Another take on 9/11 ceremonies

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
I don't do public or group mournings....to me personal grief is just that ....but I don't begrudge anyone who does the standard gigs like the upcoming 9/11 public memorial services tomorrow. To each their own, with my condoloences and sympathies, for what's that is worth.

What I do have a bone to pick on is that with all this media hype of interviews and reflections some major issues are STILL not being addressed....like the disgusting political and economic haggling and delays to get proper medical attention for all those who spent weeks digging out and saving lives at ground zero. Hell, Bloomberg didn't even invite the first responder families or various priests due to "seating capacity." Also, this pitiful PR display of "security" measures everytime Home Land Security hears "chatter" or a "viable possibility of a threat". In the last ten years we've had 3 near misses....the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber and the Times Square car bomber. Homeland Security didn't stop these guys, malfunctions and their own incompetance did! So is it really necessary to have this billion dollar boondoggle of Homeland Security when some simple phone calls and weekly meetings by the various agencies did the same or a better job? Is it really necessary to have agencies tap our phones, read our e-mails and put "surveillance" on us without any justification or oversight by our elected government officials?

Some may say that this is not the time for such thoughts....but I say if we don't want this stuff to happen again, we damned well better start giving it the same attention as we do telling each other how we're dealing with the grief.

Forum List

Back