Another Reason...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...Not to allow the sale of U.S. port facilities to Dubai Ports World to go forward.

Starting on page 137 of the 9/11 Commission Report :

<blockquote>The Desert Camp, February 1999
Early in 1999, the CIA received reporting that Bin Ladin was spending much
of his time at one of several camps in the Afghan desert south of Kandahar.At
the beginning of February, Bin Ladin was reportedly located in the vicinity of
the Sheikh Ali camp, a desert hunting camp being used by visitors from a Gulf
state. Public sources have stated that these visitors were from the United Arab
Emirates.
Reporting from the CIA's assets provided a detailed description of the hunt-
ing camp, including its size, location, resources, and security, as well as of Bin
Ladin's smaller, adjacent camp. Because this was not in an urban area, mis-
siles launched against it would have less risk of causing collateral damage. On
February 8, the military began to ready itself for a possible strike.
The next
day, national technical intelligence confirmed the location and description of
the larger camp and showed the nearby presence of an official aircraft of the
United Arab Emirates. But the location of Bin Ladin's quarters could not be
pinned down so precisely. The CIA did its best to answer a host of questions
about the larger camp and its residents and about Bin Ladin's daily schedule
and routines to support military contingency planning. According to report-
ing from the tribals, Bin Ladin regularly went from his adjacent camp to the
larger camp where he visited the Emiratis; the tribals expected him to be at the hunting camp for such a visit at least until midmorning on February 11. </blockquote>

Do we really want the UAE, state-controlled DP World operating in U.S. ports when some of that nation's ruling elite have been so closely involved with Osama bin Laden? This whole incident shows just how empty all of Dubbyuh's talk on homeland security truly is.

I heard that Bush said, "any attempt to block this would be vetoed". Well that's just peachy.

At this point, seeing that he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS, (And the example pulit found is only one example. Hannity found some fifteen examples of this company's ties to terrorists.) and then include his PATHETIC, even TREASONOUS handling of illegal immigration, and I'd have to say I think Bush has turned into one stupid dissappointing sons a bitch. His damn term can't be up fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

Pale Rider said:
I heard that Bush said, "any attempt to block this would be vetoed". Well that's just peachy.

At this point, seeing that he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS, (And the example pulit found is only one example. Hannity found some fifteen examples of this company's ties to terrorists.) and then include his PATHETIC, even TREASONOUS handling of illegal immigration, and I'd have to say I think Bush has turned into one stupid dissappointing sons a bitch. His damn term can't be up fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS

Why do you insist on spreading lies?

Bullypulpit said:
...Not to allow the sale of U.S. port facilities to Dubai Ports World to go forward.

Starting on page 137 of the 9/11 Commission Report :

<blockquote>The Desert Camp, February 1999
Early in 1999, the CIA received reporting that Bin Ladin was spending much
of his time at one of several camps in the Afghan desert south of Kandahar.At
the beginning of February, Bin Ladin was reportedly located in the vicinity of
the Sheikh Ali camp, a desert hunting camp being used by visitors from a Gulf
state. Public sources have stated that these visitors were from the United Arab
Emirates.
Reporting from the CIA's assets provided a detailed description of the hunt-
ing camp, including its size, location, resources, and security, as well as of Bin
Ladin's smaller, adjacent camp. Because this was not in an urban area, mis-
siles launched against it would have less risk of causing collateral damage. On
February 8, the military began to ready itself for a possible strike.
The next
day, national technical intelligence confirmed the location and description of
the larger camp and showed the nearby presence of an official aircraft of the
United Arab Emirates. But the location of Bin Ladin's quarters could not be
pinned down so precisely. The CIA did its best to answer a host of questions
about the larger camp and its residents and about Bin Ladin's daily schedule
and routines to support military contingency planning. According to report-
ing from the tribals, Bin Ladin regularly went from his adjacent camp to the
larger camp where he visited the Emiratis; the tribals expected him to be at the hunting camp for such a visit at least until midmorning on February 11. </blockquote>

Do we really want the UAE, state-controlled DP World operating in U.S. ports when some of that nation's ruling elite have been so closely involved with Osama bin Laden? This whole incident shows just how empty all of Dubbyuh's talk on homeland security truly is.

this is the same cia that said there were WMD's .....you belive this but not that? ya can't prove either one is true or false

Pale Rider said:

ya go get em...GW should spend more time in the "Bucket" and the "Old Washoe" and "Sgt Majors Silver Dollar" saloons...maybe he would see what real America thinks of this BS! :cof:

archangel said:
ya go get em...GW should spend more time in the "Bucket" and the "Old Washoe" and "Sgt Majors Silver Dollar" saloons...maybe he would see what real America thinks of this BS! :cof:

Is that where the esteemed Hillary and Chuck get all there news? Ya--thier the ones who REALLY know whats going on---how does it feel being duped by the queen of BS?

dilloduck said:
Is that where the esteemed Hillary and Chuck get all there news? Ya--thier the ones who REALLY know whats going on---how does it feel being duped by the queen of BS?

where you are going with this diatribe...I for one can't stand Hillary or Chuck...
But alas...maybe y'all need a cold one to mellow out...and get your feet on solid ground once again...NO? :rotflmao:

archangel said:
where you are going with this diatribe...I for one can't stand Hillary or Chuck...
But alas...maybe y'all need a cold one to mellow out...and get your feet on solid ground once again...NO? :rotflmao:

simple--get all the facts before you start spouting out a bunch of nonsense and don't repeat lies over and over ad nauseum. You are the one floating in speculation and the same paranoia that the left is trying to instill on everyone.

