Another rep question

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I gave someone a neg rep and just noticed an answer saying -

I knock you back over a full rep point, and your response is negging me a pitiful -5?. That's like biting my toenail, chump.

Ignoring for the moment that this poster gives me neg reps for no reason except that I gave him one neg rep, and ignoring that this seems inordinately important to him, does what he says here mean that one can control the amount of a rep?

Do I understand correctly that, while I can turn off the little colored segments, I can't turn off the whole rep thing?

TIA

I knock you back over a full rep point, and your response is negging me a pitiful -5?. That's like biting my toenail, chump.

Ignoring for the moment that this poster gives me neg reps for no reason except that I gave him one neg rep, and ignoring that this seems inordinately important to him, does what he says here mean that one can control the amount of a rep?

Do I understand correctly that, while I can turn off the little colored segments, I can't turn off the whole rep thing?

TIA

What it means is if someone negs you more than -1000 points, you lose a rep point.

And yes, you can only turn off the pretty colored things, not your rep points.

TIA

What it means is if someone negs you more than -1000 points, you lose a rep point.

And that's why I refuse to neg rep someone until I am a power to be reckoned with....1,000,000 rep points should do it. :D

If your concerned with rep., you should consider the use of common courtesies..

TIA
Is that a rep comment or a PM responding to your rep?

If it's the latter, you might want to rethink that post (like ask a mod to delete it).

TIA

Thank you for the answer but I still don't know how its done.

I also don't think I would want to neg rep someone that many points - Or rather, it would take a lot for me to want to do that.

TIA

I also don't think I would want to neg rep someone that many points - Or rather, it would take a lot for me to want to do that.

You don't get to choose how many rep points someone would lose if you neg them. Your rep is 12 so a neg would be -6. Mine is 4070.... so its -2035. Basic math. Not hard.

You don't get to choose how many rep points someone would lose if you neg them. Your rep is 12 so a neg would be -6. Mine is 4070.... so its -2035. Basic math. Not hard.

You're right - not hard at all

IF

you know about it.

NOW

I know about it so, not hard at all.

Except ... does that also mean that a neg rep from you would knock me down to zero? or to a minus number?

Some of you have been posting at this board since Heck was a pup and so, you know how various things work. I'd bet you were not born knowing the answer to this question either. Its probably explained somewhere and I take full responsibility for not finding it.

As for the way it works, its obviously very unfair to newer posters. Especially, liberals since this board has many more rw's than libs. Its also good reason to ignore rep numbers because its just way too easy for posters who have been here longer to make it look very different from what it really is.

Thank you for the answer.

IF

you know about it.

NOW

Except ... does that also mean that a neg rep from you would knock me down to zero? or to a minus number?

Some of you have been posting at this board since Heck was a pup and so, you know how various things work. I'd bet you were not born knowing the answer to this question either. Its probably explained somewhere and I take full responsibility for not finding it.

As for the way it works, its obviously very unfair to newer posters. Especially, liberals since this board has many more rw's than libs. Its also good reason to ignore rep numbers because its just way too easy for posters who have been here longer to make it look very different from what it really is.

A neg rep from her right now would drop you down to 10 points.

Quit your whining.

IF

you know about it.

NOW

No, 1000 equates to one rep point. Therefore, I neg you down two (-2035 = -2 rep points for you). Would you like a demonstration? With a little effort, I can zero your rep in a couple of days.

Its true that I don't know if positive reps work in a similar fashion.

Anyone wanna make fun of that?

Forum List

Back