Another thread about food stamps...

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
A woman staying at a Jonesboro hotel told police four women beat her and stole her $440 Louis Vuitton handbag, diamond earrings and food stamp card.

According to Officer Gary Jackson’s report, the woman claimed four women she knew from Newport came to her room at the Lexington Suite, 2909 Kazi, around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

Woman claims she was attacked, robbed at hotel | Crime | Craighead County News

I read this kind of garbage too much, from the woman who keep getting food stamps and public assistance after winning a million in the lotto to this. Something needs to be done.

CaféAuLait;5716496 said:
A woman staying at a Jonesboro hotel told police four women beat her and stole her $440 Louis Vuitton handbag, diamond earrings and food stamp card.

According to Officer Gary Jackson’s report, the woman claimed four women she knew from Newport came to her room at the Lexington Suite, 2909 Kazi, around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

I read this kind of garbage too much, from the woman who keep getting food stamps and public assistance after winning a million in the lotto to this. Something needs to be done.

Somebody is going to get in trouble with DFS.

CaféAuLait;5716496 said:

I agree, something needs to be done. If you can afford something that expensive, you should not need food stamps.

just a thought....maybe she purchased those other items BEFORE the economic collapse. That being said, I'd have sold those items before I'd go for food stamps.

Well coming from someone who has paid taxes since he was 17-18, and from a family that always paid their taxes; everything I have I have earned i.e. worked my butt off and paid for it (or been given it by family). Not surprised to see welfare fraud, but she should have a receipt for big ticket items; no receipt, don't waste police time. :eusa_eh:

Well coming from someone who has paid taxes since he was 17-18, and from a family that always paid their taxes; everything I have I have earned i.e. worked my butt off and paid for it (or been given it by family). Not surprised to see welfare fraud, but she should have a receipt for big ticket items; no receipt, don't waste police time. :eusa_eh:

yeah...I know....I've been working since I was 14...I have absolutely no problem with social programs, in fact....at 47 years of age...I'm getting to that age that retirement is no longer some abstract anymore. I have a surgically fused spine that gives me trouble, my knees are semi-messed up, and I'm just trying to get 12 more years in so that I'll have 35 years and can retire with the maximum income I can. I know I could have retired on disability with my back, but that's not how I'M built..but, at the same time... I know that I'll need the Social Security that I've been paying into all my life....but I digress...

While I believe in social programs, I don't want to be taken advantage of either. We need accountability in them. I personally believe that work programs ought to be reinstated....programs like the WPA and the CCC.

yeah...I know....I've been working since I was 14...I have absolutely no problem with social programs, in fact....at 47 years of age...I'm getting to that age that retirement is no longer some abstract anymore. I have a surgically fused spine that gives me trouble, my knees are semi-messed up, and I'm just trying to get 12 more years in so that I'll have 35 years and can retire with the maximum income I can. I know I could have retired on disability with my back, but that's not how I'M built..but, at the same time... I know that I'll need the Social Security that I've been paying into all my life....but I digress...

While I believe in social programs, I don't want to be taken advantage of either. We need accountability in them. I personally believe that work programs ought to be reinstated....programs like the WPA and the CCC.
Well I notice the difference between welfare, education and health-care in New Zealand and the US. We pay more tax in comparison to the US, but we waste much less; meaning the system is much more efficient.

I have visited the doctor once this year, and most people hold off going; so as a result doctors aren't overworked and there are resources there for everyone (if they really need it). Universal health-care works as a result i.e. because people don't cheat/rape the system. Alongside that the government buys up and subsidizes most drugs i.e. long term planning.

But US health-care is a total mess, the bureaucracy is massive and there are tons of separate programs; rather than just one national health-care service. Doctors are paid not to cure people, but to hand out drugs; and I doubt they care about human welfare; instead just the money to pay off their massive student debt.

When Obama brings in his 'public health insurance' the system is just going to get worse; its just another layer of bureaucracy and more costs. The US govt already spends far too much on health-care, by the amount it spends the US should be sending every American home with a new car; even Canadians pay far less for health-care than Americans. :eusa_shhh:

Well I notice the difference between welfare, education and health-care in New Zealand and the US. We pay more tax in comparison to the US, but we waste much less; meaning the system is much more efficient.

I have visited the doctor once this year, and most people hold off going; so as a result doctors aren't overworked and there are resources there for everyone (if they really need it). Universal health-care works as a result i.e. because people don't cheat/rape the system. Alongside that the government buys up and subsidizes most drugs i.e. long term planning.

But US health-care is a total mess, the bureaucracy is massive and there are tons of separate programs; rather than just one national health-care service. Doctors are paid not to cure people, but to hand out drugs; and I doubt they care about human welfare; instead just the money to pay off their massive student debt.

When Obama brings in his 'public health insurance' the system is just going to get worse; its just another layer of bureaucracy and more costs. The US govt already spends far too much on health-care, by the amount it spends the US should be sending every American home with a new car; even Canadians pay far less for health-care than Americans. :eusa_shhh:

Oh...you're preaching to the choir on health care. I wanted single payer, and when I saw that single payer wasn't going to happen, I was rooting for a public option. That didn't happen either....nor did purchasing of medications on the global open market...we got a shitty program because of political infighting. It's still better than it was before...but, in truth? it was just another corporate welfare program for insurance companies and American Pharmaceutical Companies.

Oh...you're preaching to the choir on health care. I wanted single payer, and when I saw that single payer wasn't going to happen, I was rooting for a public option. That didn't happen either....nor did purchasing of medications on the global open market...we got a shitty program because of political infighting. It's still better than it was before...but, in truth? it was just another corporate welfare program for insurance companies and American Pharmaceutical Companies.
Well actually when the US and NZ free trade talks were going on a while back, the drug companies tried to fight to kill Pharmac (the agency that subsidizes and buys the drugs in mass); they backed off when they realized that all parties (left and right) supported it, as do all the pharmacies and health providers (public and private). :tongue:

CaféAuLait;5716496 said:

Somebody is going to get in trouble with DFS.

Yeah... like THAT is actually gonna happen :rolleyes:

Not in today's entitlement state

Forum List

Back