Another Republican involved in a sex scandal. Elliot Spitzer.

There is evidence. He sent emails, left voice messages and there are eye-witnesses.

RGS, you need to stop towing party lines and start evaluating information in an unbiased fashion.

I hate to be the one to breakl the news to you (okay, that was a lie...I love being the one to say it) but Republicans are corrupt, they break laws, they lie, they cheat, they steal.

Why do you waste your time defending them?

Then why do you waste time defending the democrats?

And you have proof that Foley EVER did that?

Do you have proof that Spitzer ever hired a prostitute?

By the way...you ever read the IMs that Foley sent to 16 year old boys?

why SPitzer thought he could just weather the storm.

Which is why he just isn't considering resigning at all, right?

Oh wait, he just resigned.

http://www.wnbc.com/politics/15572743/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Remind us again how he stole all that money and wasn't even considering resigning?

Just with retards.

And again you have no proof of any of your contentions. The LAW is specific about who is covert and who is NOT. She did not meet, NOR in fact did the CIA or anyone else prove she did, the criteria. Further Libby was illegally prosecuted. READ the law, it is illegal to base an investigation on nothing more than proving Perjury. Something he did not do to begin with.

Remind us how Armitage, you know the guy that ACTUALLY outed Plame, got prosecuted for the supposed crime you claim Libby committed. Armitage was known to be the source for the ENTIRE time Libby was investigated, proving yet again he was set up over 2 years for a Perjury charge, which again is AGAINST the law.

Republicans routinely police their own, that would be why Republicans almost always resign when caught doing shady things, as opposed to people Like Clinton that used his office to molest women and lied to a Judge under oath about it and why SPitzer thought he could just weather the storm.

It would be WHY not one important Democrat has said one thing about the scandal YET. No one demanding he resign or be impeached. Why only the minority Republicans have called for his impeachment and the press has pointed out it isn't likely with the majority democrats needed to vote for it.

Liberals are above the law, or at least they think they are.

By the way, whats your PROOF that Clinton molested women?

Such different standards you have for Republicans and Democrats. And yet you have the utter nerve to call out anyone else for hypocrisy and partisanship?

K...we'll throw everyone out of office who has ever broken the law. Got a parking ticket? Your out. Speed? Your out. Used Cocaine when you were a kid? Your out. DUI? Your out.

Yes, throw them out if they commit a crime while in office....where the hell are your standards man? Have you so bought into relativism that you stand for nothing? Traffic court is not the same as criminal court....and I also wouldn't want to elect someone who had a prior record unless perhaps it was a youthful indiscretion.

Prostitution is a crime prosecuted in criminal court. It is not anywhere near the same thing as a parking ticket. I'm especially amazed that jillian, our liberal wonder woman, would condone such behavior in an elected representative. Prostitution in large part is the abuse of women ...and typically involves drugs and many other crimes.

Yes, throw them out if they commit a crime while in office....where the hell are your standards man?

Thats moronic. You want to throw someone out because they speed?

Have you so bought into relativism that you stand for nothing?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Prostitution is a stupid crime, I don't mind people who engage in it. I stand for a lot of things, but I certainly don't stand for your asinine values.

Traffic court is not the same as criminal court....and I also wouldn't want to elect someone who had a prior record unless perhaps it was a youthful indiscretion.

Traffic court isn't the same as criminal court...my god man, are you so willing to buy into relativism that you stand for nothing? He committed a CRIME when he double parked!

Prostitution is a crime prosecuted in criminal court. It is not anywhere near the same thing as a parking ticket.

Soliciting a prostitute is a misdemeanor in NYS. In some states speeding is also a misdemeanor. They aren't that different.

I'm especially amazed that jillian, our liberal wonder woman, would condone such behavior in an elected representative. Prostitution in large part is the abuse of women ...and typically involves drugs and many other crimes.

This was a $1000+ hour call-girl...I doubt she was being abused much.

