ANOTHER Tsunami Alert in Japan

Poor Japan.

What else can we say?

Theirs is a society which tries so hard to get it right and then this kind of natural diaster happens and they find themselves having once again to bury their dead and rebuild their cities.

Bassed on the reports we get their government's and their people's responses have been heroic.

One cannot help but wonder how well our government (and people) would react if the tsuami had hit the West Coast with the devasting effect it hit Japan.

If New Orleans is our guide, the answer is not nearly so heroically.

Certainly, if I lived on the west coast of the US, I'd be asking what the plan is for a similar event here. A major quake off the coast of Oregon/Washington is overdue. It's fine and dandy to tell the public to have emergency provisions for 3 days... but we really should be telling people that if they get a Tsunami warning, get the fuck out of the area and head to high ground. We should be openly telling the public how to react.

I'm just really proud of Fox for pulling off the ruse.

It has been revealed this morning that the "Japanese Official" who sounded the tsunami alert was actually Megan Fox disguised as a Geisha.

And kudos to the People of Japan for playing along wonderfully with the setup, never giving away the fact that it was a practical joke all along, with the punch line being Sanjay Gupta trying to catch his breath from running for higher ground in the middle of all of the Japanese, while still relaying the "Faux News" to Anderson Cooper on his cell phone, live, on CNN.

Comedy Gold, Sara.....you should have seen it live, but here is the video (Sanjay is the one on the phone):

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky News report that there is a growing risk of a meltdown at the second reactor. I guess if it doesn't happen, Sarah will think they were 'sensationalizing'.

Sky News report that there is a growing risk of a meltdown at the second reactor. I guess if it doesn't happen, Sarah will think they were 'sensationalizing'.

That is another ploy setup by Fox.

Pretty sure that one is Judge Napolitano's idea.

We should keep it on the down low, but let me just say....you DO NOT want to miss Rachael Maddow's show when this one plays out!
:lol::lol::lol:

Fuel rods exposed.

Not sure yet if this is "bad news" or "just news" but I'll keep researching.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

7th Fleet moved further away from fallout area, 17 crew members aboard USS Ronald Reagan test positive for radiation exposure.

This is definitely "just news."

No need to be concerned.

Here is the video of the Monday morning (Japan) hydrogen Explosion. MASSIVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZKlaEZMLY&feature=player_detailpage

Its not a big deal.

skeptic said so.

Well, he would be partly correct if the containment device has not gotten breached. It WOULD still be a big deal, just not as big.

However, if the containment device did get breached, then this is a very big deal indeed.

The reality of this entire situation is extraordinarily bleak. The Earthquake was massive all on its own, but he tsunamis it unleashed, and the tragic human consequences of those tusunamis, are even more dire. Then just when you thought it was difficult to wrap your mind about the horrendous scope of those disasters, we are bearing witness to a very likely nuclear core meltdown -- or two or three.

I'm kinda skeptical of sceptic's analysis. This is a huge "deal." This has the hallmarks of being a human event of a kind even more historically significant than the 9/11/2001 terrorist attacks.

This event is much larger than 9/11. The two aren't even close in terms of worldwide and human impact.

Its not a big deal.

skeptic said so.

Well, he would be partly correct if the containment device has not gotten breached. It WOULD still be a big deal, just not as big.

However, if the containment device did get breached, then this is a very big deal indeed.

The reality of this entire situation is extraordinarily bleak. The Earthquake was massive all on its own, but he tsunamis it unleashed, and the tragic human consequences of those tusunamis, are even more dire. Then just when you thought it was difficult to wrap your mind about the horrendous scope of those disasters, we are bearing witness to a very likely nuclear core meltdown -- or two or three.

I'm kinda skeptical of sceptic's analysis. This is a huge "deal." This has the hallmarks of being a human event of a kind even more historically significant than the 9/11/2001 terrorist attacks.

This event is much larger than 9/11. The two aren't even close in terms of worldwide and human impact.

This tragic set of events is huge, but let's not minimize the import of 9/11.

However, if the Drudge report is accurate, the situation in Japan just got much much worse. It is quite dire. Another explosion just a little while ago. Possibly damage to the containment vessel -- and that means a significantly increased likelihood of major environmental damage, with this situation still far from being under control.

This tragic set of events is huge, but let's not minimize the import of 9/11.

However, if the Drudge report is accurate, the situation in Japan just got much much worse. It is quite dire. Another explosion just a little while ago. Possibly damage to the containment vessel -- and that means a significantly increased likelihood of major environmental damage, with this situation still far from being under control.

I will never minimize the impact of 9/11, it was a political watershed and thousands of people needlessly lost their lives, but it still doesn't come close to this event. The sheer magnitude of scale is so much greater. Japan's economy is going to be wiped out for at least a decade if not more. Potentially tens of thousands are dead, whole towns have been wiped off the map. It truly is an earth shattering event.

Forum List

Back