Another Subway Gaff

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
More Anti-American Images Found at German Subway Stores
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
August 04, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Picture this: a gigantic cheeseburger (with tomatoes and lettuce) slamming into two high-rise buildings, as cartoon characters run from the flaming ruins.
hamburger3.jpg

It's clearly a takeoff on the 9/11 terror attacks on the World Trade Center, and according to the Virginia-based Center for Individual Freedom, the illustration appears on page 18 of a 30-page "food diary" distributed by Subway sandwich shops in Germany.

Last week, the Center for Individual Freedom launched a grassroots campaign against anti-American tray-liners at German subway stores.

The Center said it intends to continue drawing attention to Subway's "tasteless anti-American marketing scheme in the coming days."

Link to Article

While the other ad I've seen was no doubt anti-american.

My first impression was that it was a take off of Godzilla?

Isaac Brock said:
While the other ad I've seen was no doubt anti-american.

My first impression was that it was a take off of Godzilla?
Hmmm, perhaps, but two tall buildings and one of the people running away wearing a cowboy hat? Naaaw, don't think so.

Looks like there are a few more than one building in that picture. It just doesn't seem to make sense. Even in Europe, 9/11 was not viewed as a positive thing. I can see them doing the traditional "Hahaha Americans are fat, lazy, cowboys." However, I truly can't see them making that leap to belittle a terrorist acts with a loss of life.

gop_jeff said:
Just another reason to eat at Blimpies!
Better subs anyways!

I wrote Subway last week when this first hit and no surprise, I haven't received a response.

jef - just how many differences did you find?
:rotflmao:

However, I truly can't see them making that leap to belittle a terrorist acts with a loss of life.
I'm not so sure. I mean, it shows buildings collapsing, people running, and they are referring to Americans. It certainly might look that way to someone even if that's not the intention.

Forum List

Back