Another right-wing group investigated by the FBI

You do realize that anarchists are not right, nor are they left, Vast. When it comes to these types of groups, they are unique unto themselves.
Just like Nazi's are not a fringe left group, nor are the Aryan Nation a fringe right group.
Try looking at each party as in a full circle and not a not a straight left and right side.

Anarchist was my term. I used it because the main intent of these folks seems to be the dismantling of the government.

Extreme Libertarians, which is what this group appears to be, are Anarchists.

I'm not saying all Libertarians are Anarchists, but people who take it to the extreme most certainly are.

Though, I have to say, their message does not seem to indicate violence in any way...
Again, I say it's not a right wing, nor a left wing issue. These groups are unique unto themsleve. No republican nor would any democrat condone these types of groups. Yet, here you are placing blame.

I am not. "Right-wing" is not the same as "Republican".

Just like Communist party members are not Democrats, these folks can be simultaneously right-wing and not part of any other organized right-wing group. Get it?

They're anarchists.
Probably more closely associated with the left than right, but the journalistic pieces say they don't have a party affiliation at all.

From their web site, I'd say they are extremist anti-government Libertarians, thus my use of the term "Anarchist".

They sound like kooks. Is that illegal? No, but who knows. I'd like to see how they worded the "threats".

They sound like kooks. Is that illegal? No, but who knows. I'd like to see how they worded the "threats".

I'm not making any judgements, just reporting the news.

They could be some perfectly reasonable people for all I know.

I believe it was the Governor of Virginia that first reported the letters to the media. He's a Republican I believe.

fffffrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaakkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyy

I just like saying that this week.

Anarchist was my term. I used it because the main intent of these folks seems to be the dismantling of the government.

Extreme Libertarians, which is what this group appears to be, are Anarchists.

I'm not saying all Libertarians are Anarchists, but people who take it to the extreme most certainly are.

Though, I have to say, their message does not seem to indicate violence in any way...
Again, I say it's not a right wing, nor a left wing issue. These groups are unique unto themsleve. No republican nor would any democrat condone these types of groups. Yet, here you are placing blame.

I am not. "Right-wing" is not the same as "Republican".

Just like Communist party members are not Democrats, these folks can be simultaneously right-wing and not part of any other organized right-wing group. Get it?

THEY are not right wing, that is my point. They are a group UNIQUE to themselves.
Republicans are right wing, Vast....connect your dots, OK?
Damn, own up to your own words....you started the thread.

They're not either wing, it sounds like.

But I had a client yesterday that made them look like Sane Sallies....

The "Guardians of the Free Republics", an anarchist group has apparently made threats against 30 of the 50 Governors.

The FBI is investigating.

Virginia Politics Blog - McDonnell, other governors receive letter threatening 'removal' if they don't resign

Guardians of the free Republics: Could threats spark violence? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Here is the group's web site:

Guardians of the Free Republics

Interesting stuff.

Would be more interesting to see them actually investigate some left wing nutball groups.

The "Guardians of the Free Republics", an anarchist group has apparently made threats against 30 of the 50 Governors.

The FBI is investigating.

Virginia Politics Blog - McDonnell, other governors receive letter threatening 'removal' if they don't resign

Guardians of the free Republics: Could threats spark violence? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Here is the group's web site:

Guardians of the Free Republics

Interesting stuff.

Would be more interesting to see them actually investigate some left wing nutball groups.
Like which one?

obama's buddy will ayers wished he had thought of this, but those pesky bombs...ah, he wished he had done more....

Or publicize the Muslim groups that have been investigated.

You clearly don't understand, Allie. Let me clarify for you:

Muslim extremists - not representative of all Muslims. Most Muslims are nice.

Right wing extremists - CLEARLY ALL RIGHT WINGERS ARE GUN TOTIN' BILBE THUMPIN' WHACKJOBS WHO BELONG IN GITMO! WE ALL WANT TO KILL THE POTUS - AND ALL THE DEMOCRATS - AND EVERYBODY WHO DISAGREES WITH US!!!!!!

Does that help?

Or publicize the Muslim groups that have been investigated.

You clearly don't understand, Allie. Let me clarify for you:

Muslim extremists - not representative of all Muslims. Most Muslims are nice.

Right wing extremists - CLEARLY ALL RIGHT WINGERS ARE GUN TOTIN' BILBE THUMPIN' WHACKJOBS WHO BELONG IN GITMO! WE ALL WANT TO KILL THE POTUS - AND ALL THE DEMOCRATS - AND EVERYBODY WHO DISAGREES WITH US!!!!!!

Does that help?
" CLEARLY ALL RIGHT WINGERS ARE GUN TOTIN' BILBE THUMPIN' WHACKJOBS"
This fits a lot of the ones around here, and as for wackjobs, well I wouldn't say all of them. :tongue:

Ahh, here's more information:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/03/us/03threat.html

Governors Receive Threats From Extremist Group

WASHINGTON — Governors across the country said Friday that they had received letters from an extremist group warning that that they might be forcibly removed from office if they did not step down within three days.

Officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security confirmed that they had sent out an intelligence note with information about potential threats made to governors by a group calling itself Guardians of the Free Republics.

The note was sent to state law enforcement officials in the last few days.

And you'll notice that as biased as some of you think the Times is, the headline is very neutral.

Forum List

Back