Another Unarmed Black Youth Shot & Killed. Darius Simmons was Only 13 Years Old

gxnelson

SuperWhoLock
May 13, 2011
Galifrey
Darius Simmons was by all accounts a good kid. The fun loving 6th grader was simply moving a garbage can in front of his home when his neighbor, 75 year old John Henry Spooner confronted him with a shotgun and accused him of stealing from his home. Darius, who was in school the time of the robbery, denied being involved with the theft. John Henry Spooner then proceed to shoot Darius in his chest, while he had his hands raise showing Spooner he was unarmed. His mom, who was watching in horror, ran to Darius to see if she could find a pulse, she couldn’t. Darius, 13 years old and unarmed, was murdered in cold blood in front of his mother.

Somehow, I feel like we don't have all the fact. But in the same vein, it's not OK to shoot a 13 year old without a legitimate reason, like they are in the process of killing you.

Here we go again, the media people will not stop until they get their race war.

We don't need a race war, but maybe we should address why young black men are still treated like enemy number one.

Considering people conflate Trayvon case with Police on the job shootings, it's amazing we aren't discussing genocide. How pathetic that some Americans consider urban/black crime and law enforcement tactics a race war of white against black.

Darius Simmons was by all accounts a good kid. The fun loving 6th grader was simply moving a garbage can in front of his home when his neighbor, 75 year old John Henry Spooner confronted him with a shotgun and accused him of stealing from his home. Darius, who was in school the time of the robbery, denied being involved with the theft. John Henry Spooner then proceed to shoot Darius in his chest, while he had his hands raise showing Spooner he was unarmed. His mom, who was watching in horror, ran to Darius to see if she could find a pulse, she couldn’t. Darius, 13 years old and unarmed, was murdered in cold blood in front of his mother.

Somehow, I feel like we don't have all the fact. But in the same vein, it's not OK to shoot a 13 year old without a legitimate reason, like they are in the process of killing you.

Who says there was no legitimate reason? Are all the facts in yet? Why the focus on race

you stupid fuck, go ply your race baiting elsewhere. fucking moron.

And how many unarmed whites are being murdered?

Dante, did you not read what I wrote or something?

I wrote that I felt like a few important facts were missing.

I also wrote that it is not OK to shoot any 13 year old without a legitimate reason.

If the kid had been white I still would have posted the topic. Please start learning how to read.

If the kid had been white I still would have posted the topic. Please start learning how to read.

But the emphasis is on "another unarmed black kid getting shot."

And Dante is a troll btw. Even though he happens to be making a valid point in this rare instance, it's just an excuse for him to cuss you out.

Last edited:

We don't need a race war, but maybe we should address why young black men are still treated like enemy number one.

Enemy one? Last I checked, we voted a black man (who isn't even an American citizen) into the White House. I don't think you can play the enemy one card without people laughing at you.

But the emphasis is on "another unarmed black kid getting shot."

And Dante is a troll btw. Even though he happens to be making a valid point in this rare instance, it's just an excuse for him to cuss you out.

His point is totally valid. And I agreed, to a point.

I should ignore him but I had a shitty day and, although unhealthy, this is a way for me to let my anger out. :doubt:

Is it an issue when a black teenager is killed by another black?

If it is an issue why don't we hear about those shooting other than from local media news sources? And when we hear about from the local media sources it will get 15 seconds of air time.

Dante, did you not read what I wrote or something?

I wrote that I felt like a few important facts were missing.

I also wrote that it is not OK to shoot any 13 year old without a legitimate reason.

Who says it's okay to shoot 13 year old kids without legitimate reason? Answer: no one.

so stfu doofus

---

if the kid were white, black activists would not make it national news.

We've had a few break-ins in my neighborhood lately. Last week two black teenagers attempted to get in someone's house thinking they were gone. This was during the day and the kids were not in school as they should have been. The man of the house, a firearms instructor at the FBI Academy, was at work. His wife though, who is also a badass with firearms was home with her two young kids.

The first turd looked up as he was going through the window to a woman holding a semi-auto saying, "One more foot asshole and your blood will ruin my carpet." He and his partner hauled ass. The cops were still there when I was walking Buster just an hour or so after the event.

Yeah, and especially by other young black men.

An article in today's USA Today recounts the 10 deaths in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend which contributed to the 200 murders in the city year to date (vs. 139 last year), and authorities estimate 80% of the killings are gang related.

That would make for 160 gang killings. Anyone wanna guess what percentage were black on black murders? Al?...Jesse?...Bueller?

I am glad he was arrested and charged with first degree murder.

Forum List

Back