Another victory for ADULT stem cells!

If embryonic stem cells can produce therapies that can't be developed by other means then they should be used.

Someone's religious beliefs shouldn't prevent another person from getting the therapy they need to prolong, enhance or otherwise improve that other person's life.

Neither the Roman Catholic Church nor Pastor Bob's Drive-In Praise the Lord Congregrationist Assembly should have any influence whatsoever on medical research when it comes to the use of embryonic stem cells.

I see. So, if someone opposes embryonic stem cell research and abortion, they're a religious nut.

Cool. Then you, by default, admit that atheists have no morality and do not care about human life. I mean, only religious people do, right?

I see. So, if someone opposes embryonic stem cell research and abortion, they're a religious nut.

Cool. Then you, by default, admit that atheists have no morality and do not care about human life. I mean, only religious people do, right?

Did I say they were religious nuts? No.

Did I "by default admit that atheists have no morality and do not care about human life..." No I didn't, that's what you think because (a) you're unable to read plain English and/or (b) your discussion tactic is to deliberately twist the meaning of someone's post.

That crap really annoys me, it's straight out dishonest. If you can't deal with the point then stay out of the discussion.

My main point is this. Someone's religious beliefs or sensitivities should not trump someone else's wellbeing. If you can deal with that point then do so but don't twist the meaning.

As for your self-righteous bullshit about atheists and morality and care for life, bring it on somewhere else and I'll be happy to prove that morality can exist without religion but don't spray that crap around in this thread.

Did I say they were religious nuts? No.

You implied it. Or, are you one of those people that just aimlessly taps away at the keyboard without regard?

Did I "by default admit that atheists have no morality and do not care about human life..." No I didn't, that's what you think because (a) you're unable to read plain English and/or (b) your discussion tactic is to deliberately twist the meaning of someone's post.

That crap really annoys me, it's straight out dishonest. If you can't deal with the point then stay out of the discussion.

You're just a putz who doesn't understand the implications his own words make. Why don't we peruse your words just one more time and see if said implications hit you like a fat baseball bat.

You said:

If embryonic stem cells can produce therapies that can't be developed by other means then they should be used.

Someone's religious beliefs shouldn't prevent another person from getting the therapy they need to prolong, enhance or otherwise improve that other person's life.

Neither the Roman Catholic Church nor Pastor Bob's Drive-In Praise the Lord Congregrationist Assembly should have any influence whatsoever on medical research when it comes to the use of embryonic stem cells.​

Now, I found this to be an extraordinary statement because nobody - not me or anyone else in this thread - mentioned religion. Why, then - I ponder - did you mention it? Undoubtedly, you think I and others who oppose ESCR are opposed to it because of our religious beliefs, thereby implying that non-religious people do not care about human life. Well, my faith has nothing to do with my opposition to ESCR or abortion. The human element, however, does.

My main point is this. Someone's religious beliefs or sensitivities should not trump someone else's wellbeing. If you can deal with that point then do so but don't twist the meaning.

And who, again, mentioned religion - other than you - in their argument?

Nobody. You implied that I and others are opposed to ESCR because of our religion. That was an asinine deduction with certain implications. Namely, that only religious people care about human life.

As for your self-righteous bullshit about atheists and morality and care for life, bring it on somewhere else and I'll be happy to prove that morality can exist without religion but don't spray that crap around in this thread.

I never said morality cannot exist without religion. But, had you a working brain, you'd understand that you post implied exactly that. When you infer that I'm opposed to ESCR because of my faith, that's an argumentative fallacy. I never said, implied, or alluded to such a thing. Given that, one can deduce that you think everyone opposed to ESCR is religious. Meaning, you admit, by default, that only religious people care about human life.

Hey, it was your implication, Dumbo. Don't blame me for your inherent stupidity.

You made a stupid statement, and once confronted with the implications that statement makes, rather than clarify, you attack. Admit you're just a moron and then you can work toward correcting it.

Or, more likely, you can continue attacking like the ignorant Aussie you are. Or, should I say Brit? You strike me as the type who was born in Britain but moved to Australia as a child. I bet your favorite PM is Clement Attlee.

Typical liberal.

Last edited:
You implied it. Or, are you one of those people that just aimlessly taps away at the keyboard without regard?

You're just a putz who doesn't understand the implications his own words make. Why don't we peruse your words just one more time and see if said implications hit you like a fat baseball bat.

