Another take on Rep. Wilson

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Of course my opinion is that Rep. Wilson (R. SC) behaved inappropriately, but his behavior has become typical for many members of the GOP, a party in total disarray and desperate for the power lost in the last two national elections.
But in this case I believe Wilson did our nation a service. Consider the response by the ruling authority in Iran a short time ago, and the reaction by our president and the Speaker. Speaker Pelosi looked at Wilson as one might look at a turd in a punch bowl, and President Obama gave him "the look".
No thugs on motorbikes with bats, no firearms drawn or displayed - just looks.
One assumes this display by Wilson, and the reaction of our President, will be seen by millions around the world. What better example of a civilized nation, ruled by law and the principle of free speech can there be?
Of course others around the world have seen us at our worst, those times in recent days when citizens carried firearms to political events. Such behavior is more in tune with Iran, than it is to the United States of America.

Of course my opinion is that Rep. Wilson (R. SC) behaved inappropriately, but his behavior has become typical for many members of the GOP, a party in total disarray and desperate for the power lost in the last two national elections.
But in this case I believe Wilson did our nation a service. Consider the response by the ruling authority in Iran a short time ago, and the reaction by our president and the Speaker. Speaker Pelosi looked at Wilson as one might look at a turd in a punch bowl, and President Obama gave him "the look".
No thugs on motorbikes with bats, no firearms drawn or displayed - just looks.
One assumes this display by Wilson, and the reaction of our President, will be seen by millions around the world. What better example of a civilized nation, ruled by law and the principle of free speech can there be?
Of course others around the world have seen us at our worst, those times in recent days when citizens carried firearms to political events. Such behavior is more in tune with Iran, than it is to the United States of America.

So how did you feel when dems booed and heckeled Bush during his SOTU?

ANything?

Forum List

Back