Another take on the immigration issue

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CrimsonWhite, Sep 25, 2006.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I! 'm hardworking and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hardworking and honest, except for that breaking in part). If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hardworking and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of being selfish, prejudiced, racist and mean spirited! Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is? Only in America ....if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it as a good simile. If not blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Well, it IS ridiculous, but most Americans would agree.

There's hundreds of those kind of articles popping up everywhere, so big deal. DO SOMEHTING ABOUT IT, make a plan, don't hire the SOB'S, turn em in, smoke em out. Don't communicate with them if they don't speak English.

Works for me.:firing:

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,138
    That's all fine and dandy, and I do just that, but I'm not a congressmen or senator, and they're the sons a bitches that are helping them, especially the stinking democrats.

4. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Its in your signature Pale, silence gives consent.

We have to speak up, or lose this country to the fucking aliens.

:thumbdown:

5. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    How do we lose this country to the illegal immigrants? Italian immigrants came here in large numbers, many of them were undocumented. People yelled, screamed, and created racial slurs: what happened? Americans eat more italian food and there are more catholics.

Americans became disgusted with the overflow of Irish immigrants. They refused to hire them, forced them into ghettos, and created slurs: what happened? They helped greatly in the development of urban america and are as accepted today as any group.

The problems of Mexico and South America will one day be lessened. That, combined with the tightening of our borders, will lighten the flow across our borders. There will be a lot of hispanic-americans, they will add to our culture, and eventually they will be accepted.

Now what exactly is the problem?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok observations, you have links?

7. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Links...to what part?

WOP's turned into Olive Gardens.

Windows that once said 'I.N.N.A.' now say "thank you NYPD"

The last part...well that is the nature of humanity. It was not too long ago that people referred to India as third world country. Now their economic prowess is going to surpass the USA's.

Americans are not the only ones searching for solutions. The immigration across our southern border is a result of financial despair and discontent. These factors also breed activism among those who stay. As the grass-roots movements grow, changes will occur.

There are no constants in this world...expect change.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    This:

As for the treatment Irish received, I'll give no arguement. My grandparents were documented, didn't stop the police from taking my grandfather off of boat onto another to fight in Cuba C 1898.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You're full of shit. The immigrants you mentioned came here legally and assimilated. Please show me ONE instance where anyone who is against illegal immigration and/or the stopping thereof has stated they are against LEGAL immigration.

You can't. Your argument is a lie and it sucks.

10. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Just beef up the borders so me, man. I want more legal immigrants in the country.