You said:

Neither the Roman Catholic Church nor Pastor Bob's Drive-In Praise the Lord Congregrationist Assembly should have any influence whatsoever on medical research when it comes to the use of embryonic stem cells.​

Now, I found this to be an extraordinary statement because nobody - not me or anyone else in this thread - mentioned religion. Why, then - I ponder - did you mention it? Undoubtedly, you think I and others who oppose ESCR are opposed to it because of our religious beliefs, thereby implying that non-religious people do not care about human life. Well, my faith has nothing to do with my opposition to ESCR or abortion. The human element, however, does.

And who, again, mentioned religion - other than you - in their argument?

Nobody. You implied that I and others are opposed to ESCR because of our religion. That was an asinine deduction with certain implications. Namely, that only religious people care about human life.

I never said morality cannot exist without religion. But, had you a working brain, you'd understand that you post implied exactly that. When you infer that I'm opposed to ESCR because of my faith, that's an argumentative fallacy. I never said, implied, or alluded to such a thing. Given that, one can deduce that you think everyone opposed to ESCR is religious. Meaning, you admit, by default, that only religious people care about human life.

Hey, it was your implication, Dumbo. Don't blame me for your inherent stupidity.

You made a stupid statement, and once confronted with the implications that statement makes, rather than clarify, you attack. Admit you're just a moron and then you can work toward correcting it.

Or, more likely, you can continue attacking like the ignorant Aussie you are. Or, should I say Brit? You strike me as the type who was born in Britain but moved to Australia as a child. I bet your favorite PM is Clement Attlee.

Typical liberal.

If all you have are personal insults I'm not surprised. It goes along with your twisting a point and outright deception. You've obviously stalked my posts on another forum and you're bringing them into this one in a puerile personal attack on me. You can't make a point so you, in a fit that reduces you to toddler status, make what you hope is a personal attack. You are a coward. You are the worst type of poster, one who can't muster sufficient intellectual depth to counter a point.

You can't even post coherently, your smugness has been penetrated hasn't it? You're feeling quite pouty that you've been shown up for a fool. I don't know what nick you're using in another forum but I'll be sure to watch out for you when I'm there using the same nick as I do here. You do have a psychopathology but I don't suppose you realise it. The coward hiding behind the relative anonymity of a computer screen and a keyboard, acting out fantasies and trying to ignore the obvious deficiencies. I don't know why you're bothering to try and post on a political forum, you've got no skill for it and you're exposing yourself for the fool you are.

You're a sad case.

Last edited:
If all you have are personal insults I'm not surprised. It goes along with your twisting a point and outright deception. You've obviously stalked my posts on another forum and you're bringing them into this one in a puerile personal attack on me. You can't make a point so you, in a fit that reduces you to toddler status, make what you hope is a personal attack. You are a coward. You are the worst type of poster, one who can't muster sufficient intellectual depth to counter a point.

I didn't stalk you; I just remember you from politicalforum.com. And I made my point, which should be clear by now. You made a stupid statement. Rather than retract such an asinine comment, you - and I called it - launch another round of unfounded attacks.

Talk about an intellectually deficient poster...

You can't even post coherently, your smugness has been penetrated hasn't it? You're feeling quite pouty that you've been shown up for a fool.

How is that, exactly? By pointing out that your statement was an argumentative fallacy?

I don't know what nick you're using in another forum but I'll be sure to watch out for you when I'm there using the same nick as I do here. You do have a psychopathology but I don't suppose you realise it. The coward hiding behind the relative anonymity of a computer screen and a keyboard, acting out fantasies and trying to ignore the obvious deficiencies. I don't know why you're bothering to try and post on a political forum, you've got no skill for it and you're exposing yourself for the fool you are.

You're a sad case.

The only thing sad is how stupid you are. Rather than admit you made a ridiculous comment with ridiculous implications, you attack. You're a moron. Simple as that. You can't think of anything else to say, so you resort to schoolyard rhetoric.

Are all Aussies this dumb?

Last edited:
Take what you like, I just ran out of interest.

And a perfectly good thread is now fucked up.

Not fucked up at all. Just apologize for making an unbelievably asinine comment, and we'll get back to the issue at hand.

People are opposed to abortion and ESCR for a variety of reasons. Perhaps religion is the deciding factor for many, but certainly not all. I know many atheists opposed to abortion and ESCR. And personally, when I argue against abortion, I never bring up religion. I was against abortion when I was 18 and ignorant of religion.

What "asinine" comment?

That people's religious beliefs should have nothing to do with ESCR. Given that nobody in this thread even mentioned religion, one can only assume you were generalizing. Trying to put me and other's in a little box with James Dobson and the rest of the religious right.

As I said, many people - me - are opposed to ESCR for reasons other than religion.

Forum List

Back