Another "scumbag" taken out: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl - Local News Story - KHBS NW Arkansas

OZARK, Ark. -- Ozark police said they were called to a home where a mother asked for help with her unruly child, but the 10-year-old's father said he's outraged at the force police used against his daughter.

"I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this," said the girl's father, Anthony Medlock.

Medlock said his daughter was at her mother's house when Ozark police Officer Dustin Bradshaw shocked her in the back with a Taser and arrested her.

Medlock said his daughter does show signs of having emotional issues, but she "doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger."

The officer's statement said the girl's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

Medlock said this is not the first time the girl's mother has called police to take her daughter to a juvenile facility. He said he will now try to get custody of his daughter.

"She just wants somebody to love her, and I do," he said.

40/29 News checked with several other police agencies about their taser policies. The Fort Smith Police Department said it will only uses a Taser on a person 14 years old or older if they are a threat to someone.

So the mother's a whackjob and the father wants custody, I hope he gets it. No 10 year old deserves to have a taser used on them.

Thoughts?

I think you're the scumbag here.
You conveniently left out that the "child" kicked the officer in the balls.

but they only zapped her for a sec....what a line of defense...sure we did it...but not that long...i got to remember that one....

i am with booth here...any grown person who cant handle a 10 yr old is sad...i know 10 yr old are little mouthie demons from hell....but you still cant zap them

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl - Local News Story - KHBS NW Arkansas

OZARK, Ark. -- Ozark police said they were called to a home where a mother asked for help with her unruly child, but the 10-year-old's father said he's outraged at the force police used against his daughter.

"I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this," said the girl's father, Anthony Medlock.

Medlock said his daughter was at her mother's house when Ozark police Officer Dustin Bradshaw shocked her in the back with a Taser and arrested her.

Medlock said his daughter does show signs of having emotional issues, but she "doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger."

The officer's statement said the girl's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

Medlock said this is not the first time the girl's mother has called police to take her daughter to a juvenile facility. He said he will now try to get custody of his daughter.

"She just wants somebody to love her, and I do," he said.

40/29 News checked with several other police agencies about their taser policies. The Fort Smith Police Department said it will only uses a Taser on a person 14 years old or older if they are a threat to someone.

So the mother's a whackjob and the father wants custody, I hope he gets it. No 10 year old deserves to have a taser used on them.

Thoughts?

I think you're making too many assumptions based on very little information.

1. You have no idea how troubled this child is. She might be very aggressive.

2. You have no idea how big the child is. There are some big, fat, and strong ten year olds out there.

3. You have no idea or proof whether the mother is a whack-job. The fact that she called the police on her daughter before might mean that she's a whack-job, but it may also mean that the daughter is 'the' whack-job.

4. As someone pointed out before, you left out the part where the police officer claims the girl kicked him in the groin before he tasered her, which if true, is enough of a reason to taser her.

All in all ... the article didn't give enough information for anyone to form an informed opinion on the matter.

Howgh.

Must be nice to have NOT been there and not seen what was happening and make these judgement calls.

That is a good point RGS, the girl could be massively strong and the cop may have been small framed and weak. Or maybe the girl was armed with a weapon like a kitchen knife or golf club.

Or maybe she kicked him in the balls and he reacted in defense .... as he claims.

Must be nice to have NOT been there and not seen what was happening and make these judgement calls.
Because for all we know the police officer is having an affair with the mom and they decided it was easier to Taze and arrest the little girl rather than provide a proper environment for her.
I'm not claiming that occurred, just pointing out that such facts could also be missing.

Personally I think the Officer should have called child protective services as soon as the mother told him to taze the girl, but that's just me.

My thoughts on the issue:

She was kicking and screaming because her whackjob of a mother called the cops and said the cops could tase a 10 year old. If you have to use a taser to restrain a child, you do not deserve to be a police officer.

She was not armed, the officer shot the taser at her back. Your damn right I'm making a judgement call. Besides, if he's a officer, he has to reach a certain requirement and I highly doubt she's anywhere close to him in terms of strength.

And that mother is a whackjob, no doubt about it. Anyone who says their children can be tazed deserves to be tazed themselves first, see how it feels.

My thoughts on the issue:

She was kicking and screaming because her whackjob of a mother called the cops and said the cops could tase a 10 year old. If you have to use a taser to restrain a child, you do not deserve to be a police officer.

Assumption.

She was not armed, the officer shot the taser at her back. Your damn right I'm making a judgement call. Besides, if he's a officer, he has to reach a certain requirement and I highly doubt she's anywhere close to him in terms of strength.

I've seen some fat officers that wouldn't out-run a chain-smoking pensioner and had just about enough strength in their arms to pick up that last donut from the bottom of the box. How do you know he was not one of those ... assumption again.

And that mother is a whackjob, no doubt about it. Anyone who says their children can be tazed deserves to be tazed themselves first, see how it feels.

My mother when pissed would say even worse things that she didn't really mean.

More out of control scum allowed a monopoly of force by the state....

It doesn't matter if the child was 'fat' or 'aggressive', you don't taser a child for unruly behavior. This is another example of scum given a badge. If this was my child, and the cop tasered her, it wouldn't even make it to court. I'd crack this guy's head open with a baseball bat, then laugh about it. Yes, I could end up in jail, but the tax feeder will be a frothing-at-the-mouth vegetable.

Last edited:

Omg ... the mother called the cops on her because her daughter refused to take a shower ... WTF. Dogbert's assumption ended up being true ... the mother is a fucked up bitch and should have been tasered instead of the girl.

Why do people that have NO BUSINESS HAVING KIDS keep having kids? Will anyone please try to answer that question for me because it keeps reoccurring in my head over and over every time I read one of these idiotic articles.

Last edited:

Omg ... the mother called the cops on her because her daughter refused to take a shower ... WTF. Dogbert's assumption ended up being true ... the mother is a fucked up bitch and should have been tasered instead of the girl.

The comments section is informative and funny. Here's something from the comments that I heard on the news:

justsayin3 wrote:
first off, this article is leaving out the part where the mom of the child GAVE the officer PERMISSION verbally to 'tase' her if necessary. ridiculous that it came to that point. being a mother a know that kids have a tendency to throw temper tantrums, but 10 and throwing a fit like that....well, they are old enough for some act right in their system. if the officer tased her just for the heck of it, that wld be a totally dif issue.

so, in my opinion---this kids mom needs to step up and take the responsibility of it rather than the officer getting the blame...first bc of the kids behavior and second for giving him permission.

Forum List

Back