Another Safe Haven For Illegals

That is better. Well done.

First, I have no outrage.

Second, by far, the primary motivation for illegals coming to the US is the availability of employment. If there is employment, they will come in large numbers. If there is no chance for employment, they will scarcely come at all. I think nearly everyone agrees with that.

So, in light of the availability of employment, I don't think that allowing illegals to get library cards or open bank accounts will affect overall immigration at all. What it may do is allow illegals to at least put their money somewhere safe, and in turn, raise the average savings rate of US residents (legal or illegal, it doesn't matter for this purpose), which is an economic good. Apparently, some believe (such as the group at Yale which proposed this idea) it will also reduce crime. (Yale by the way is a pretty good school). That is pretty good too.

Instead of employment they can now get free government services from liberal run cities

Why work then?

Instead of employment they can now get free government services from liberal run cities

Why work then?

Are you really interested in discussing the article that you posted, or do you just want a forum to yell about liberals, even if it has nothing to do with your article? Just let me know. Because if you don't want to talk about the article, you shouldn't have fooled me by posting it.

Did you forget that we are talking about a library card and the ability to open a bank account here? I think that I am right that neither of these really takes the place of a job.

Are you really interested in discussing the article that you posted, or do you just want a forum to yell about liberals, even if it has nothing to do with your article? Just let me know. Because if you don't want to talk about the article, you shouldn't have fooled me by posting it.

Did you forget that we are talking about a library card and the ability to open a bank account here? I think that I am right that neither of these really takes the place of a job.

It will only be the beginning. With any liberal idea it will expand to include more government services

From page 2 of the link

Maybe New Haven needs to learn, if they want the illegals, then they'll get the illegals," he said.

His flier, in English and Spanish, says: "Come to New Haven CT for sanctuary. Bring your friends and family members quickly."

Officials in several cities including New York and San Francisco have expressed interest in possibly starting similar programs, said Miss Matos at Junta for Progressive Action.

It will only be the beginning. With any liberal idea it will expand to include more government services

From page 2 of the link

Maybe New Haven needs to learn, if they want the illegals, then they'll get the illegals," he said.

His flier, in English and Spanish, says: "Come to New Haven CT for sanctuary. Bring your friends and family members quickly."

Officials in several cities including New York and San Francisco have expressed interest in possibly starting similar programs, said Miss Matos at Junta for Progressive Action.

The quote if from an anti-immigration guy in New Haven, and I give no more credence to his opinion than I would yours (I don't mean that as an insult by the way), as you are here to make the case yourself.

As I have already explained why I don't think this program is a bad idea, I have no problem with other municipalities adopting the same program.

Instead of discussing what you hypothesize this might lead to (based on you poor opinion of liberals), why don't we actually discuss the program at hand? You posted the article, so I thought that is what you wanted to do.

The quote if from an anti-immigration guy in New Haven, and I give no more credence to his opinion than I would yours (I don't mean that as an insult by the way), as you are here to make the case yourself.

As I have already explained why I don't think this program is a bad idea, I have no problem with other municipalities adopting the same program.

Instead of discussing what you hypothesize this might lead to (based on you poor opinion of liberals), why don't we actually discuss the program at hand? You posted the article, so I thought that is what you wanted to do.

Are you going to deny that liberal handouts stop with the first round of handouts?

They grow and grow everytime

Are you going to deny that liberal handouts stop with the first round of handouts?

They grow and grow everytime

Okay. It is really simple. You posted the article, so I thought you wanted to discuss it. I thought it was an interesting article, so I posted on the thread.

If you don't want to discuss the article, but just want to pontificate about "liberal handouts," why don't you start another thread titled "liberal handouts" that I won't participate in?

As this article has nothing to do with handouts, I didn't suspect (foolishly, I know) that this was your purpose. I actually thought you wanted to discuss the article (foolish, I know).

So, do you have anything you would like to say about the New Haven plan (which I am happy to discuss), or do you just want to masturbate?

Okay. It is really simple. You posted the article, so I thought you wanted to discuss it. I thought it was an interesting article, so I posted on the thread.

If you don't want to discuss the article, but just want to pontificate about "liberal handouts," why don't you start another thread titled "liberal handouts" that I won't participate in?

As this article has nothing to do with handouts, I didn't suspect (foolishly, I know) that this was your purpose. I actually thought you wanted to discuss the article (foolish, I know).

So, do you have anything you would like to say about the New Haven plan (which I am happy to discuss), or do you just want to masturbate?

In other safe havens, illegals get many services that only US citizens are to get

What makes you think New Haven will stop with what they have now?

The point is, more illegals wil pour into New Haven and the taxpayers will be stuck with an ever increasing bill to pay

In other safe havens, illegals get many services that only US citizens are to get

What makes you think New Haven will stop with what they have now?

The point is, more illegals wil pour into New Haven and the taxpayers will be stuck with an ever increasing bill to pay

That is better.

Why do I think that New Haven will stop at the programs discussed in the article? I don't. I have no idea what New Haven will do next month, or next year, or in the next decade. However, that is for the people of New Haven to decide.

