Another "Systematic Failure"?

Walt

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2008
Joliet IL.
Jihadist writings, rocket launcher, and no charges filed? Then at the end of the article it says "so maybe if a rocket launcher was located there". They already know it was there? What is going on in this Country when you find a rocket launcher with jihadist writings and there is no problem. No crime. Will this be called another "systematic faliure"? Is it faliure or complacency? Here is some of the article.

Rocket Launcher Found In Apartment
No Charges Filed

HOUSTON -- Police went to a southwest Houston apartment to break up a disturbance but ended up finding something else, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

WATCH IT: Rocket Launcher Found In Apartment
A woman called police on Monday and said a man was forcing his way into her apartment in the 5300 block of Elm Street.
When officers went inside, they found something that made them concerned enough to call the bomb squad.
They found an AT-4 shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. It can shoot a missile nearly 1,000 feet through buildings and tanks.
Yansane was charged with criminal trespassing and pleaded guilty. He was sentenced to three days in jail, which he has already served. No charges related to the rocket launcher or writings were filed.
"Other people could have had access to the apartment, so maybe if a rocket launcher was located there, as is stated in the offense report, maybe it belonged to somebody else," attorney Garl Polland said.
Prosecutors said there are no state charges for having the unarmed launcher or possessing Jihadist writings, unless they contain some type of threat.
The former director of Houston's FBI office said rocket launchers can be dangerous if they're in the wrong hands.

Http://www.click2houston.com/news/22097824/detail.html

Jihadist writings, rocket launcher, and no charges filed? Then at the end of the article it says "so maybe if a rocket launcher was located there". They already know it was there? What is going on in this Country when you find a rocket launcher with jihadist writings and there is no problem. No crime. Will this be called another "systematic faliure"? Is it faliure or complacency? Here is some of the article.

No Charges Filed

HOUSTON -- Police went to a southwest Houston apartment to break up a disturbance but ended up finding something else, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

A woman called police on Monday and said a man was forcing his way into her apartment in the 5300 block of Elm Street.
When officers went inside, they found something that made them concerned enough to call the bomb squad.
They found an AT-4 shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. It can shoot a missile nearly 1,000 feet through buildings and tanks.
Yansane was charged with criminal trespassing and pleaded guilty. He was sentenced to three days in jail, which he has already served. No charges related to the rocket launcher or writings were filed.
"Other people could have had access to the apartment, so maybe if a rocket launcher was located there, as is stated in the offense report, maybe it belonged to somebody else," attorney Garl Polland said.
Prosecutors said there are no state charges for having the unarmed launcher or possessing Jihadist writings, unless they contain some type of threat.
The former director of Houston's FBI office said rocket launchers can be dangerous if they're in the wrong hands.

Well, it is nice to know that the FBI has such a firm grip on reality.

What are the laws in this place on this weapon?

You see it is not illegal to posses writings or even composing writings if no threat is contained in them.

Baruch Menachem

It sure is. Just like the emails Hasan wrote and like the father who warned the Embassy. FBI, CIA Homeland Security. Feel safe yet?

You see it is not illegal to posses writings or even composing writings if no threat is contained in them.

Since the writings were not released we do not know what they say. However the article did say they were jihadist in nature. Is not being jihadist in nature a threat in its self? Does not jihad call for violence?

There is an unarmed tank in my hometown. Actually, there are several. I have also seen unarmed cannons on ships, in people's homes, etc..

There could be Christian writings on it calling a threat to the government in the name of God, in any one of these places where such a thing exists, for all anyone knows, and not one person would consider it a terrorist threat. Who cares if someone owns an unarmed rocket launcher/ Canon/ Tank/ etc?

If it is not armed, then it is nothing but a well constructed pile of metal. Will everyone stop flipping out about jihadist writings, as if this automatically means that someone who is jihad is a terrorist? Look- I get it- the ones we HEAR about are.. but most of the anti abortionists that we hear about, also bomb clinics, and I don't think that all anti abortionists are terrorists, as a result... Just keepin it real.

No Charges Filed

Really, dangerous. Hmmmm. really?
I wonder how much education and experience one needs to determine that "rocket launchers can be dangerous in the wrong hands". really?

No Charges Filed

Really, dangerous. Hmmmm. really?
I wonder how much education and experience one needs to determine that "rocket launchers can be dangerous in the wrong hands". really?

Seems stupid to me for a terrorist to store their terrorist supplies at home, where they live, and ALSO call the police, rather than using some kind of dangerous weapon against an intruder.

There are such things as storage units. I don't think this situation is credible enough to call it a terrorist threat.. Good grief.

There is an unarmed tank in my hometown. Actually, there are several. I have also seen unarmed cannons on ships, in people's homes, etc..

There could be Christian writings on it calling a threat to the government in the name of God, in any one of these places where such a thing exists, for all anyone knows, and not one person would consider it a terrorist threat. Who cares if someone owns an unarmed rocket launcher/ Canon/ Tank/ etc?

If it is not armed, then it is nothing but a well constructed pile of metal. Will everyone stop flipping out about jihadist writings, as if this automatically means that someone who is jihad is a terrorist? Look- I get it- the ones we HEAR about are.. but most of the anti abortionists that we hear about, also bomb clinics, and I don't think that all anti abortionists are terrorists, as a result... Just keepin it real.

