Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

The much needed discussion on gun-control.

Yes?

They aren't decreasing, their increasing. In both frequency and verocity.

An elementary school...that's a new low.

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

The Wild West was a much safer place.

Metal detectors, and armed guards. The problem is we don't punish predators enough! When someone commits a brutal crime - the punishment has to be brutal. There are too many people in jail who shouldn't be, and the ones that should, have it too easy. The gun needs a trigger finger- so it is not a gun problem ( guns are here to stay ) it is a societal problem!
My heart goes out to the victims, and their families !

Kind of soon to find some political thing to gripe about on this latest shooting. Details are hardly known.

Multiple people killed including children. Heartbreaking.

Children among several dead in Conn. elementary school shooting | Local News - WCVB Home

The only ones talking about politics are the idiots. I'm talking about the ability to defend our children.

I think most of us want our children to be safe, left and right. Grampa we are not even certain who the shooter was yet. As details are revealed we can discuss actions that might prevent tragedies but kind of early imo.

I would agree if we had posters involved. But we don't. We are detached outsiders and this is a message board. If you feel its too early fine, simply don't click on the thread. Problem solved.

Yes?

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

Perhaps it will prompt a much-needed discussion about mental health in this country, as the issue isn’t guns or their availability.

As with other medical issues, if detected and treated early, mental disorders can be managed in a manner as not to manifest in acts of violence.

There is also the very difficult issue – in that Americans don’t like to talk about it or even acknowledge it – of the basic nature of American culture; where we perceive violence as a legitimate means of conflict resolution.

However we address the issue, simply ‘banning’ guns, or placing greater restrictions on guns will succeed in only diminishing our civil liberties and allowing the violence to continue.

The only ones talking about politics are the idiots. I'm talking about the ability to defend our children.

I think most of us want our children to be safe, left and right. Grampa we are not even certain who the shooter was yet. As details are revealed we can discuss actions that might prevent tragedies but kind of early imo.

I would agree if we had posters involved. But we don't. We are detached outsiders and this is a message board. If you feel its too early fine, simply don't click on the thread. Problem solved.

Nope, I will definitely post and comment on any thread I choose but thanks for being so concerned about children and this latest tragedy. That is why you made this thread, right?

How do you know the shooter wasn't a teacher? From what I read, the principal and guidance counselor were killed...

We don't know and that is my point Grampa is missing apparently. Knee jerk threads happen on these shootings all the time. I think there are several here already.

Yes?

Do we even have all the facts yet? Who was the shooter?

How do you know the shooter wasn't a teacher? From what I read, the principal and guidance counselor were killed...

Even if a teacher was the shooter, they principal & counselor should have also been armed, but they were not allowed so now their dead.

Yes?

Gun control is not the answer. I do not mean to impune these atrocities in any way, but sometimes "shit happens". I hope I never live in a world where EVERYTHING can be controlled, the good, the bad or the ugly.

Just got an email about the latest body count.

At least 27 deceased, at least 12 of those kids.

The problem isn't the gun, the problem is the NRA and the gun nuts unwilling to come to the table to discuss means to control who gets to own, have in their possession and custody a gun - any gun.

Ah, yes. The typical LOLberal knee jerk to having a shooting take place in victim zones.

Tell us more of how criminals who weild fire arms will obey the law? And how disarming the people will lead to less acts of gun violence by criminals who do not obey the law. Tell us all about it.

Forum List

Back