Another take on Obama's gay marriage stance.

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
One of my brothers had an interesting take on President Obama's "evolving" to endorse gay marriage: making this announcement goes to prevent a third party candidate from forming, as the issue essentially sets up a "for or against" wedge with no middle ground. So you already have Romney's "against" and Obama's "for".....and that puts Ron Paul between a rock and a hard place as a potential "king maker" in the GOP (releasing his delegates to Romney at the upcoming GOP Caucus), as the "against" crowd would depend upon State government to alter their Constitutions to prevent gay marriage, and the "for" crowd would depend upon the Federal government to override individual State rulings.

But I note that the kicker is the President's statement means little, being that any pro-gay marriage bills would stall in either the House or the Senate, and the Democrats are NOT united on this issue. Since there is no bill to date on Capitol Hill that would ban gay marriage in America, Obama has nothing to veto.

At most, Obama may solidify enough votes to off set the 30 states that have passed anti-gay marriage laws on this issue.....and I seriously doubt that he's going to lose significant voting numbers because of this. Time will tell....and indeed we are witnessing interesting times!

Obama agrees with North Carolina's decision, in that it is a State issue.

Leftists are just going insane because they have nothing else to hope for.

Obama is merely coming out and saying what he privately believes anyway. And has probably always privately believed. It might be the most honest moment in his administration.

But if it anyone thinks it will rescue his sinking administration they are sadly mistaken.

He can believe that the earth is flat, I don't give a shit. As long as he doesn't legislate it.

On the bright side... those Evangelicals who hate Romney will not get off their asses and vote for Romney. And he's kissed goodbye to a huge chunk of the Latino vote too. He's lost a lot of votes with his 'evolution'.

Last edited:
Obama is merely coming out and saying what he privately believes anyway. And has probably always privately believed. It might be the most honest moment in his administration.

But if it anyone thinks it will rescue his sinking administration they are sadly mistaken.

Obama is coming out......? :eek:

Fortunately Ted Olson will argue this in front of the Supreme Court. Obviously he has reason to believe he'll win.

Yeah, but Obama is on the "Right Side of History"..........whatever that means.

Obama is a coward. He claimed he was a Christian just to get elected......then he demanded that a Crucifix be covered up when he gave a speech at Georgetown Unv.

Then he puts Gays all over in his administration including Dan Savage. He peppered the audience in his state dinner for the British Prime-minster with Gays. Hillary is still in the closet, but she's showing signs of coming out of the closet, what with her lack of makeup and not caring about her hair anymore, choosing instead to go Au-natural.

Obama has been surrounded by Gays most of his life. His mentor in Hawaii was a Bi-sexual and a communist. His nanny in Jakarta was a Transsexual. He is not a stranger to Gays in any shape or form. Frankly if I was Gay I would be ashamed of the fact it took him so long......or so it seems. Back in 1996 he publicly said he was for same-sex marriage. That only changed when he decided to run for national office. By 2008 he was against it.

But here's the kicker......Obama admitted he was going to come out with this sometime before the election. However he claimed the day before he said this that his opinion was evolving. It's not like he all of the sudden decided to confess. He'd been planning on this for some time. Joe Biden's fake fo-pa is pretty darned suspicious. Truth is he's about to visit George Clooney at his estate and many of the Hollywood elite were threatening to not open their check-books. The fee for an invitation is $40,000.00.

And what's strange is all of the Sudden the Washington Post comes out with a multiple-page story about accusations that Mitt Romney teased a suspected Gay student.........in 1965.

Paleeeeeeeeze.

Give me a fucken break. As if the dog story wasn't stupid enough.

And don't you believe this story didn't come from the White House.

I guess asking Obama's classmates what he was like isn't out of bounds now.

How bout the fact that they called him "Duck Boy" when he was in Jakarta because of the funny way he used to run. Or the fact that they once had to tie him to a tree because he wouldn't leave the girls in the school alone. He had problems getting along with the other kids. He was so spoiled that he had to be sent back to Hawaii to live with his Grandparents for a time.

No wonder Obama has done everything he could to keep his history quiet. He has more skeletons than you can shake a stick at.

Last edited:
One of my brothers had an interesting take on President Obama's "evolving" to endorse gay marriage: making this announcement goes to prevent a third party candidate from forming, as the issue essentially sets up a "for or against" wedge with no middle ground. So you already have Romney's "against" and Obama's "for".....and that puts Ron Paul between a rock and a hard place as a potential "king maker" in the GOP (releasing his delegates to Romney at the upcoming GOP Caucus), as the "against" crowd would depend upon State government to alter their Constitutions to prevent gay marriage, and the "for" crowd would depend upon the Federal government to override individual State rulings.

But I note that the kicker is the President's statement means little, being that any pro-gay marriage bills would stall in either the House or the Senate, and the Democrats are NOT united on this issue. Since there is no bill to date on Capitol Hill that would ban gay marriage in America, Obama has nothing to veto.

At most, Obama may solidify enough votes to off set the 30 states that have passed anti-gay marriage laws on this issue.....and I seriously doubt that he's going to lose significant voting numbers because of this. Time will tell....and indeed we are witnessing interesting times!

so in other words you people have no problems with your President PLAYING games with the people he "supposedly" represents.