Keepin it real? You do understand the term jihad means holy war right? Yes, if you are a jihidist you ARE a terrorist. I have not "flipped out". As long as they are out to kill you and yours or me and mine or any other American. I want them checked out if they are found
with a rocket launcher and jihadist {holy war} material. If someone is caught with a rocket launcher and extreme anti-abortion material. I want them checked out. If somone is caught with a rocket launcher and have extreme ELF mateial I want them checked out. Any extremist caught with a rocket launcher should be checked out.

Keepin it real? You do understand the term jihad means holy war right? Yes, if you are a jihidist you ARE a terrorist. I have not "flipped out". As long as they are out to kill you and yours or me and mine or any other American. I want them checked out if they are found
with a rocket launcher and jihadist {holy war} material. If someone is caught with a rocket launcher and extreme anti-abortion material. I want them checked out. If somone is caught with a rocket launcher and have extreme ELF mateial I want them checked out. Any extremist caught with a rocket launcher should be checked out.

So, someone like you having a rocket launcher is okay?

And how was this person NOT checked out? They obviously were. And no charges were filed. Who cares if that person has a book on jihad? When it said "jihad writings" that could have been note taking. That doesn't make the person an extremist, and even if it does, it does not make them dangerous.

Hell, even if the person had any old gun in the apartment, the same things would be said, anyways. This is not about them having a rocket launcher. It is about them having jihad writings. The bit about the rocket launcher makes people come to automated subjective conclusions that the rocket launcher (or whatever other weapon of mention) is a tool that was meant to be used for terrorism.

Main Entry: ji·had
Variant(s): also je·had \ji-ˈhäd, chiefly British -ˈhad\
Function: noun
Etymology: Arabic jihād
Date: 1869
1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty; also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline
2 : a crusade for a principle or belief

A good article on jihad, which should be read thoroughly by anyone reading this thread:

The concept of Jihad in Islam

I just disagree with taking two separate things, that may not be related, and automatically judging the person involved by calling them an extremist, or requiring that they have all of their personal history checked out, just because the ONE thing (the writings) connotates negative feelings for you.

And how was this person NOT checked out? They obviously were. And no charges were filed. Who cares if that person has a book on jihad? When it said "jihad writings" that could have been note taking. That doesn't make the person an extremist, and even if it does, it does not make them dangerous.

Hell, even if the person had any old gun in the apartment, the same things would be said, anyways. This is not about them having a rocket launcher. It is about them having jihad writings. The bit about the rocket launcher makes people come to automated subjective conclusions that the rocket launcher (or whatever other weapon of mention) is a tool that was meant to be used for terrorism.

1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty; also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline

A good article on jihad, which should be read thoroughly by anyone reading this thread:

I just disagree with taking two separate things, that may not be related, and automatically judging the person involved by calling them an extremist, or requiring that they have all of their personal history checked out, just because the ONE thing (the writings) connotates negative feelings for you.

As I stated it was not ONE thing. It was not about an old rusted WW2 luger. It was a rocket launcher and jihadist writings. As for someone like me I would not have a rocket launcher since they are illegal. They did not pay attention to Hasan emailing that cleric. They did not pay attention to the Christmas day bombers dad coming to the embassy 3 times.

I have read that article. I agree jihad can be of an internal struggle. That type of jihad does not require a rocket launcher.

So if you have negitive feelings for me so be it. I would rather you were safe {and other Americans} and mad at me than dead.

As I stated it was not ONE thing. It was not about an old rusted WW2 luger. It was a rocket launcher and jihadist writings. As for someone like me I would not have a rocket launcher since they are illegal. They did not pay attention to Hasan emailing that cleric. They did not pay attention to the Christmas day bombers dad coming to the embassy 3 times.

I have read that article. I agree jihad can be of an internal struggle. That type of jihad does not require a rocket launcher.

So if you have negitive feelings for me so be it. I would rather you were safe {and other Americans} and mad at me than dead.

You have a point...

And on further scrutiny, it appears that having the weapon at all is in fact a statutory offense.

Prohibited Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or kn owingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) an explosive weapon;
(2) a machine gun;
(3) a short-barrel firearm;
(4) a firearm silencer;
(5) a switchblade knife;
(6) knuckles;
(7) armor-piercing ammunition;
(8) a chemical dispensing device; or
(9) a zip gun.

(2) "Explosive weapon" means any explosive or incendiary bomb, grenade, rocket, or mine, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes a device designed, made, or adapted for delivery or shooting an explosive weapon.

Methinks the state attorneys made a big mistake in not seeking charges. You gotta give the "truthers" credit where credit is due. Our government is ridiculously pathetic when it comes to national defense.

Jihadist with a rocket launcher? Okay.

"Right-winger" with a bible and a gun? Not Okay.

Welcome to the world of Truthmattersnot!

Last edited:

It is not only war. According to Websters, and we can hopefully agree that Websters is not a fah fah leftist citation, armed conflict is only ONE of the definitions of Jihad:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Jihad

Last edited:

I should have read further before I posted the definition.

Forum List

Back