Another take on Palin

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
6 things the Palin pick says about McCain - Yahoo! News

I will be quoting from this link as soon as I post this and can reopen link.

He is smart enough to know it could work, at least politically. Many Republicans see this pick as a brilliant stroke because it will be difficult for Democrats to run hard against a woman in the wake of the Hillary Clinton drama. Will this push those disgruntled Hillary voters McCain’s way? Perhaps. But this is hardly aimed at them: It is directed at the huge bloc of independent women — especially those who do not see abortion as a make-or-break issue — who could decide this election.

Last edited:
6 things the Palin pick says about McCain - Yahoo! News

I will be quoting from this link as soon as I post this and can reopen link.

Are you sure you want to be using this link to convince someone McCain made a wise choice?

He’s desperate. Let’s stop pretending this race is as close as national polling suggests. The truth is McCain is essentially tied or trailing in every swing state that matters — and too close for comfort in several states like Indiana and Montana the GOP usually wins pretty easily in presidential races. On top of that, voters seem very inclined to elect Democrats in general this election — and very sick of the Bush years.

Is it your feeling that McCain is desperate?

Do you feel fiscal conservatives will be happy with his pick too? I hear a lot about this pick drawing women voters but my experience is women often handle family finances. I'd have a hard time understanding how any woman who has had to budget money could relate to Palin considering she isn't a fiscal conservative.

She's a Republican alright!

In 1996, after winning the election to be mayor of Wasilla, then a town with a population of 5,000, Palin sought to oust six department heads because they had signed a letter supporting the previous mayor, their old boss.

Palin ultimately fired two of them, the police chief and the museum director, and pushed two others into quitting.

In 1997, some residents considered her actions so high-handed that they tried to initiate a recall election.

“Four months of turmoil have followed in which almost every move by Palin has been questioned,” the Associated Press reported in a Feb. 11, 1997 dispatch. “Critics argue the [Palin] decisions are politically motivated.”

Consortiumnews.com

Vendettas

Still, many political observers wondered if Palin’s limited – and checkered – career as an official in a lightly populated state like Alaska might prove to be a liability for McCain.

Following her two terms as mayor of Wasilla, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for the Republican lieutenant governor nomination in 2002.

Then, as chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, she fell into a public spat with fellow commissioner Randy Ruedrich, the state’s GOP chairman.

In 2003, she reported Ruedrich to Gov. Frank Murkowski’s administration, saying she suspected him of an ethics breach in conducting work for the state GOP on government time.

To obtain evidence of Ruedrich’s alleged malfeasance, Palin hacked into his computer, an ethical lapse in its own right. She resigned from the commission in January 2004.

But Palin’s ethics complaint against Ruedrich gave her a reputation as an anti-establishment reformer at a time when the Alaskan Republican hierarchy was coming under scrutiny for corruption.

This chick is dirty scum!

Looks like she might make fellow Republicans not turn their back on her. She doesn't seem to mind stepping on people to get ahead.

wait, I thought she was a GOP outsider? The news coming out about her makes it seem like she has the play by play handbook on how to climb the GOP ladder of success.

Don't worry, they just fucked up royally with picking her as their VP. John McCain has women issues. Personally and politically. I'm sure she is going to love hearing that John McCain called his wife a "****", repeatedly. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOl4iT46Eec]YouTube - Did John McCain Call His Wife A C**t?[/ame] Also John thinks it is funny to refer to women as "Bitches" [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQGWpRVA7o]YouTube - "How Do We Beat the Bitch" Extended Version[/ame]:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back