You're first sentence is a moot point which doesn't change what the man stated as HIS PERSONAL OPINION regarding gay marriage!

Your second sentence is yet another misfire from a neocon/teabagger blowhard.

Obama is a coward. He claimed he was a Christian just to get elected......then he demanded that a Crucifix be covered up when he gave a speech at Georgetown Unv.

Then he puts Gays all over in his administration including Dan Savage. He peppered the audience in his state dinner for the British Prime-minster with Gays. Hillary is still in the closet, but she's showing signs of coming out of the closet, what with her lack of makeup and not caring about her hair anymore, choosing instead to go Au-natural.

Obama has been surrounded by Gays most of his life. His mentor in Hawaii was a Bi-sexual and a communist. His nanny in Jakarta was a Transsexual. He is not a stranger to Gays in any shape or form. Frankly if I was Gay I would be ashamed of the fact it took him so long......or so it seems. Back in 1996 he publicly said he was for same-sex marriage. That only changed when he decided to run for national office. By 2008 he was against it.

But here's the kicker......Obama admitted he was going to come out with this sometime before the election. However he claimed the day before he said this that his opinion was evolving. It's not like he all of the sudden decided to confess. He'd been planning on this for some time. Joe Biden's fake fo-pa is pretty darned suspicious. Truth is he's about to visit George Clooney at his estate and many of the Hollywood elite were threatening to not open their check-books. The fee for an invitation is $40,000.00.

And what's strange is all of the Sudden the Washington Post comes out with a multiple-page story about accusations that Mitt Romney teased a suspected Gay student.........in 1965.

Paleeeeeeeeze.

How bout the fact that they called him "Duck Boy" when he was in Jakarta because of the funny way he used to run. Or the fact that they once had to tie him to a tree because he wouldn't leave the girls in the school alone. He had problems getting along with the other kids. He was so spoiled that he had to be sent back to Hawaii to live with his Grandparents for a time.

No wonder Obama has done everything he could to keep his history quiet. He has more skeletons than you can shake a stick at.

And here we have a prime example of a neocon/teabagger meltdown in progress. Obama makes a ballsy political move that may or may not get back the Independents that sat out the 2010 election....and all you get from this Mudwhistle is a collection of wild accusations, supposition and conjecture, half truths and distortions and a slew of irrational hatred that really doesn't address the point of my OP.

Obama must be onto something if it gets the neocon/teabagger parrots and noise machine all in a frenzy.

Mudwhistle......an apt description of that joker's posts.

You're first sentence is a moot point which doesn't change what the man stated as HIS PERSONAL OPINION regarding gay marriage!

Good. Good.

Let your butthurt flow.

so in other words you people have no problems with your President PLAYING games with the people he "supposedly" represents.

No Stephanie, those are YOUR words....which as usual miss the entire point of my OP.

Funny how this President is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by folk like Stephanie....yet DECADES of previous President's have made similar public statements were analyzed for the content, and NOT attacked SOLELY on their character.

Stephanie just parrots the same old Rove mantras from the 2008 election...."he's not one of us, he's not to be trusted, etc., etc."

Give it a rest, Stephie old girl.

No Stephanie, those are YOUR words....which as usual miss the entire point of my OP.

Funny how this President is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by folk like Stephanie....yet DECADES of previous President's have made similar public statements were analyzed for the content, and NOT attacked SOLELY on their character.

Stephanie just parrots the same old Rove mantras from the 2008 election...."he's not one of us, he's not to be trusted, etc., etc."

yeah right, poor Obama has been the ONLY President attacked on his character.
I swear some of you act like you were just BORN under President Obama..
of course with you, that could be true..:lol:

This issue actually draws opposition from some here.....................:eek:

Good. Good.

Let your butthurt flow.

And SniperFire has revealed himself to be just another ignorant neocon/teabagger crank who's sole purpose is to get attention. I'm done with him.

Paleeeeeeeeze.

And here we have a prime example of a neocon/teabagger meltdown in progress. Obama makes a ballsy political move that may or may not get back the Independents that sat out the 2010 election....and all you get from this Mudwhistle is a collection of wild accusations, supposition and conjecture, half truths and distortions and a slew of irrational hatred that really doesn't address the point of my OP.

Obama must be onto something if it gets the neocon/teabagger parrots and noise machine all in a frenzy.

There was nothing balsy about it. It was pure political theater. He wasn't being brave. He was simply lying about his true feelings all this time.

In all honesty I was just wondering these last 4 years when the lying prick would fess up. It takes a dumb-ass like you to fall for it I guess.

Btw, the Mitt Romney Gay-bashing story is already beginning to fall apart.

Cracks in the Washington Post story on Romney’s ‘pranks’ emerge | The Daily Caller

Last edited:

Paleeeeeeeeze.

There was nothing balsy about it. It was pure political theater. He wasn't being brave. He was simply lying about his true feelings all this time.

In all honesty I was just wondering these last 4 years when the lying prick would fess up. It takes a dumb-ass like you to fall for it I guess.

Btw, the Mitt Romney Gay-bashing story is already beginning to fall apart.

Cracks in the Washington Post story on Romney’s ‘pranks’ emerge | The Daily Caller

The "gay harassment" story is too well timed to be believable, however, will Romney stance against human rights hurt HIM in November?

Forum List

Back