ANOTHER video of Cheney speaking about why NOT to invade Iraq

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
In this one, he goes into specific detail about the problems that would arise from invading and occupying Iraq after Gulf War 1.

It's amazing how dead-on he is...and again...NOTHING had changed since then.

So it begs the question...why sell it to the Us people, and the WORLD, as a "cakewalk", when you knew it would REALLY be a quagmire?

I'm sure someone will have an excuse for this, though. So come on...let's hear it...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H79ve2XWqxQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H79ve2XWqxQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And the pro-war crowd goes eerily quiet...

Nah, i'm sure they won't. Bush himself could go on national TV and say "Gotcha suckers!", and people would STILL defend the war.

Why do good people join organizations that have questionable goals, why do people march over a cliff when told to, what do seemingly good people kill others of other cultures, races, religions: because some combination of events makes them do it. Because as James Waller writes, the push of belief systems, moral disengagement, and self interest. Groupthink is difficult to tackle, probably every reason in your example goes back to 911 and fear.

Check out "Becoming Evil," by James Waller.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

You know, this quote by Goering is probably one of the most telling quotes of any influential person in history. It has been proven by acts PRIOR to his stating it, and acts SUBSEQUENT to it.

The "non-liberals" on this board would love to say that it's anti-american, but Americans themselves (including myself, for a while), have ALSO proven this statement to be true.

We were told we were attacked...and we were told that to denounce this was un-patriotic. I bought the official story of 9/11 hook, line, and sinker for 4 years...i love my country just as much NOW, as i did THEN, but now that i've become aware of new reasons to question 9/11, and the motives for going into war with Iraq and Afghanistan, I have been labelled "anti-american" and "unpatriotic" more times than i can even count...and 100% more times then before i started doing the said questioning.

Frankly, i find it to be ridiculous. There never was, nor should there ever be, ANYTHING wrong with questioning your government and their motives.

The worst part is, that most of the pro-war people here think that people question the government these days because of some "liberal" slant...and i'll even go so far as to say "conspiracy"...in the mainstream media, that has been reporting on the government in a biased manner that has negatively affected the Bush admin's approval rating. That's so sad, considering that from MY experiences with talking to so many different people, MOST of them question the government because the media DOESN'T report enough truth to even make a decision, PERIOD. It's more of a LACK of reporting on the MSM's part that makes people question the government's motives, rather than a specific partisan reporting criteria.

But too many people are way too lost in the paradigm of dem vs. repub, left vs. right, to even understand that.

Well how 'bout that...

The pro-war crowd DID remain silent.

Probably too busy arguing about healthcare and taxes.

Yeah... they gave up on the war a long time ago...

...remember 2004 when they couldn't wave the flag enough? Where'd those people go?

Forum List

Back