Another scare tactic

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Another attempt by a group of idiots, err I mean scientists, to scare people into action with no reason or purpose.

Scientists: 1 in 4 mammals faces extinction - Yahoo! News

We have heard this over and over for the last 15 years, hell we should all be starving by now on a denuded lifeless rock according to some of these scientists.

Remind me about that Ice Age in the 1980's and our lose of all Oil by the mid 80's?

They do not even know all the mammals on the planet but can state that 1 in 4 will die soon.

I guess they are all vegetarians now to save the mammals?

I guess they are all vegetarians now to save the mammals?

:eusa_eh:

are you saying that scientist eat elephants, blue whales, right whales, golden lion tamarins, gorillas, red wolfs, anatolian leopards, iberian lynx, snow leopards, tigers, pandas, black rhinos, short-tailed chinchillas, giant armadillos, california condors, whooping cranes......

:D

:eusa_eh:

are you saying that scientist eat elephants, blue whales, right whales, golden lion tamarins, gorillas, red wolfs, anatolian leopards, iberian lynx, snow leopards, tigers, pandas, black rhinos, short-tailed chinchillas, giant armadillos, california condors, whooping cranes......

:D

My god they say 1/4 of all mammals are doomed and soon, how could they in good conscious, if this were actually factual continue to consume any mammal, further they stated that1/2 of all mammals are in decline, another reason that if they honestly believe this bullshit they should all be eating fruit and vegetables now, and no fish either they are all dieing too.

Though good luck on them affording any corn.

My god they say 1/4 of all mammals are doomed and soon, how could they in good conscious, if this were actually factual continue to consume any mammal, further they stated that1/2 of all mammals are in decline, another reason that if they honestly believe this bullshit they should all be eating fruit and vegetables now, and no fish either they are all dieing too.

Though good luck on them affording any corn.

so youre saying cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens are soon to go extinct?

so youre saying cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens are soon to go extinct?

Actually if the price of Corn continues to climb all the owners of those animals in large numbers have said they will have no choice but to cut their herds, flocks stys, what ever you want to call them.

So actually the domestic herds in the US ARE in danger due to corn being gobbled up for alternate fuel sources. Which will of course result in less available and even HIGHER prices for the meat.

Actually if the price of Corn continues to climb all the owners of those animals in large numbers have said they will have no choice but to cut their herds, flocks stys, what ever you want to call them.

So actually the domestic herds in the US ARE in danger due to corn being gobbled up for alternate fuel sources. Which will of course result in less available and even HIGHER prices for the meat.

and that will make cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens go extict. gotcha

and that will make cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens go extict. gotcha

Keep trying to twist, THE link claims that 1 in 4 mammals will go extinct and SOON. It further claims that 1 in 2 mammals are in decline.

I didn't make it up, they did, err I mean discovered it.

Keep trying to twist, THE link claims that 1 in 4 mammals will go extinct and SOON. It further claims that 1 in 2 mammals are in decline.

I didn't make it up, they did, err I mean discovered it.

yeah, 1 in 4 species of mammels. you are trying to twist that to say that our cattle will go extinct. a rediculous claim considering the massive populations of cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs. do you think that the common housecat will soon go extinct? how about golden retrievers? goldfish? yeah, theyre endangered too

yeah, 1 in 4 species of mammels. you are trying to twist that to say that our cattle will go extinct. a rediculous claim considering the massive populations of cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs. do you think that the common housecat will soon go extinct? how about golden retrievers? goldfish? yeah, theyre endangered too

NO, YOU are trying to twist it into that so as to discredit the fact I posted the link. The link is clear. I did not create it, nor fund it nor participate on it. But hey keep trying.

NO, YOU are trying to twist it into that so as to discredit the fact I posted the link. The link is clear. I did not create it, nor fund it nor participate on it. But hey keep trying.

you seem to be having trouble compehending this. your link said that 1 in 4 species of mammals may go extinct. you then made a statement about how the scientists should be vegetarians to save animals. ive been trying to make you realize that the article says nothing about our meat sources going extinct (cows, sheep, pigs, chicken). so therefore your vegetarian statement was pretty stupid. get it?

you seem to be having trouble compehending this. your link said that 1 in 4 species of mammals may go extinct. you then made a statement about how the scientists should be vegetarians to save animals. ive been trying to make you realize that the article says nothing about our meat sources going extinct (cows, sheep, pigs, chicken). so therefore your vegetarian statement was pretty stupid. get it?

No, you don't get it, if HALF of all mammals are in decline and 1/4 will die soon completely then these Scientists should stop being part of the problem. Or they should quite creating non existant problems out of their ass.

What ten years ago we were assured that global warming would kill MILLIONS of species by now and that by 2020 we would be on a barren rock with no plants or animals at all. This is just a more refined scare tactic, one they can hedge on when it doesn't come true.

No, you don't get it, if HALF of all mammals are in decline and 1/4 will die soon completely then these Scientists should stop being part of the problem. Or they should quite creating non existant problems out of their ass.

