team Israel deflects or derails and.... Well, thats exactly what you are doing!

You try to justify Israel committing war crimes by blaming Palestinians...

And you deny that "collective punishment" is a war crime by proxy! :clap:

Since when economic sanctions against a terrorist entity became a war crime? :cool-45:

Economic sanctions is a valid legal tool and has nothing to do with war crimes, idiot.

Oh I see...

Oh I see...

So you DIDN'T bother going to educate yourself on GCIV and collective punishment then.
As well as you don't bother to educate yourself about the difference between economic sanctions and war crimes.
Giving your problematic IQ, let's start with something simple: how to distinguish squirrel from piano?
An accurate description of what you are doing. Thanks. :cool-45:

Oh I see...

Oh I see...

As well as you don't bother to educate yourself about the difference between economic sanctions and war crimes.
Giving your problematic IQ, let's start with something simple: how to distinguish squirrel from piano?
An accurate description of what you are doing. Thanks. :cool-45:

What an odd and, by all accounts, a rather drug induced comment! Squirrels? Pianos? Dude, you need to lighten up on that crack!

I won't bother posting links for you as you clearly have learning difficulties. Suffice to say, collective punishment IS a war crime. However you wish to ignore this very basic fact is your issue, mental or otherwise.

Now, put that pipe down and get some fresh air!

Now you can fuck off!

Apparently "collective punishment" is only a war crime when committed by Jooooos? Because bomb kites are totally punishing specific military objectives for achieving a specific, you know, military objective. Right?!

Sure. I stand corrected.

Apparently "collective punishment" is only a war crime when committed by Israelis. Because bomb kites are totally punishing specific military objectives for achieving a specific, you know, military objective. Right?!

Bettter?

Hilarious Shusha!

You try to claim that no one in Team Israel deflects or derails and.... Well, thats exactly what you are doing!

Deflect? Derail? I was making a direct response to your post which read, "Collective punishment if a war crime", pointing out that kite bombs are collectively punishing Israeli citizens which would be a war crime.

Now you can fuck off!

Sure. I stand corrected.

Bettter?

Hilarious Shusha!

Deflect? Derail? I was making a direct response to your post which read, "Collective punishment if a war crime", pointing out that kite bombs are collectively punishing Israeli citizens which would be a war crime.
Actually those are not "collective punishments" but terror attacks or vandalism.

Economic sanctions are not "collective punishment".

While IHL is clear on its prohibition of collective punishment, it is less so on permissible uses of economic sanctions. Instead it restricts itself to enforcing measures to protect the civilian population and to prevent the sanctioning power from overstepping its bounds. Articles 54,52 69,53 and 7054 of the Fourth Geneva Convention along with its Protocol Additional (I) of 1977, forbid intentionally starving the civilian population. Article 23 also requires states to allow the passage of humanitarian goods, but only if there is no danger of them being misappropriated for military purposes.55 Article 59, which deals with the responsibilities of an Occupying Power in allowing free passage of relief consignments, also allows the Occupying Power to ensure that the goods will not be used for military purposes.

The United Nations cannot suggest a blanket ban on economic sanctions, as Article 41 of its own charter permits the use of economic and diplomatic pressure to influence countries. The first example given in the Charter is, “include complete or partial interruption of economic relations.”57 There have been attempts, most notably by the Soviet and Third World countries, to equate economic pressure with the use of force. This not only contradicts the explicit arguments of the UN Charter’s drafters, it would deny a key tool that enables countries to use diplomatic measures rather than going to war.58 According to Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, the matter was finally resolved at the United Nations with the General Assembly Resolution 3314, “Definition of Aggression.” The resolution specified what is considered aggression and, significantly, did not include economic measures.

With a clear differentiation between collective punishment and economic sanctions, one can determine into which category Israel’s policies fall. As stated above, the Geneva Conventions require a sanctioning power to permit the transfer of humanitarian goods. The official Commentary on the Protocols defines this as “(1) consignments of medical and hospital stores and objects necessary for religious worship; (2) consignments of essential foodstuffs, clothing, and tonics.”79 It further explains the reasoning as “The former cannot be a means of reinforcing the war economy and can therefore be sent to the civilian population as a whole. On the other hand, consignments which fell into the second category are only entitled to free passage when they are to be used solely by children under fifteen, expectant mothers and maternity case.”

