Another Republican to retire

Let me know which party you're more concerned for after Tuesday's election in MA. You remember MA, thats where the dems have a 5:1 voter registration edge.

I believe thats 10 13 republican over dems...

yet somehow the 10 dems leaving is HUGE to the republicans....

Let me know which party you're more concerned for after Tuesday's election in MA. You remember MA, thats where the dems have a 5:1 voter registration edge.

I'm not concerned with either party, to tell you the truth. Both have left me disappointed and disillusioned. I have been a registered Republican my whole life, but for the last fifteen or twenty years now that has been for the sake of primaries more than anything else. I have cast my votes for people of many different political ideologies.

That being said, I do like Scott Brown and hope he can pull out the win. Even if he doesn't, I think what's happening in Massachusetts is good.

I believe thats 10 13 republican over dems...

Meh, I've lost track.

yet somehow the 10 dems leaving is HUGE to the republicans....

Perhaps the districts the Dems are vacating are more vulnerable to a shake up than the Repub. districts? Just a thought, I really don't know.

Though I do think there is as underlying idea that the Deomcrat candidates are bailing on Obama more than retiring.

For those of you keeping score, I do believe that makes seven Republicans and two Democrats who have decided not to seek re-election this year. This tally represents the federal level, not state or local.

Arizona Republican announces retirement from Congress

The GOP and right wing Spin Machine (Fox, Rush, etc...) will be able to explain how this is really a good thing, because now real conservatives can run as Republicans.

too funny

let em all retire and lets start from scratch.

Naw, I like candidates with seniority and experience.

I know you are old and tired, but leaving the door to the store open to Lobbyists and unelected staff is stupid.

term limits and old, tired attitudes would throw out those who can be held accountable. Unelected Staff and Lobbyists are not easily held accountable by voters.

It's big because one of the Dems that's responsible for the financial crisis is leaving.

The GOP seeded the beast that grew into this crisis.

It started with Ronald Reagan and his silly trickle down VooDoo Economics. It ended with the GOP Congress led by Newt and Delay. Bush sat in on it.

The Democrats came in late 2006 and 2008 and they will do what they always do...clean up after the elephant who shits all over America...the GOP.

Well for all those who didnt happen to notice that was John Shadegg from the 3rd district which a democrat would be very hard pressed to win. So a retirement here has little or no impact on that seat.

Forum List

Back