Another study show FOX news dumbs its viewers down.

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid | | AlterNet

FOX news viewers are dedicated and believe anything that FOX airs. As a result, totally false and irrational statements are given serious credence. Sadly, most of the FOX viewer look at any other news agency as liberally perverted. So, they rarely, if ever, find out the real truth in many instances.

•91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
•72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
•72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
•60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
•49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
•63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
•56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
•38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
•63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

For some of these, the "findings" don't exactly match the questions.

Q31. Is it your impression that the bailout program for Chrysler and General Motors occurred under:

•91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
•72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
•72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
•60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
•49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
•63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
•56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
•38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
•63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

For some of these, the "findings" don't exactly match the questions.

Q31. Is it your impression that the bailout program for Chrysler and General Motors occurred under:

That doesn't change the overall finding. FOX has an agenda that is controlled by an Austrailian. That would be the very real effort to control and manipulate the news. It really is not that much different than what Communist China does to control the news that it's citizens hear. Except perhaps, that there are legitmate news outlets available here. Of course, China does not allow that.

But many FOX viewers don't want to hear any other views. I know some, who are actually good friends, who have stopped all newpapers and even canceled their cable feed of other news stations. Anyone who presents a view that is contrary to their ultra-right stance is summarily dismissed. It is quite confusing. It is as if there is a large segment of our society that NEEDS to be told what to think. AMAZING!

i love hackmanship like this

when people showed video's of dumb obama voters, dems of course downplayed it and meaning nothing....

but this "study" ""proves"" your world view and its gospel

:rolleyes:

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid | | AlterNet

FOX news viewers are dedicated and believe anything that FOX airs. As a result, totally false and irrational statements are given serious credence. Sadly, most of the FOX viewer look at any other news agency as liberally perverted. So, they rarely, if ever, find out the real truth in many instances.

Just keeping it real here..............

Just wanted to point out that "Alternet" is basically a phoney website, frequented by people on The DailyKos and other radical left internet addresses.

The other thing is.........go check the ratings today. Nobody watches CNN and especially, nobody watches MSNBC, the suppossed purveyors of the real truth.

Dedicated ignorant people FTW!!!

There you go these limp brained idiots think rating are more important than facts

I enjoy ironic humor.... such as people starting threads about how dumb a certain section of American society are.... when there's already several threads on the same 'study'.

It reminds me of the very wise old saying "People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones'.

Stupid people bitching about how stupid other people are. Funny shit.

Its not about stupid its about misinformed ( another word LIED to).

It is pretty fucking stupid to defend the people who lie to you though

Its not about stupid its about misinformed ( another word LIED to).

It is pretty fucking stupid to defend the people who lie to you though

I don't 'defend' any news organization, idiot. I simply point out the stupidity of starting a thread when a thread already exists. When one is calling someone stupid - and in doing that - does something stupid, that is irony.

And, anyone with an IQ above room temperature will know that studies do not 'confirm' anything - studies 'suggest'. Therefore, not only is the OP an idiot for starting a thread about a topic that already exists... he 'confirms' his stupidity by linking to an inaccurate article.

who said I was talking to you?

quit thinking EVERYTHING revolves arround your little foolish self

Being mis informed is not stupidity unless you thne defend the people who are LYING to you even when you know they are lying.

All the cons on here who defend fox after knowing what they are doing are stupid.

Anyone who doesn't believe Murdoch and his entire media holdings are purveyors of RW propaganda are not listening carefully. For those with a triple digit IQ, it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise, for the rest, the servile minons of the echo chamber who actually believe the propaganda is news, they're sadly comical.

Why AMERICANS would defend some foriegn asshole feeding them LIES is beyond me.

We live in a country gone half mad

1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

Seems to define Murdoch's Newscorp and differentiate his programming from most of the MSM; Limbaugh also fits the mold as a purveyor of propaganda.
To suggest similarities to even the most ardent supporters on the left - Olbermann & Maddow for example - ignores the obvious, MSNBC uses primary sources, Fox does not.

Forum List

Back