Another rich guy tells Obama he can fly a private jet anytime he wants to

Too bad for your weak argument that Obama never proposed making it illegal to own or fly a private jet.

Again, who said that Obama proposed making it illegal to own or fly a private jet? Nobody did, so what weak argument are you referring to other than your own?

Stunning. Three Obamabots jump in and all three have to lie in order to defend his policies.

Then what's your point?

My point is you don't have one, other than the one on your head.

Then what's your point? The only thing relevant to this thread and Mr. Johnson's remarks is Obama wanting to end tax breaks for corporate jet owners. Since that's as close as Obama came to saying what you and Mr. Johnson think he said, that's all we have to work with. If you'd like to carry on an imagined controversy in your head, have at it. But Obama has in no way infringed upon anybody's right to own a private jet. Therefore, Mr. Johnson's remarks, and subsequently this thread, aren't based in reality. But hey, knock yourself out, kid. :lol::lol::lol:

Watch the video, he talks about not going after successful people simply because they have money.

Attacking me is not going to convince me that I should take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy. … I’ve tried poor and I’ve tried rich and I like rich better, doesn’t mean I’m a bad guy. … I didn’t go into business to create a public policy success for either party, Republican or Democrat. I went into business to create jobs, to create opportunity, to create value for myself and my investors.
The only thing in this thread relative to your brain is the period at the end of this sentence.

In other words, I owned you and all you have left are deflections and insults. You. Are. An. Idiot.

Quite possible, but I am at least rational, all you have are delusions.

Tax and Spending Issues
January 3, 2008

SUBSIDIES KEEP SMALL-AIRPORT FLIGHTS IN THE AIR
Each day, about 3,000 passengers enjoy mostly empty, heavily subsidized flights, financed by a 30-year-old program that requires the U.S. government to guarantee commercial air service to scores of small communities that can't support it themselves, says USA Today.

Consider:

The Department of Transportation (DOT) pays a few small airlines $110 million a year total so they can profitably carry as few as four passengers per day to nearby hubs, often for rock-bottom fares.
The flight subsidies were conceived in 1978 as a 10-year program to keep flights going to small communities while the newly deregulated industry found a way to serve them or dropped them.
The subsidies, which come from fees and taxes paid by passengers and airlines on non-subsidized flights, fill the gap between an airline's estimate of the flights and its estimate of passenger ticket revenue, plus a 5 percent add-on for airlines' profits.
Further, as Congress has escalated subsidies through the years, the program has increasingly paid for flights between major airports and places that are neither rural nor isolated:

Twenty-four communities with subsidized air service are within 90 miles of an airport that had at least 1 million passengers in 2006; those subsidies cost $22 million a year.
In Jackson, Tenn., just 85 miles from Memphis International Airport, the DOT has paid $906,000 a year for 12 round-trip flights a week to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
The flight takes about 1 1/2 hours; the same as driving from Jackson to the Memphis airport.
In Athens, Ga., DOT pays $1 million a year for 13 weekly round trips to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
In about 90 minutes, Athens residents could drive 82 miles to Atlanta's airport, the busiest in the world, with twice as many flights a day as Charlotte.

SUBSIDIES KEEP SMALL-AIRPORT FLIGHTS IN THE AIR

And this is just the subsidies to the airlines and does not include money spent on the operation and enhancement of small airports.

Who is supporting that in this thread?

The guy in the opening post article says he earned it all and yet undoubtably takes advantage of tax doillars spent on general aviation?

Those subsidies go commuter flights, not charters.

Robert Johnson, the founder of BET, tells Obama he earned the right to fly a private plane.

BET's Robert Johnson To Obama: Stop Attacking The Wealthy | RealClearPolitics

"You know, I grew up in a family of 10 kids, first one to go to college, and I've earned my success. I've earned my right to fly private if I choose to do so."

I'm sure you and Johnson will be relieved to know that no one, not even Obama, is trying to pass a law making it illegal to fly private.

lol..he's acting like people who fly private jets are stealing from poor young kids looking to go to college, babies who need milk, and old people that are dying of cancer.

The POTUS creating a false narrative, yeah you're right, no biggie lol.

Again, who said that Obama proposed making it illegal to own or fly a private jet? Nobody did, so what weak argument are you referring to other than your own?

Stunning. Three Obamabots jump in and all three have to lie in order to defend his policies.

Then what's your point?

My point is you don't have one, other than the one on your head.

:lol::lol::lol: In other words, I owned you. Why didn't you just say so? Moron.

Watch the video, he talks about not going after successful people simply because they have money.

The only thing in this thread relative to your brain is the period at the end of this sentence.

In other words, I owned you and all you have left are deflections and insults. You. Are. An. Idiot.

Quite possible, but I am at least rational, all you have are delusions.

Is that what you call rational? Pretending that Obama wants to keep anybody from owning a private jet? :lol::lol::lol: Talk about delusions.

Forum List

Back