Another Tea Party govt-slashing negative side effect??

snapshot-publicemployees.png

Funny how that does not include government contractors, now ain't it??

you think Obama has moved millions of people from Government employee to government contractor since he took office, and Bush did the opposite?

OK then.

Can you show us some evidence of that? Anything?

Just showing the flaws in just using #'s of employees as your sole basis for saying that government has been slashed... it is silly to assume that

Oh... and but but but Booooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Um, that's in percents. It's not showing which agencies and departments were closed. I know that 9 months after Obama killed our manned space program (because it was a symbol of American greatness) NASA did cut 10% of the workforce in that area

What government departments in South Carolina were "Slashed" to let the grass grow?

Last edited:
Funny how that does not include government contractors, now ain't it??

Also that money spent does not inherently mean more employees

Less employees and more spending sounds like a lot of waste and a lot more room for cuts, if you ask me

but... but.... but..... it is an infographic, so is must be true!

The source data is readily available:
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

LOL

You will find the answer to the question of the meaning of life in this source:

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Search eText, Read Online, Study, Discuss.

Interesting read in paper today, link is at bottom of this thread. Here's the summary and my take:

A local man complained about the tall weeds growing on the side of Interstate 526 in Mount Pleasant, SC today (Charleston's wealthiest suburb, and led by GOP Tea Party Mayor Billy Swails). He said, with the PGA Championship in town last week, it was an "embarrassment" to have his friends in town and have them see these weeds on the side of the Federally owned Interstate 526. The State of SC is in charge of keeping those trimmed.

Now, I dont know the citizen who complained. But the article says he lives in Brickyard Plantation. And I do know that subdivision. It is one of the wealthiest subdivisions, in the wealthiest suburb of Charleston. I'd guess 99.9% of their residents oppose "Tax the rich". In fact, I'd guess this guy watches Fox News, and chats with his neighbors about the need to slash government spending. The local govt of Mt Pleasant is sure doing that.

Anyway, he goes on to complain about why nothing is done about the weeds. The South Carolina Dept of Transportation explains why, and then adds that because of reduced budget, these maintenance projects have been postponed, and will likely be deferred much more in the future. The money is just not there. Not with Governor Haley and local right wing mayors slashing everything that is government these days.

So that citizen, along with countless other friends of his I'm sure, will babble on and on about how we have to slash the government, cut taxes, stop wasting money on government, etc, etc, etc. Then, between conversations, he'll gripe about why "someone" should do something about the weeds on the Interstate 526 overpass.

Gotta love it:redface:

The ONE thing he didn't do, however, is offer the state to allow him to take his personal weed eater out there on a weekend and cut the damn things himself. Nope, no way! Thats the governments job, not his!!!!
Those aren't weeds....They're "natural indigenous vegetation"....Might even be protected species.

See pp 226 & 227 in the progressive wackadoodle handbook.

Get with the program, s0n.

They are a renewable resource too.

Just showing the flaws in just using #'s of employees as your sole basis for saying that government has been slashed... it is silly to assume that

Oh... and but but but Booooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

SO you have zero evidence to support your claim?

Color me shocked.

I did not make a claim.. I SHOWED where there can be things not counted by simply using govt employee numbers as proof that govt has been slashed...

Hmmm.. less employees, more expenditures... nah, government's not growing because ## of people in is shrinking (including state, local, etc while federal government employees have increased very slightly)

The use of the data graph YOU tried to use as proof does not fully support your claim... sorry, that is plain logic

Oh look.. my expenditures are down... I have lesser numbers of things in my house..

Make sure you take a blind eye to the fact that the things I do have cost more, and that I spent a assload of money at the strip club, and that I am paying 125K BonJovi to perform in my driveway.... my expenditures are down because I have less things in my house!

:rolleyes:

I guess weeds don't have a place in the Liberal utopian paradise... They must be destroyed. Now weed on the other hand...

Bucs, it's not federally owned. All Interstate highways are owned by the states in which they reside. And he's paying plenty of taxes, both in the state income tax and his state gas tax to get that done, and you think he should go out there and cut weeds? He'd probably be arrested for safety issues.

And the T-Party, being just an organization of individuals, is not and does not claim to be infallible. After all, it's just people becoming involved rather than going along to get along in apathy. And it's the first we've seen of a grassroots (no pun intended) political movement that thinks outside the mental restrictions imposed by a press that's a wholly owned subsidiary propaganda arm of the DEMOCRAT Party.

The dude should go cut the fucking weeds himself and stop belly aching.

It's ridiculous to believe an individual could cut weeds along a four lane highway. Just do a little weed eating yourself in a tiny area on your own property and see the backbreaking labor involved. The amount of weeds growing in those types of right-of-ways is millions of times larger if any significant difference is to be made. That's why they have a couple of state bush-hogs running in tandem, with a state truck keeping the mowing areas safe as they do the work.

Interesting read in paper today, link is at bottom of this thread. Here's the summary and my take:

A local man complained about the tall weeds growing on the side of Interstate 526 in Mount Pleasant, SC today (Charleston's wealthiest suburb, and led by GOP Tea Party Mayor Billy Swails). He said, with the PGA Championship in town last week, it was an "embarrassment" to have his friends in town and have them see these weeds on the side of the Federally owned Interstate 526. The State of SC is in charge of keeping those trimmed.

Now, I dont know the citizen who complained. But the article says he lives in Brickyard Plantation. And I do know that subdivision. It is one of the wealthiest subdivisions, in the wealthiest suburb of Charleston. I'd guess 99.9% of their residents oppose "Tax the rich". In fact, I'd guess this guy watches Fox News, and chats with his neighbors about the need to slash government spending. The local govt of Mt Pleasant is sure doing that.

Anyway, he goes on to complain about why nothing is done about the weeds. The South Carolina Dept of Transportation explains why, and then adds that because of reduced budget, these maintenance projects have been postponed, and will likely be deferred much more in the future. The money is just not there. Not with Governor Haley and local right wing mayors slashing everything that is government these days.

So that citizen, along with countless other friends of his I'm sure, will babble on and on about how we have to slash the government, cut taxes, stop wasting money on government, etc, etc, etc. Then, between conversations, he'll gripe about why "someone" should do something about the weeds on the Interstate 526 overpass.

The ONE thing he didn't do, however, is offer the state to allow him to take his personal weed eater out there on a weekend and cut the damn things himself. Nope, no way! Thats the governments job, not his!!!!

It's the Tea Party's fault that tax revenues are down? You do know that states, unlike the feds, usually have to have a balanced budget, don't you? Since Obama is more worried about building bridges than he is about mowing weeds, and it is illegal to use money flagged to build bridges to cut weeds, the states are stuck with a few weeds. If that guy really cared about the weeds, and has as much money as you seem to think, he could always hire someone to cut them himself.

The real reason is that the city is pouring taxpayer money down sewers like "green energy" and teaching "values clarification" in the schools rather then maintaining the city.

Forum List

Back