Another Vacation...LOL

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US was the President's Daily Brief given to U.S. President George W. Bush on August 6, 2001. The President's Daily Brief (PDB) is a brief of important classified information on national security collected by various U.S. intelligence agencies given to the president and a select group of senior officials. The brief warned of terrorism threats from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda over a month before the September 11, 2001 attacks.[1]

Some arguments have focused on clear warnings in this letter, specifically that:
  • the title was Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US
  • a large attack was planned
  • the attack would be on United States soil
  • target cities of attacks included New York City and Washington, D.C.
  • the World Trade Center bombing was explicitly mentioned
  • hijacked plane missions were anticipated
  • people living in, or traveling to, the United States were involved
  • recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York was witnessed.
The PDB was declassified and approved for release on April 10, 2004, for the 9/11 Commission, and later reported on in the 9/11 Commission Report. The Report stated in Chapter 8 ("The System was Blinking Red"), Section 1 ("The Summer of Threat"):

We have found no indication of any further discussion before September 11 among the President and his top advisers of the possibility of a threat of an al Qaeda attack in the United States. DCI Tenet visited President Bush in Crawford, Texas, on August 17 and participated in PDB briefings of the President between August 31 (after the President had returned to Washington) and September 10. But Tenet does not recall any discussions with the President of the domestic threat during this period.

You should have told Jamie Gorelick this information.

Somehow bypassed her little wall.

That's what Bush got for being too complacent. Relying on Clinton's policies got us 911.

Fortunately he woke up after that but now, libs are in charge and already the apologising has started. :eusa_whistle:

I defended Bush when he went on vacation and I'll do the same for Barry.

The presidency is a 24/7 high stress job so I figger Presidents should take 4 or 6 vacations a year. Plus Barry has young daughters he should spend time with.

In fact, I'd be happy if Obama took 11 months off a year! We don't need no stinkin' goberment!

I defended Bush when he went on vacation and I'll do the same for Barry.

The presidency is a 24/7 high stress job so I figger Presidents should take 4 or 6 vacations a year. Plus Barry has young daughters he should spend time with.

In fact, I'd be happy if Obama took 11 months off a year! We don't need no stinkin' goberment!

I agree.

oh that's right 9-11 happened on Clinton watch!......boy you right-wing nutz sure know how to re-write history.

"On Martha's Vineyard, they're serving a new drink inspired by Obama. It's an Obamarita. And remember George W. Bush? He inspired the Mojidiot."
-- Letterman

Forum List

Back