Another troubling Obama advisor

I'm not wrong. You really are smart enough to figure out the answer for yourself.

I have. And you are wrong.

Sorry, that's just the way it is when you rigidly adhere to a particular agenda. When it's wrong, so too are you.

Again with the games because you know you have no leg to stand on.

I'm supposed to take seriously your request that I itemize the differences between race and gender? That's stupid. If you believe they are the same, the burden is on you to demonstrate why. Or, as you're wont to do, tacitly concede by refusing to defend your nonsense and then quietly skulking away.

I'm just trying to get you to explain yourself.

You claim Obama as president would help with racial issues yet Hillary as president won't help with gender issues. But you refuse to explain why.

I'm just trying to get you to explain yourself.

You claim Obama as president would help with racial issues yet Hillary as president won't help with gender issues. But you refuse to explain why.

Fine.

I already explained why I think Obama as president MIGHT (as in there is a slim chance) help with racial issues. Let's be clear about that before we move on to the completely different matter of Clinton and gender issues, if that's ok with you?

Okay then...IMO...

The history and nature of gender issues are such that there is very little chance that merely electing a woman president will have any material impact. Beyond a day or two of good feeling, I just can't see any real possibilities for progress on that front. Again, if you do, I'm interested. Now compound that with the individual woman in the race. Her polarizing divisiveness guarantees no progress. Heck, half the women in the country hate her.

In short, I just don't see how merely electing a woman president by itself translates into material, needed progress. And even if it could, Hillary's personality and baggage would put the kibosh on that in a New York minute.

As a side comment I think this country has been ready to elect a woman for a few decades now, there just hasn't been any good candidates.

Okay, before I reply can you tell me what having Barak as president would specifically do for racial tensions?

LOL! Yes, I suppose. But I don't remember you having a reason.

Anyway, even though you seem to think gender issues are meaningless, they aren't. Once a woman is elected president it becomes possible for any little girl to grow up and be president, just like with Obama it would make it possible for any little black boy to grow up to be president. A barrier is broken and there is no going back. Anyone in this country that isn't a white male has social barriers to break and the more that are broken the more equal we all become. Role models are important and we don't have that many role models that aren't sports figures or movie stars for minorities.

LOL! Yes, I suppose. But I don't remember you having a reason.

Anyway, even though you seem to think gender issues are meaningless, they aren't. Once a woman is elected president it becomes possible for any little girl to grow up and be president, just like with Obama it would make it possible for any little black boy to grow up to be president. A barrier is broken and there is no going back. Anyone in this country that isn't a white male has social barriers to break and the more that are broken the more equal we all become. Role models are important and we don't have that many role models that aren't sports figures or movie stars for minorities.

OK fine, I'll buy that.

Was that so hard?

Of course if we must compare gender issues with racial issues it still leaves us with the matter of magnitude. IMO, most little girls already believe it is possible for them to grow up to be president. I also don't think there are very many young women that believe the cards are so stacked against them that there is no point in trying. IMO the percentage of young blacks that perceive themselves as disenfranchised is at least an order of magnitude higher than it is among young girls. So while I won't concede that I think gender issues are meaningless, I do think there is less to be gained, and less gain needed.

You need to venture away from your liberal oasis. There are millions of little girls that grow up with a different viewpoint than you are imagining though I'll admit it gets better with each generation, same with any other minority in the country.

I don't want to say one is a more valid issue (black vs. women) because I think it's stupid to have a which minority is the most put upon fight. That's where it seemed you were going with your statements.

You need to venture away from your liberal oasis. There are millions of little girls that grow up with a different viewpoint than you are imagining though I'll admit it gets better with each generation, same with any other minority in the country.

I don't want to say one is a more valid issue (black vs. women) because I think it's stupid to have a which minority is the most put upon fight. That's where it seemed you were going with your statements.

Actually, I wasn't planning on talking about Hillary at all. That was brought up by you and others.

I was merely explaining one of the reasons I hope to be able to vote for Obama in November.

Forum List

Back