Another Threat To Our Gasoline Shortage That's Looming--Nobody To Deliver It

Suddenly just out of nowhere there are no drivers.
This hoax has elements of the Covid one in that the numbers don’t even come close to adding up
Truck drivers were talking about strikes due to the price of gas going up shortly before Biden took office. I’m not surprised by any of this.

That's what you voted for. Man after a couple months of pedo joe we are screwed.
You have a very short memory or infected with denialism or last but not least, a Russian mole.

Either way, our new President had nothing to do with the insurrection or fuel shortages.

Still I understand you need something to post about, the most controversial the better.

So whack away, you are entertaining.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
While I spend the $1,400 I got deposited in my bank account due to our new President, Joe Biden.
:)-

Truck drivers were talking about strikes due to the price of gas going up shortly before Biden took office.
I was not aware of that. Not that I don't believe you it is just that checking something out enforces what you said.
Thanks for the heads up :)-

btw, you were talking about diesel fuel-?

Perhaps the job itself isn't inviting enough for people. It's a hard job. Hard on ones body to sit more than an hour at a time. Not worth sacrificing your health unless companies mandate you have to stop every 2 hours. But they don't really care too much about the health of their employees.

Not that there's a looming shortage of crude oil or gasoline. Rather, it's the tanker truck drivers needed to deliver the gas to stations who are in short supply.
According to the National Tank Truck Carriers, the industry's trade group, somewhere between 20% to 25% of tank trucks in the fleet are parked heading into this summer due to a paucity of qualified drivers. At this point in 2019, only 10% of trucks were sitting idle for that reason.
What you left out of that equation is that gasoline isn't the only hazardous fuel that gets hauled around. The other hazmat fuel being hauled is home heating oil. So the northern states have enough drivers because they were kept driving and delivering home heating oil. Any loss of drivers were in the warm southern states, who come summer may suffer a shortage.

So the irony is that democratic states will have plenty of delivered gasoline, but republican states will see a shortage.

Not worth sacrificing your health unless companies mandate you have to stop every 2 hours. But they don't really care too much about the health of their employees.
The pipeline does not need truck drivers, the fuel is pumped down the pipeline, not driven in trucks.

Millions of people stuck at home for more than a year are expected to hit the road for much-needed post-pandemic vacations this summer. Good luck finding gas.
Not that there's a looming shortage of crude oil or gasoline. Rather, it's the tanker truck drivers needed to deliver the gas to stations who are in short supply.
According to the National Tank Truck Carriers, the industry's trade group, somewhere between 20% to 25% of tank trucks in the fleet are parked heading into this summer due to a paucity of qualified drivers. At this point in 2019, only 10% of trucks were sitting idle for that reason.

"We've been dealing with a driver shortage for a while, but the pandemic took that issue and metastasized it," said Ryan Streblow, the executive vice president of the NTTC. "It certainly has grown exponentially."

Indeed, drivers left the business a year ago when gasoline demand ground to a near halt during the early pandemic-related shutdowns.

"We were even hauling boxes for Amazon just to keep our drivers busy," said Holly McCormick, vice president in charge of driver recruitment and retention at Groendyke Transport, an Oklahoma tanker company. "A lot of drivers didn't want to do the safety protocols. We're also working with an aging work force. Many said 'I might as well take it as a cue to retire.'"

Not just any truck driver is allowed to drive a tanker truck. It requires special certification, including a commercial driver's license, and weeks of training after being hired. And while the jobs are more attractive than some long-haul trucking jobs that can keep drivers away from home for days or weeks at a time, it is strenuous, difficult work.

McCormick, who runs the workforce committee for NTTC, said another problem was the shutdown of many driver schools early in the pandemic. The pipeline of new drivers those schools would have produced has yet to be filled, she said. And then there's a new federal clearinghouse that went online in January 2020 to identify truck drivers with prior drug or alcohol violations or failed drug tests, which knocked about 40,000 to 60,000 total drivers out of the national employment pool.

As many of you already know, I used to be a truck driver. Because the bureaucrats made it so difficult for me to remain at work with new requirements nearly every year for people with medical issues, I am out of a job and career because the government put me out to pasture.

They never allowed me to drive Haz-Mat so I never delivered gasoline. But if they harassed me out of work, I'm sure it's worse on Haz-Mat drivers. Now even the qualified drivers don't want to deliver gasoline any longer, and this on top of the long going shortage of professional drivers we've had for many years.

