ANOTHER Tsunami Alert in Japan

Now confirmed by Japanese Army. Moving people to high ground. 8 minutes

Visual confirmation from helicopter. Estimates height at 10 feet.

TOKYO: An offshore quake struck 140 kilometres (87 miles) northeast of Tokyo Monday morning, shaking tall buildings in Japan's capital, but authorities did not issue a tsunami alert.

There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.

The quake off coastal Ibaraki prefecture, one of many aftershocks since Friday's massive 8.9 quake, had a 5.8-magnitude, said the US Geological Survey , which said the quake struck at a depth of 18 kilometres.

5.8-magnitude quake strikes off Japan, no tsunami alert - The Economic Times

that is 10 minutes old. I heard today that for a day after the 3/11 quake there was a magnitude 6 after shock every single hour.

btw you can't see a tsunami wave in the open ocean. It may be 10 feet high but it has a wavelength of 250 miles. The human eye can't perceive a 10 foot incline over 250 miles.

btw you can't see a tsunami wave in the open ocean. It may be 10 feet high but it has a wavelength of 250 miles. The human eye can't perceive a 10 foot incline over 250 miles.

Army said 6 feet, helicopter says 10.

WE should know in about 4 minutes.

Anderson Cooper confirms blast at Fukushima....asks Japanese agent "Should we get out of here?"

CNN seems to have the best coverage right now.

Gupta is near water on phone to Cooper.

It was another hydrogen explosion like the one that blew the roof off a few days ago, this was expected to occur in reactor #3.

Wow....#3 is demolished!

Reports of smoke from #1 also.

Tsunami warning may be cancelled now.

Early reports say containment vessel at #3 is intact.

Outer building looks like post-war Hamburg

I just read that the officials in Japan say that the containment vessel in reactor 3 was deformed from the pressure building inside.

If that was true they had no choice but to vent no matter what the consequences were.

I just read that the officials in Japan say that the containment vessel in reactor 3 was deformed from the pressure building inside.

If that was true they had no choice but to vent no matter what the consequences were.

Well it certainly blew.

Some steel left, not much else.

Forum List

Back