Another Stimulus Package

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Oct. 8 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she may call lawmakers back to Washington after the Nov. 4 election to work on a $150 billion economic stimulus package.

Here's the best part:

The Bush administration had threatened to veto the stimulus measure the House passed, saying it would ``simply increase government spending'' without providing an ``efficient vehicle for job creation.''

LOL. Like the other one he signed wasn't the SAME BULLSHIT?

Are any of you people actually still falling for this political crap?

Have we seen jobs rise since the last stimulus package? Was it not an affront to fiscal responsibility? Have ANY of these "stimulus packages" or bailouts been fiscally responsible, or create jobs??

Who's more retarded this election year, the politicians or the voters? I suppose we'll see.

Here's the best part:

Have we seen jobs rise since the last stimulus package? Was it not an affront to fiscal responsibility? Have ANY of these "stimulus packages" or bailouts been fiscally responsible, or create jobs??

Who's more retarded this election year, the politicians or the voters? I suppose we'll see.

In his defense it might have been Bush's way of making sure and effort is made to focus on job creation in the middle of all the other bullshit but who is more retarded ? The voters--by a long shot.

In his defense it might have been Bush's way of making sure and effort is made to focus on job creation in the middle of all the other bullshit but who is more retarded ? The voters--by a long shot.

But why defend him NOW, when he didn't seem to care about ANY of that when he signed all the OTHER bullshit this past year?

I mean, none of what he seems to be concerned about on THIS proposal ended up that way on any of the others he signed. They were all horrible fiscal decisons, and we've only LOST jobs since this whole mess started to become mainstream, let alone while it was all still a dirty little secret.

Not another DOLLAR thrown at this mess is going to be well spent, or create jobs for the masses.

But why defend him NOW, when he didn't seem to care about ANY of that when he signed all the OTHER bullshit this past year?

I mean, none of what he seems to be concerned about on THIS proposal ended up that way on any of the others he signed. They were all horrible fiscal decisons, and we've only LOST jobs since this whole mess started to become mainstream, let alone while it was all still a dirty little secret.

Not another DOLLAR thrown at this mess is going to be well spent, or create jobs for the masses.

No dollar from the government can create jobs because the government cannot create jobs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Look--no one can figure out what or why someone happens to be doing something now that they didnt do a year ago. There a lot of simple alternatives that are possible. I hate it went pure speculation gets twisted into the truth. And the truth is we have no clue what the rreasoning behind all this is.
If you against it , fine but making up reasons that you are against it is pushing it. Isn't there enough solid evidence you can use ?

I see a complete collapse coming. We're broke, trillions in the hole, and our only answer is to throw more money that we don't have to fix the problem? Seriously, this is twilight zone stuff.

I see a complete collapse coming. We're broke, trillions in the hole, and our only answer is to throw more money that we don't have to fix the problem? Seriously, this is twilight zone stuff.

Yes it is. More scary, some top economists fear that pumping all this money, first the US, now G20, will cause hyperinflation down the road. It could get much worse.

We will be fine.

We just need to reregulate the markets, get out of Iraq, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

Look--no one can figure out what or why someone happens to be doing something now that they didnt do a year ago. There a lot of simple alternatives that are possible. I hate it went pure speculation gets twisted into the truth. And the truth is we have no clue what the rreasoning behind all this is.
If you against it , fine but making up reasons that you are against it is pushing it. Isn't there enough solid evidence you can use ?

I rarely waste my time bashing any particular politician, but this is one time where I'm not going to remain silent and give Bush a free pass. He contradicts himself every single day and the only ones losing are the have-nots.

I suppose we might as well take what we can get, and if he chooses not to sign this if it makes it to his desk, then great. But if recent history proves anything, it will be conjured up between both sides so that both of their interests are recognized, and we will still ultimately get another 100+ billion dollars being thrown into the fire.

It's getting to be INSANE. Everyday you hear about another COUPLE HUNDRED BILLION that someone wants to throw at this. We're literally witnessing Washington completely lose its mind. I mean, if it hadn't already, we're watching the last bit of sanity that may have been left in Washington just completely disappear.

Someday soon we're all going to standing around, broke, starving, with fucking perplexed looks on our faces, wondering why we didn't we do something to stop this when we had the chance.

We will be fine.

We just need to reregulate the markets, get out of Iraq, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

And the tooth fairy watches over all while they sleep. Go to bed junior.

Here's the best part:

Jobs increase? No. GDP increase? Yes. We would have been in a recession last quarter GDP-wise had it not been for that stimulus package. As a small business owner, that package meant a lot of people buying my products. With the holiday season coming up, people are short on cash. If they have this extra cash coming to them in the form of $500 or $750, that will do wonders for stores.

I'm planning on cutting my prices by 50% to stimulate volume sales. I certainly hope it works.

We will be fine.

How old are you? Are you Dilloduck's twin brother or something? Are you old enough to vote, yet? Your arguments have the intellect of a teenager.

How so? Please explain to me if the government is spending trillions of dollars to save the rich, why shouldn't everyone else get a few hundred dollars out of the deal?

Omg, and you have the audacity to post about daily market moves? :rolleyes:

We need to fires every single soul in Washington including the President. Let's start with the idiot named Pelosi.

How so? Please explain to me if the government is spending trillions of dollars to save the rich, why shouldn't everyone else get a few hundred dollars out of the deal?

You fail to see how the government spending, according to the article I read, $150 billion on top of the $850 billion they spent two weeks ago is a bad thing?

Jobs increase? No. GDP increase? Yes. We would have been in a recession last quarter GDP-wise had it not been for that stimulus package. As a small business owner, that package meant a lot of people buying my products. With the holiday season coming up, people are short on cash. If they have this extra cash coming to them in the form of $500 or $750, that will do wonders for stores.

I'm planning on cutting my prices by 50% to stimulate volume sales. I certainly hope it works.
you have that much of a markup?
what do you sell?

Forum List

Back