Another Reason...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    ...Not to allow the sale of U.S. port facilities to Dubai Ports World to go forward.

Starting on page 137 of the 9/11 Commission Report :

<blockquote>The Desert Camp, February 1999
    Early in 1999, the CIA received reporting that Bin Ladin was spending much
    of his time at one of several camps in the Afghan desert south of Kandahar.At
    the beginning of February, Bin Ladin was reportedly located in the vicinity of
    the Sheikh Ali camp, a desert hunting camp being used by visitors from a Gulf
    state. Public sources have stated that these visitors were from the United Arab
    Emirates.
    Reporting from the CIA's assets provided a detailed description of the hunt-
    ing camp, including its size, location, resources, and security, as well as of Bin
    Ladin's smaller, adjacent camp. Because this was not in an urban area, mis-
    siles launched against it would have less risk of causing collateral damage. On
    February 8, the military began to ready itself for a possible strike.
    The next
    day, national technical intelligence confirmed the location and description of
    the larger camp and showed the nearby presence of an official aircraft of the
    United Arab Emirates. But the location of Bin Ladin's quarters could not be
    pinned down so precisely. The CIA did its best to answer a host of questions
    about the larger camp and its residents and about Bin Ladin's daily schedule
    and routines to support military contingency planning. According to report-
    ing from the tribals, Bin Ladin regularly went from his adjacent camp to the
    larger camp where he visited the Emiratis; the tribals expected him to be at the hunting camp for such a visit at least until midmorning on February 11. </blockquote>

Do we really want the UAE, state-controlled DP World operating in U.S. ports when some of that nation's ruling elite have been so closely involved with Osama bin Laden? This whole incident shows just how empty all of Dubbyuh's talk on homeland security truly is.

2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,129
    I heard that Bush said, "any attempt to block this would be vetoed". Well that's just peachy.

At this point, seeing that he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS, (And the example pulit found is only one example. Hannity found some fifteen examples of this company's ties to terrorists.) and then include his PATHETIC, even TREASONOUS handling of illegal immigration, and I'd have to say I think Bush has turned into one stupid dissappointing sons a bitch. His damn term can't be up fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    he wants to hand control of our port security over to a company with KNOWN TIES to TERRORISTS

Why do you insist on spreading lies?

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626

this is the same cia that said there were WMD's .....you belive this but not that? ya can't prove either one is true or false

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

ya go get em...GW should spend more time in the "Bucket" and the "Old Washoe" and "Sgt Majors Silver Dollar" saloons...maybe he would see what real America thinks of this BS! :cof:

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Is that where the esteemed Hillary and Chuck get all there news? Ya--thier the ones who REALLY know whats going on---how does it feel being duped by the queen of BS?

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

where you are going with this diatribe...I for one can't stand Hillary or Chuck...
    But alas...maybe y'all need a cold one to mellow out...and get your feet on solid ground once again...NO? :rotflmao:

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    simple--get all the facts before you start spouting out a bunch of nonsense and don't repeat lies over and over ad nauseum. You are the one floating in speculation and the same paranoia that the left is trying to instill on everyone.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Let me get this straight--you can't stand Hillary or Chuck but when they shout jump, you're up on a table? :teeth:

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I support Frist...he actually asked for my opinion...not his preference...still gotta problem?