Another study by brilliant researchers confirms what we already knew

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;2087602 said:
Game Ownership May Interfere With Young Boys' Academic Functioning

Parents of young boys may want to encourage moderation when it comes to their kids' video game habits. According to new findings in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, owning a video-game system may hamper academic development in some children....

Further analysis revealed that the time spent playing video games may link the relationship between owning a video-game system and reading and writing scores. These findings suggest that video games may be displacing after-school academic activities and may impede reading and writing development in young boys. The authors note that when children have problems with language at this young age, they tend to have a tougher time acquiring advanced reading and writing skills later on. They conclude, "Altogether, our findings suggest that video-game ownership may impair academic achievement for some boys in a manner that has real-world significance."

Game on? Video-game ownership may interfere with young boys' academic functioning

NO FUCKING SHIT

How much money did it take them to figure this out?

:lol::lol::lol: And I keep wondering WHY we all keep allowing this nonsense.

A loud DUHHH, YA THINK? resounds throughout the halls as we bang our heads at the stupidity of many of the government grants, studies, and flatout loony projects they give OUR money away for.

I have e-mailed and called my representatives for years about this issue as with others and it's like pissing against the wind without a raincoat.

There is way too much money being spent on bullshit studies. With all the people out of work and people struggling to make ends meet, there should be a better use of the money these companies are spending on these useless studies.

Was the study done with Stimulus funds and how many jobs did it Save or Create?

Just wonderin'.

I had a good education too.
I think I misplaced some of it as over the years though.

I can't seem to remember how Fox fits into our government.

Last edited:
I had a good education too.
I think I misplaced some of it as over the years though.

I can't seem to remember how Fox fits into our government.

To help your memory:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back