What ten years ago we were assured that global warming would kill MILLIONS of species by now and that by 2020 we would be on a barren rock with no plants or animals at all. This is just a more refined scare tactic, one they can hedge on when it doesn't come true.

and theyre part of the problem because many of them probably eat meat? and consuming cows is killing gorillas and whales?

i dont think you understand the difference between humans' domesticated animals intended for consumption and the species in the wild which your article refers to. but whatever, i know you hate scientists for saying anything you dont like

Simple Facts:

Species go extinct because of natural selection, the scientists report the fact but the media and environmentalist extremists twist these facts to make it sound worse that they are, NOT the scientists. For example, 'smoking cigarettes could be responsible for 5 million getting sick' has now turned into 'smoking kills 5 millions people per year'.

The problem with animals going extinct isn't that they are going extinct it's that due to the space humans are taking up there isn't enough room for new species to evolve as quickly to replace the extinct ones. So again, the whole issue falls back to the over-population problem which humans who want to act more like animals and fuck 24/7 do not wish to acknowledge because they lack the simple self control required to avoid breeding too much.

Bovine, cattle, are an artificial species, bred by humans a long time ago to suite our food needs, pigs as well. They may some day be replaced but as long as humans continue to breed them they will never go extinct. Only problem is, cattle take up a lot of space to. So for a herd to be a viable food source you are creating ANOTHER overpopulation problem and taking up even more space thus pushing all the natural species away.

Lastly, the problem is not Earth's problem. Nature will continue looooong after we are gone. New animals will evolve to take our places and as long as at least one germ exists not to mention the millions of insect species that can evolve to who knows what, nature will repair any damage we can do. However, the repairs will not be made until after we are driven extinct if we do not slow our breeding. Our dependence on nature will result in our driving ourselves extinct before this damage will be repaired.

Some really good points, Kitten. And climate changes and such are cyclical. But remember that we also harm the environment in more ways than crowding, overly selective usage of food sources, etc. Chemicals and processes that simply don't occur in nature are harming the earth's long-standing ability to heal itself in a timely manner. That there are very measurable changes to the ice caps is a scientific fact. Has it happened in the past? Yes, but not at the rate it's happening now since history began being reported by us. It's our sixes that are causing a natural process to speed up, and if we don't rein ourselves in in many ways, it's our sixes that are in danger of being purged by the system.

Regardless of whether one believes in a a scientifically- or spiritually-based existence, I find it difficult to understand how anyone on either side can be so glib about it. To think we can trash our own house and not be made sick by living in the mess - and not try to clean it up or stop trashing it - is simply :cuckoo: to me. One the scientific side, one doesn't keep contaminating the work field and expect your results to be unaffected. On the spiritual side, it boils down to good stewardship.

Except these scientist ARE part of the problem. They exagerate and out right lie and claim it is science all for political purposes. There is little danger that millions of mammals are suddenly going to go extinct as this report leads one to believe. Or as the previous environmental whack jobs have claimed.

As for cleaning up our mess, WE ARE. And last I checked we had everyone whining that we were trying to help CHINA and the developing nations use CLEANER power sources. I guess you missed the thread where everyone demanded we stop trying to give china a nudge to use CLEANER coal burning plants, and why? Why cause they are China. The consensus being we shouldn't help them at all even though THEIR pollution reaches our west coast and pollutes OUR country.

The argument that we are not working to clean our environment up is a LIE. We have steadly, since the 60's worked on better and more effective means to clean our power and industry up. The environmental whackos want us to quit being a technological society in a pipe dream about how this will save the planet. They ACTIVELY oppose cleaner technology using as an argument that it just encourages us to pollute.

GLOBAL warming has been blamed for dramatic declines in seabird populations on the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding waters.

Tens of thousands of seabirds are failing to breed because warmer water from more frequent and intense El Nino events means there is insufficient food to raise their young, according to research compiled by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.

Warm water near the surface forces fish, plankton and other prey into deeper water, where it cannot be reached by seabirds.

More at link - Warmer water devastates Great Barrier Reef's seabirds | The Australian

Could humans be one of those mammals? We could be in decline and be to ignorant to know it.

Here is the reality. Global warming is real, and caused primarily by the burning of fossil fuels. This is causing changes in climate in many areas, and acidification of the sea that is already affecting the very base of the food chain in the sea. Between the changes of ecology caused by climate change, and the encrouchment of mankind on all the niches that the various animals inhabit, we are seeing the beginning of a great extinction.

There have been periods in geological history where geological events created a massive and sudden increase in greenhouse gases. These periods include the greatest extinction period of all, the Permian-Triassic extinction. Nearly 95% of all species that existed at that time went extinct in a period estimated to have lasted only 8000 years. We have increased the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere by nearly 40% in a matter of only 150 years. In the last 35 years, we have seen a marked increase in the temperatures of the polar regions. These areas contain massive resevours of CH4 and CO2 in the soil and perma-frost. The feedbacks that we are already seeing will reach a tipping point where we will no longer be able to put the genie back into the bottle. If that happens, most of the human population will die.

Forum List

Back