Do I think that more illegal aliens will go to New Haven because of this? I don't know. It is possible, but I doubt they will stay there. I can see them travelling to New Haven to open bank accounts, but if the jobs aren't in New Haven, the illegal aliens will not be either. Illegal immigration flocks to sources of employment.

In any event, if there are any negative ramifications from this proposal, the residents of New Haven will shortly find out, and they can always change the law if they wish.

That is better.

Why do I think that New Haven will stop at the programs discussed in the article? I don't. I have no idea what New Haven will do next month, or next year, or in the next decade. However, that is for the people of New Haven to decide.

Do I think that more illegal aliens will go to New Haven because of this? I don't know. It is possible, but I doubt they will stay there. I can see them travelling to New Haven to open bank accounts, but if the jobs aren't in New Haven, the illegal aliens will not be either. Illegal immigration flocks to sources of employment.

In any event, if there are any negative ramifications from this proposal, the residents of New Haven will shortly find out, and they can always change the law if they wish.

the point is, they will not need jobs. Like in other cities where illegals are invited - the left will start granting them all the services once intended for US citizens

It is happening in other cities - it will happen here

the point is, they will not need jobs. Like in other cities where illegals are invited - the left will start granting them all the services once intended for US citizens

It is happening in other cities - it will happen here

I guess that is your opinion, although how you know so much about the attitudes of the residents of New Haven is beyond me.

It is clear you do not want to talk about the New Haven program. What you want is a platform to yell about liberals. I have no desire to deprive you of your little joys. I like you too much RSR.

You may use the rest of the thread to whatever purpose you desire.

Hugs and Kisses,
ReillyT

I guess that is your opinion, although how you know so much about the attitudes of the residents of New Haven is beyond me.

It is clear you do not want to talk about the New Haven program. What you want is a platform to yell about liberals. I have no desire to deprive you of your little joys. I like you too much RSR.

You may use the rest of the thread to whatever purpose you desire.

Hugs and Kisses,
ReillyT

The attirude of the left is funny

What is happening is other liberal havens is starting in New Haven - and you dismiss it

Typical

Public municipal services are intended for whomever the municipality says the services are intended for. That is state and local government at work. You obviously disagree with this, but you are not a resident of that municipality. Leave to the voters who are affected to address the issue in the democratic manner, if they so desire.

#1) Lets look at the bigger picture.. THEY BROKE A FEDERAL LAW COMING HERE ILLEGALLY. PERIOD END OF STORY THEY SHOULD GET NO SUPPORT AT ALL.
#2) I believe that federal laws supercede a states or cities or county or whatever. Therefore refer back to #1.
#3) They should be branded like cattle and deported. So when they are caught again we can enact tougher punishments than the first time.

#1) Lets look at the bigger picture.. THEY BROKE A FEDERAL LAW COMING HERE ILLEGALLY. PERIOD END OF STORY THEY SHOULD GET NO SUPPORT AT ALL.

That is not for you to decide. In this case, it was for the people of New Haven to decide, and they disagree with you. This is an example of local government at work, deciding issues for themselves without the interference of the federal government. I thought that this is what Republicans believed in.

#2) I believe that federal laws supercede a states or cities or county or whatever. Therefore refer back to #1.

You believe. What the hell is that good for? The interplay of federal and state/local laws is an issue that has come up before - actually all the time. While it is nice to hear what you believe, it is even better to know the reality.

Our federal government is one of enumerated powers. Essentially, it may only act in areas where the Constitution has granted it authority, although that authority has broadened in the last 100 years through the Commerce Clause (something conservatives lament). In areas in which the US government has authority, its laws do preempt those of state and local governments. However, in this case, the ID card is being made available by New Haven to all New Haven residents. If you truly believe that the federal government should have the authority to determine to whom and in what manner New Haven issues ID cards, you would be advocating the greatest expansion of federal power since.... ever. You would be eviscerating the very notion of federalism. Way to go Sherlock.

#3) They should be branded like cattle and deported. So when they are caught again we can enact tougher punishments than the first time.

I am not surprised. You are truly an awful human being.

That is not for you to decide. In this case, it was for the people of New Haven to decide, and they disagree with you. This is an example of local government at work, deciding issues for themselves without the interference of the federal government. I thought that this is what Republicans believed in.

You believe. What the hell is that good for? The interplay of federal and state/local laws is an issue that has come up before - actually all the time. While it is nice to hear what you believe, it is even better to know the reality.

Our federal government is one of enumerated powers. Essentially, it may only act in areas where the Constitution has granted it authority, although that authority has broadened in the last 100 years through the Commerce Clause (something conservatives lament). In areas in which the US government has authority, its laws do preempt those of state and local governments. However, in this case, the ID card is being made available by New Haven to all New Haven residents. If you truly believe that the federal government should have the authority to determine to whom and in what manner New Haven issues ID cards, you would be advocating the greatest expansion of federal power since.... ever. You would be eviscerating the very notion of federalism. Way to go Sherlock.

I am not surprised. You are truly an awful human being.

Libs are ready to welcome the illegals with open arms - and the open wallets of the taxpayers

Forum List

Back