So what can we do about it? Nothing. You can't vote out bureaucrats. We are all going to have to shell out more money for our gasoline. So get ready. We are going back to the Bush/ Obama years very soon.
LMAO @ the stupid shit Leftist are so gullible to believe ....

CNN .... PA - Lease .....

1*YKhBA4BTECwebyQXKOjfBA.jpeg

Millions of people stuck at home for more than a year are expected to hit the road for much-needed post-pandemic vacations this summer. Good luck finding gas.

"We've been dealing with a driver shortage for a while, but the pandemic took that issue and metastasized it," said Ryan Streblow, the executive vice president of the NTTC. "It certainly has grown exponentially."

Indeed, drivers left the business a year ago when gasoline demand ground to a near halt during the early pandemic-related shutdowns.

"We were even hauling boxes for Amazon just to keep our drivers busy," said Holly McCormick, vice president in charge of driver recruitment and retention at Groendyke Transport, an Oklahoma tanker company. "A lot of drivers didn't want to do the safety protocols. We're also working with an aging work force. Many said 'I might as well take it as a cue to retire.'"

Not just any truck driver is allowed to drive a tanker truck. It requires special certification, including a commercial driver's license, and weeks of training after being hired. And while the jobs are more attractive than some long-haul trucking jobs that can keep drivers away from home for days or weeks at a time, it is strenuous, difficult work.

McCormick, who runs the workforce committee for NTTC, said another problem was the shutdown of many driver schools early in the pandemic. The pipeline of new drivers those schools would have produced has yet to be filled, she said. And then there's a new federal clearinghouse that went online in January 2020 to identify truck drivers with prior drug or alcohol violations or failed drug tests, which knocked about 40,000 to 60,000 total drivers out of the national employment pool.

As many of you already know, I used to be a truck driver. Because the bureaucrats made it so difficult for me to remain at work with new requirements nearly every year for people with medical issues, I am out of a job and career because the government put me out to pasture.

They never allowed me to drive Haz-Mat so I never delivered gasoline. But if they harassed me out of work, I'm sure it's worse on Haz-Mat drivers. Now even the qualified drivers don't want to deliver gasoline any longer, and this on top of the long going shortage of professional drivers we've had for many years.

So what can we do about it? Nothing. You can't vote out bureaucrats. We are all going to have to shell out more money for our gasoline. So get ready. We are going back to the Bush/ Obama years very soon.
The mass deportations are really hurting us. Everything from fast food to transportation...

The blob really screwed us.

Another Threat To Our Gasoline Shortage That's Looming--Nobody To Deliver It

On the horizon: the end of oil and the beginnings of a low-carbon planet

On the horizon: the end of oil and the beginnings of a low-carbon planet | Oil and gas companies | The Guardian

This Is What The End Of The Oil Age Looks Like

This Is What The End Of The Oil Age Looks Like (forbes.com)

The end of oil?
It's the question of our generation: Can we find a sustainable alternative to oil? Scientists, inventors and activists present stern warnings and visionary solutions for the energy of tomorrow.

The end of oil? | TED Talks

That's what you voted for. Man after a couple months of pedo joe we are screwed.
You have a very short memory or infected with denialism or last but not least, a Russian mole.

Either way, our new President had nothing to do with the insurrection or fuel shortages.

Still I understand you need something to post about, the most controversial the better.

While I spend the $1,400 I got deposited in my bank account due to our new President, Joe Biden.
That freebie money usually becomes a dependency.

That freebie money usually becomes a dependency.
It was a onetime financial gift that helped me get by. I am not that stupid to believe I was going to get this cash on a monthly or yearly bases.

The real scam now being perpetuated by Russian bots or dump lovers.

“That freebie money usually becomes a dependency.”

At 71 I can tell the differences.

Thanks for the constant feargasm threads. They never get old. :113:

Thanks for proving you're the ignorant. You do realize, that $1400 is gonna cost you $6500 in taxes? Yes the bulk of that stimulus went to foreign countries.

The mass deportations are really hurting us. Everything from fast food to transportation...

The blob really screwed us.

What mass deportations do you speak of? Dementia is letting illegals in by the tens of thousands, and at this rate millions by the end of the year.

Mass deportations are not hurting us. Government paying people more to not work than work is. Now everybody.........Thank you Democrats!

Thanks for the constant feargasm threads. They never get old.

Glad you're enjoying it. I hope you enjoy it more when you're paying $6.00 per gallon of gasoline.
I won't, but I appreciate the concern. I'm a diesel head, and It's getting weird at the pump, I agree. But, when you spend north of triple digits to fill your tank on the daily, this is not really a crisis for me.

Forum List

Back