Source

Economic sanctions are not "collective punishment".

While IHL is clear on its prohibition of collective punishment, it is less so on permissible uses of economic sanctions. Instead it restricts itself to enforcing measures to protect the civilian population and to prevent the sanctioning power from overstepping its bounds. Articles 54,52 69,53 and 7054 of the Fourth Geneva Convention along with its Protocol Additional (I) of 1977, forbid intentionally starving the civilian population. Article 23 also requires states to allow the passage of humanitarian goods, but only if there is no danger of them being misappropriated for military purposes.55 Article 59, which deals with the responsibilities of an Occupying Power in allowing free passage of relief consignments, also allows the Occupying Power to ensure that the goods will not be used for military purposes.

The United Nations cannot suggest a blanket ban on economic sanctions, as Article 41 of its own charter permits the use of economic and diplomatic pressure to influence countries. The first example given in the Charter is, “include complete or partial interruption of economic relations.”57 There have been attempts, most notably by the Soviet and Third World countries, to equate economic pressure with the use of force. This not only contradicts the explicit arguments of the UN Charter’s drafters, it would deny a key tool that enables countries to use diplomatic measures rather than going to war.58 According to Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, the matter was finally resolved at the United Nations with the General Assembly Resolution 3314, “Definition of Aggression.” The resolution specified what is considered aggression and, significantly, did not include economic measures.

With a clear differentiation between collective punishment and economic sanctions, one can determine into which category Israel’s policies fall. As stated above, the Geneva Conventions require a sanctioning power to permit the transfer of humanitarian goods. The official Commentary on the Protocols defines this as “(1) consignments of medical and hospital stores and objects necessary for religious worship; (2) consignments of essential foodstuffs, clothing, and tonics.”79 It further explains the reasoning as “The former cannot be a means of reinforcing the war economy and can therefore be sent to the civilian population as a whole. On the other hand, consignments which fell into the second category are only entitled to free passage when they are to be used solely by children under fifteen, expectant mothers and maternity case.”

Source
You ought to use proper quotes.

Who said economic sanctions are collective punishment? I'm not certain to say it isn't (can't it be?) But so what? What's with this collective punishment crap? It doesn't belong to civilized world and though Israel isn't one you pretend it is so why do you expect it to do things only an uncivilized country does?

There is no doubt that Israel commits to war crimes all the time. They have been struggling to hide it from the outside world but they have failed.

Actually those are not "collective punishments" but terror attacks or vandalism.

We agree. And Israel's RESPONSE to those terror attacks, a response which, btw, they are obligated to make under international law, to impose economic sanctions are also not "collective punishment", but an appropriate use to compel a government to cease terror attacks.

Part of the point I was trying to make is that misusing legal terms like "collective punishment" and "war crimes" in order to demonize Israel is inappropriate.

And Israel's RESPONSE to those terror attacks, a response which, btw, they are obligated to make

No one is obliged to do what Israel CHOOSES to do.

under international law, to impose economic sanctions are also not "collective punishment",
again, I am not at all sure about that.
but an appropriate use to compel a government to cease terror attacks.
You say a governent - the words says civilians. You say appropriate - the world says Obcene.

part of the point I was trying to make is that misusing legal terms like "collective punishment" in order to demonize Israel is inappropriate.
Israel doesn't need to be demonized - it's like a demon already.

Again, i would be glad for you to offer definite and indisputable proof of the word "collective punishment" if you're gonna go on whining about it.

Now you can fuck off!

Sure. I stand corrected.

Bettter?

Hilarious Shusha!

You remember how you were trying to berate me for suggesting that Team Israel have this amazing knack of taking a topic and turning things around (deflecting) and sliding into this 'it's all Palestinians fault' without actually dealing with the OP (derailing)... You came back at me with "no no, you are wrong, there are some Team Israel members who would never do that"...

Voila... Deal with the OP Shusha.

Nutandyahoo has put his name to, sanctioned, again, a war crime! Yes or no?

Forum List

Back