Tax Rebate

This morning President Bush said each one of us would get a $1200.00 tax rebate. It was previously slated to be $1400.00, but they dropped it to a $1200.00 tax rebate because of various budget problems.

Now, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China , if we spend it on computers, most of the money will go to Korea or India. If we spend it on gasoline, it will all go to the Arabs, and none of these scenarios will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America .....so the only way to keep that money here at home is to drink beer, gamble, or spend it on prostitution. Currently it seems that these are the only businesses still left in the U.S.

This message has been approved by N.Y. Governor Spitzer.

Tax Rebate

This morning President Bush said each one of us would get a $1200.00 tax rebate. It was previously slated to be $1400.00, but they dropped it to a $1200.00 tax rebate because of various budget problems.

Now, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China , if we spend it on computers, most of the money will go to Korea or India. If we spend it on gasoline, it will all go to the Arabs, and none of these scenarios will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America .....so the only way to keep that money here at home is to drink beer, gamble, or spend it on prostitution. Currently it seems that these are the only businesses still left in the U.S.

I plan on using it to pay some bills.

1 to 20 years is in the sentencing guidelines, the max is actually 50 years. But my guess is that they won't prosecute him.

I don't know. From what we are hearing Elliot may have been an IDIOT to so many people that anyone of his associates could have dropped a dime on him.. Needless to say, many of his "targets" of grand juries would have as well..

BUT,,, spending that kind of ching on an orgasm???? Even if it was GREAT sex,,, nope.. Money like that could be better spent on other things.. Travel, wine coolers, pizza, gas, motorcycles, etc....:eusa_wall:

He helped to bag himself with enforcement of the bank activity notification rules.. But even a putz like him,, does he need to get his ass kicked further??? I don't feel like it is needed.. His wife is going to probably put him through hell again. She has a right to if she has been an honest, and good wife.. Not knowing both sides of the story you wonder.. Take Slick Willy.. Who would want to sleep with Hillary??? When he got caught with his weasal making the rounds,,, even though I would never vote for him,, I could sort of feel sorry for him a bit...

Do you have proof that Spitzer ever hired a prostitute?

By the way...you ever read the IMs that Foley sent to 16 year old boys?

Which is why he just isn't considering resigning at all, right?

Oh wait, he just resigned.

http://www.wnbc.com/politics/15572743/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Remind us again how he stole all that money and wasn't even considering resigning?

He did not resign because of any pressure from his own party. And he was considering not resigning according to at least two linked stories IN this thread.

He did not resign because of any pressure from his own party. And he was considering not resigning according to at least two linked stories IN this thread.

On March 10, 2008, The New York Times reported that Spitzer had previously patronized a high priced prostitution service. In the wake of the revelations, Spitzer announced on March 12 that he will resign his post as Governor effective March 17, amid threats of his impeachment by state lawmakers.

It took him two days in which to make up his mind and make an announcement. That seems to be adequate time. How long did it take Larry Craig to decide and give us a definitive date as to when he would resign?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/03/11/2008-03-11_gop_fellow_democrats_mount_pressure_on_g.html

The official Democratic line was to give Spitzer time to decide.

Assembly Republican leader James Tedisco warned that if Spitzer did not resign within 48 hours, he would call for impeachment.

While Republicans seemed to be desperately salivating at the fresh meet, it seems like Democrats for the most part were letting events take their course. They were not chanting for his immediate resignation. Yet, neither were they circling the wagons.

Unless I see something new that changes my opinion about the Democrats’ and Republicans’ reaction to this even, I give the Democrats a tiny bit more character points for acting seemingly more cal cool and collected about the whole thing.

He cheated on his wife but engaging with a prostitute. He is resigning. End of story.

Tax Rebate

Not very well versed in the economics of retail are you? Exxon, an American company, makes no profits I guess.

Tax Rebate

Uh...instead of blaming Bush for everything why don't you think. The democrats in Congress had to pass the bill, right?

Forum List

Back