archangel said:

Let me get this straight--you can't stand Hillary or Chuck but when they shout jump, you're up on a table? :teeth:

dilloduck said:
Let me get this straight--you can't stand Hillary or Chuck but when they shout jump, you're up on a table? :teeth:

I support Frist...he actually asked for my opinion...not his preference...still gotta problem?

archangel said:
I support Frist...he actually asked for my opinion...not his preference...still gotta problem?

no--I'm glad you came to your senses. I hope they all can prove to thier constituents that they are tough on national security. We sure don't want THIS presidents cabinet making important decisions like that. (in secret LOL)

dilloduck said:
no--I'm glad you came to your senses. I hope they all can prove to thier constituents that they are tough on national security. We sure don't want THIS presidents cabinet making important decisions like that. (in secret LOL)

Came to my senses?...I have been saying the same thing over and over...for over a year and a half in here!

archangel said:
Came to my senses?...I have been saying the same thing over and over...for over a year and a half in here!

ah so you think it's possible that when you get all the facts the deal with DPW might work out for the best?

dilloduck said:
ah so you think it's possible that when you get all the facts the deal with DPW might work out for the best?

Not saying that at all...I personally have no control over what the GW administration does...does not mean I support carte blanche their policies...I am but one man with one mans opinion...I gave my opinion in the negative to Senator Frist...thats about all one man can do...now run along in the blind forrest of towing the party line...I for one live high in the desert...not a strategic target for terrorist...have a nice sleep while you can! :cuckoo:

archangel said:
Not saying that at all...I personally have no control over what the GW administration does...does not mean I support carte blanche their policies...I am but one man with one mans opinion...I gave my opinion in the negative to Senator Frist...thats about all one man can do...now run along in the blind forrest of towing the party line...I for one live high in the desert...not a strategic target for terrorist...have a nice sleep while you can! :cuckoo:

I'm speaking of one issue and one issue only. You constant insinuation that I somehow support everything the GOP does is another piece of crap your can't back up with facts. Maybe you need to climb down from your "high desert" and get some oxygen to your brain.

dilloduck said:
I'm speaking of one issue and one issue only. You constant insinuation that I somehow support everything the GOP does is another piece of crap your can't back up with facts. Maybe you need to climb down from your "high desert" and get some oxygen to your brain.

sorry but my oxygen level is normal...so say my docs...however I addressed this issue directly with you, now you are backslidding...I stayed on topic and gave my opinons and facts..which you are guilty of avoiding, giving the same old tiring generalities...maybe you were promised a job in the soon to be rebuilt LA port..maybe with UAE or Saudi funds? Give me a break security is not your concern it appears...just your personal agenda maybe! If I am off here please enlighten me as to what exactly you do to support yourself! and how you draw from this experience to form your opinions! I am just curious as you seem to imply you have all the answers on this particular topic! :)

archangel said:
sorry but my oxygen level is normal...so say my docs...however I addressed this issue directly with you, now you are backslidding...I stayed on topic and gave my opinons and facts..which you are guilty of avoiding, giving the same old tiring generalities...maybe you were promised a job in the soon to be rebuilt LA port..maybe with UAE or Saudi funds? Give me a break security is not your concern it appears...just your personal agenda maybe! If I am off here please enlighten me as to what exactly you do to support yourself! and how you draw from this experience to form your opinions! I am just curious as you seem to imply you have all the answers on this particular topic! :)

I support re examining the issue. Now that it has been blown all out of proportion it needs to be examined rationally and so that people understand exactly what all is involved. My only answer has been to wait and get all the facts and I have tried to dispel outright lies that people are spreading in such a cavalier manner. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the panic and politics involved. Is asking for cooler heads to prevail and the examination of the facts too much to ask?

dilloduck said:
I support re examining the issue. Now that it has been blown all out of proportion it needs to be examined rationally and so that people understand exactly what all is involved. My only answer has been to wait and get all the facts and I have tried to dispel outright lies that people are spreading in such a cavalier manner. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the panic and politics involved. Is asking for cooler heads to prevail and the examination of the facts too much to ask?
Gee it sure seemed for the past 30 hours or so, you were just in favor of turning the ports over to the winning bid for the UK company.

manu1959 said:
this is the same cia that said there were WMD's .....you belive this but not that? ya can't prove either one is true or false

Actually, the intel was cherry picked and spun to remove any qualifiers which might cast doubt on the assertion that Iraq had WMD's

<center><h1><a href=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134625,00.html>Report: No Iraq WMDs Made After '91</a></h1></center>

<center><h1><a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/09/AR2006020902418.html>Ex-CIA Official Faults Use of Data on Iraq</a></h1></center>

Yes, it's the same CIA, but it wasn't the same intel.

dilloduck said:
he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS

Why do you insist on spreading lies?

Why do you insist on blanketing the whole thing by calling it all lies. This is the same tactic I see the libs using against Bush all the time. They say he's lying without giving one iota of proof. If you think these terrorist ties are somehow wrong, back it up with something a little stronger than "they're lies."

Forum List

Back