Another Rick Perry lie debunked

You saw the video convict, Obama didn't call Americans lazy.

Then who is the "we've" in "we've become a little bit lazy"?

"We've" as in government and corporate officers and as in attracting foreign investment.

So you think government isn't lazy? Could be.

The fact that the punditocracy could could spin this little statement into produced outrage is a bellweather for just how stupid this election season is going to be.

Not sure you should be linking this Flaylo. Your political masters over at Daily Kos are not happy with Politifact.

Daily Kos: Another loser from PolitiFact: Joe Biden accurately citing accurate crime stats = 'Mostly True'

Politifact pisses off people on both sides, so they must be doing SOMETHING right.

Dailykos is very left leaning, what do yoyu expect? At least you dumbasses can't say Politifact is a pro left wing nut site.

And so are you. I'm suprised you are bucking the party line, comrade.

So politifact got this right? I mean, you deem them credible right?

Politifact just lost all credibility. I heard Obama say we've (Americans) become a little bit lazy.

He's also said that we were soft and arrogant. He refers to Americans that oppose his policies as "the enemy". He's called the Tea Party Patriots "teabaggers" (a derogatory term with sexual connotations.)

He called Pennsylvanians bitter and said that they are antipathethic to people who aren’t like them and they're anti-immigrant.

Obama is the most divisive President and by far the worst in this nations's history!

Since you most likely are getting your news from some taking head who has selectively edited the quote, let's just look at the full thing for context shall we?

MR. McNERNEY: I think one related question, looking at the world from the Chinese side, is what they would characterize as impediments to investment in the United States. And so that discussion I’m sure will be part of whatever dialogue you have. And so how are you thinking about that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, this is an issue, generally. I think it’s important to remember that the United States is still the largest recipient of foreign investment in the world. And there are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity -- our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture.

But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. And so one of things that my administration has done is set up something called SelectUSA that organizes all the government agencies to work with state and local governments where they’re seeking assistance from us, to go out there and make it easier for foreign investors to build a plant in the United States and put outstanding U.S. workers back to work in the United States of America.

And we think that we can do much better than we’re doing right now. Because of our federalist system, sometimes a foreign investor comes in and they’ve got to navigate not only federal rules, but they’ve also got to navigate state and local governments that may have their own sets of interests. Being able to create if not a one-stop shop, then at least no more than a couple of stops for people to be able to come into the United States and make investments, that’s something that we want to encourage.

Remarks by President Obama at APEC CEO Business Summit Q&A | The White House

So, unless you are in a position to attract foreign investment into this country, Obama wasn't talking about you. In fact, I take his comments to be directed towards the government. His comments about "selling America" are spot on.

So, you guys can drop the feaux outrage. You know damn well he wasn't calling Americans lazy.

Perry knows it too. This add will be yet another example of Perry stepping in crap. The guy really is a moron.

Are you that stupid?

Who the fuck do you think runs our government? AMERICANS!!

The company I work for does business all over the world. So yes, we are in a position to attract foreign investors.

Not sure you should be linking this Flaylo. Your political masters over at Daily Kos are not happy with Politifact.

Daily Kos: Another loser from PolitiFact: Joe Biden accurately citing accurate crime stats = 'Mostly True'

Politifact pisses off people on both sides, so they must be doing SOMETHING right.

Dailykos is very left leaning, what do yoyu expect? At least you dumbasses can't say Politifact is a pro left wing nut site.

I'm not a lefty, I just don't like the right's bullshit.

Politifact just lost all credibility. I heard Obama say we've (Americans) become a little bit lazy.

He's also said that we were soft and arrogant. He refers to Americans that oppose his policies as "the enemy". He's called the Tea Party Patriots "teabaggers" (a derogatory term with sexual connotations.)

He called Pennsylvanians bitter and said that they are antipathethic to people who aren’t like them and they're anti-immigrant.

Obama is the most divisive President and by far the worst in this nations's history!

Since you most likely are getting your news from some taking head who has selectively edited the quote, let's just look at the full thing for context shall we?

MR. McNERNEY: I think one related question, looking at the world from the Chinese side, is what they would characterize as impediments to investment in the United States. And so that discussion I’m sure will be part of whatever dialogue you have. And so how are you thinking about that?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, this is an issue, generally. I think it’s important to remember that the United States is still the largest recipient of foreign investment in the world. And there are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity -- our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture.

But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. And so one of things that my administration has done is set up something called SelectUSA that organizes all the government agencies to work with state and local governments where they’re seeking assistance from us, to go out there and make it easier for foreign investors to build a plant in the United States and put outstanding U.S. workers back to work in the United States of America.

And we think that we can do much better than we’re doing right now. Because of our federalist system, sometimes a foreign investor comes in and they’ve got to navigate not only federal rules, but they’ve also got to navigate state and local governments that may have their own sets of interests. Being able to create if not a one-stop shop, then at least no more than a couple of stops for people to be able to come into the United States and make investments, that’s something that we want to encourage.

So, unless you are in a position to attract foreign investment into this country, Obama wasn't talking about you. In fact, I take his comments to be directed towards the government. His comments about "selling America" are spot on.

So, you guys can drop the feaux outrage. You know damn well he wasn't calling Americans lazy.

Perry knows it too. This add will be yet another example of Perry stepping in crap. The guy really is a moron.

Are you that stupid?

The company I work for does business all over the world. So yes, we are in a position to attract foreign investors.

You can't be this fucking stupid, the context says it all.

Are you that stupid?

You can't be this fucking stupid, the context says it all.

You and the people of your ilk are the stupid ones. You obviously don't think that our government and corporate officers are Americans.

Are you that stupid?

:lol:

It's okay. I wasn't expecting a shred of honesty from you. Go back to your outrage corner.

Honesty is all you'll ever get from me you partisan puke!!

Then who is the "we've" in "we've become a little bit lazy"?

"We've" as in government and corporate officers and as in attracting foreign investment.

So you think government isn't lazy? Could be.

"government and corporate officers" = Americans

Grasping-at-Straws.jpg

Are you that stupid?

:lol:

It's okay. I wasn't expecting a shred of honesty from you. Go back to your outrage corner.

Honesty is all you'll ever get from me you partisan puke!!

You wouldn't know "honesty" if it feel out of your vagina and made a mess on the floor.

Really? Why be ashamed of your political leanings? Or are you going with the standard "I'm a moderate, everyone to the right of me is a whackjob" story.

Why are lefties so afraid of admitting they are lefties?

Really? Why be ashamed of your political leanings? Or are you going with the standard "I'm a moderate, everyone to the right of me is a whackjob" story.

I used to be a leftwing troll, but not any longer. The left has been more truthful than the right overall.

I used to be a leftwing troll, but not any longer. The left has been more truthful than the right overall.

Used to be?

You still are!

lol, used to be.

Used to be?

You still are!

Name one far left position that I've taken. Supporting my CINC, the best president ever in the history of the US doesn't make me a far lefty since Obama isn't a far lefty.

Forum List

Back