Another school shooting....er..."accidental" shooting

how quaint.

104 people died today on the roads in America.

When will you be starting a thread on them?

That's small potatoes. There were over 3,000 abortions just today in the US.

Abortion Statistics - Worldometers

I can't wait for that thread.
Ah...cute....school shootings are now relegated to hoo hum, everyday unfortunate events.

More dead bodies for the Left to stand on in their quest to ban firearms.

(BTW, kinda skimpy details on your link)

More dead bodies for the gun nuts to gloat over and demand that more guns are the answer (because that idea has sooo worked out in the past, right?)

How many people have walked into a police station and started shooting? Do you think that the respect for the authority of the police was the deciding factor? I think it’s because the building is full of people with guns, what do you think?

Nobody has shown up at a gun show and started blasting. Why not if the mere presence of guns doesn’t prevent crime?

When criminals are surveyed in prison, almost all of them have admitted that the idea of the victim having a gun was a deterrent, but of course they don’t have a clue what they are talking about. By deterrent, I mean then went after someone else.

Now, if you were correct, and guns were not the answer, then police stations would be subjected to constant attacks. They aren’t. They aren’t because the people inside will shoot back. When do people try and rob gun stores? Not while the store is open and the staff is present, and armed. They drive through the windows and rob the joint at night, when nobody is there.

So why is it that we can’t find any proof of your assertion that the presence of guns is not a deterrent?
Search Result: Station Attacks - POLICE Magazine Answering your question

I read the full report. Only three police officers were killed in those shootings, over a period of 7 years. In most every case, the shooter was either deaded or arrested.

Like the poster above you said, anyone would be effing crazy to try to shoot up a police station or a gun show.

[

How many people have walked into a police station and started shooting? Do you think that the respect for the authority of the police was the deciding factor? I think it’s because the building is full of people with guns, what do you think?

Nobody has shown up at a gun show and started blasting. Why not if the mere presence of guns doesn’t prevent crime?

When criminals are surveyed in prison, almost all of them have admitted that the idea of the victim having a gun was a deterrent, but of course they don’t have a clue what they are talking about. By deterrent, I mean then went after someone else.

Now, if you were correct, and guns were not the answer, then police stations would be subjected to constant attacks. They aren’t. They aren’t because the people inside will shoot back. When do people try and rob gun stores? Not while the store is open and the staff is present, and armed. They drive through the windows and rob the joint at night, when nobody is there.

So why is it that we can’t find any proof of your assertion that the presence of guns is not a deterrent?
And you have no proof that it is. Only anecdotal evidence.

Between 1980 and 2012 14 police officers were killed in the state of NSW in Aussie (where I live). In the US, last year alone, 116 officers were killed in the line of duty.

I don't think crims are that worried about armed cops.

More dead bodies for the gun nuts to gloat over and demand that more guns are the answer (because that idea has sooo worked out in the past, right?)

No...the ones dragging the bodies in front of democrat journalists are democrat anti gunners...

Hey...isn't that school a democrat gun free zone....how did they have a gun in a gun free zone?

[

And you have no proof that it is. Only anecdotal evidence.

Between 1980 and 2012 14 police officers were killed in the state of NSW in Aussie (where I live). In the US, last year alone, 116 officers were killed in the line of duty.

I don't think crims are that worried about armed cops.

How were they killed....you morons banned and confiscated guns...oh, that's right, your gun confiscation didn't work...your gun crime is going up....and you still have people walking into public spaces and shooting people....the only thing you have going for you is dumb luck....the potential mass shooters stop shooting people before they kill 4, or the 4 or more people they actually shot don't die....that isn't gun control and confiscation working, that is pure dumb luck......

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.

Search Result: Station Attacks - POLICE Magazine Answering your question

You do realize that wasps and bees kill more people in the U.S. than AR-15s do....right?

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Rifles....374

Wasps and bees....and animals....

Afraid of Snakes? Wasps and Dogs Are Deadlier

Of the 1,610 people killed in encounters with animals between 2008 and 2015,

478 were killed by hornets, wasps and bees,

how quaint.

104 people died today on the roads in America.

When will you be starting a thread on them?

That's small potatoes. There were over 3,000 abortions just today in the US.

Abortion Statistics - Worldometers

I can't wait for that thread.
Ah...cute....school shootings are now relegated to hoo hum, everyday unfortunate events.

It wasn't a school shooting, it was an accident....a school shooting is when the shooter is actually trying to shoot people......

These mass shooters only have to look for gun free zones, they are made for mass shootings

Why would a mass shooter look for anything but a gun free zone?
Lol

I like my .22 . I hate shooting the AR and my 9mm because it’s to fucking loud. Even with ear plugs. Shooting the .22 is just fun. The noise is tolarable, my kid will shoot with me and .22 is cheap as hell. Very unsexy.
I've had a lot of guns when I was younger (and before I got into archery) and I would spend as much time shooting my big-bore guns as needed to develop reasonable proficiency with them. But I always enjoyed shooting the .22s much more. My very favorite .22 rifle was a Marlin 39A, lever action. My favorite .22 pistol was the Ruger Mark II. Two marvelous guns. Beautifully made, functionally perfect.

I like my .22 . I hate shooting the AR and my 9mm because it’s to fucking loud. Even with ear plugs. Shooting the .22 is just fun. The noise is tolarable, my kid will shoot with me and .22 is cheap as hell. Very unsexy.
I've had a lot of guns when I was younger (and before I got into archery) and I would spend as much time shooting my big-bore guns as needed to develop reasonable proficiency with them. But I always enjoyed shooting the .22s much more. My very favorite .22 rifle was a Marlin 39A, lever action. My favorite .22 pistol was the Ruger Mark II. Two marvelous guns. Beautifully made, functionally perfect.

Marlin model 60 here.

Why Don't These School Attacks Get Headlines?

1169234-11-20180307192554.jpeg

Newser) – A student was fatally shot Wednesday at an Alabama high school, AL.com reports. The Birmingham City School system says the shooting happened during dismissal at Huffman High School. Two students and an employee were injured. One student is in critical but stable condition; the other died on the way to the hospital. According to the AP, police identified the dead student as a 17-year-old girl. Police initially described the shooting as "accidental," though details are scarce, WVTM reports. "I was just hoping my baby was OK, that everybody was OK," says one mother whose daughter was stuck inside the school when it was locked down. "I was nervous. This is so sad."

Wonder why they have not identified the shooter.

Meanwhile, authorities in Mississippi are investigating a shooting Wednesday on the Jackson State University campus, Mississippi News Now reports. According to the Jackson Clarion Ledger, a student was shot in the leg inside a dorm and is expected to recover. One dorm resident says the student accidentally shot himself, though police haven't confirmed that and the student hasn't been forthcoming with details.

Still trying to figure out what happened.

From 17-year-old girl killed in Alabama high school shooting

I sell them... lol
Except for photos and videos I've never seen an AR-15, nor would I care to. That rifle holds absolutely no aesthetic appeal for me. I like guns which are crafted with an artful blend of nicely machined, blued and polished steel and tastefully worked wood.

For a personal defense rifle I would prefer either an M-1 Garand, which was my issued weapon in the Marines (in the 50s), or a Mini-14.

For home defense I believe the Remington 870 (12 gauge slide action) is a beautifully crafted, highly efficient shotgun.

A really nice (and highly effective) handgun is the S&W Model 19, .357 Magnum, 4" bbl. revolver with walnut grip. (I don't like automatics.)

Forum List

Back