Another reason why I won't follow the Dr's advice

that's like saying drinking tap water is buying into Big Soda because coke makes Dasani. Yes, you can buy the big name brands. Or you can just buy the dirt cheap generics and get your health benefits while sticking it to.... whoever is at the wrong end of your conspiracy theories.

Here is something the OP failed to mention:

Study Strengths and Limitations

"The study doesn’t prove that aspirin causes macular degeneration. Different kinds of studies are needed to understand whether aspirin may directly harm the eye.

But one theory is that aspirin ramps up a part of the immune system called the complement system. Many people with macular degeneration carry a form of a gene that keeps them from being able to turn down the complement system when needed. Researchers say the result is that the immune system may be chronically overstimulated, causing damage to the back of the eye.

But other limitations make the findings less reliable. Researchers only asked about aspirin use once, for example, at the start of the study, so people who stopped taking aspirin might have been misclassified. And only half the people who started the study were followed for the full 15 years; so it's possible that people who were motivated to stick with the research may have been more concerned about their health and eyesight in general. It’s also possible that there were other differences between the groups that the study authors weren’t able to account for."

But other limitations make the findings less reliable. Researchers only asked about aspirin use once, for example, at the start of the study, so people who stopped taking aspirin might have been misclassified. And only half the people who started the study were followed for the full 15 years; so it's possible that people who were motivated to stick with the research may have been more concerned about their health and eyesight in general. It’s also possible that there were other differences between the groups that the study authors weren’t able to account for."

Advice for Aspirin Users

For all those reasons, many researchers and independent experts agree that no one should stop taking aspirin as directed by their doctor because of this study.

/THREAD FAIL

WAY TO GO SCARING PEOPLE WITH AT RISK HEART PROBLEMS OP

Ok, great. Go ahead and take your daily aspirin (which you previously said nobody was recommending, then refuted your own post) but don't instruct the rest of us why we're wrong.

In the end, a patient's healthcare is up to him....no?

I'm 30 years old, I lift weights and I eat semi decent, I'm not an at-risk patient....I noticed in the other thread you said you served in Vietnam, so I'm assuming you're in your late 50's to 60's. I don't think the advice was for me sir, but you are your own man so if you refuse to take it its all good.

Oh, yeah. Just a brief study of how Aspertame came to be approved for human consumption oughta scare the hell out of you. I won't touch it and have even got my grandkids looking for it in the ingredients list.

Unfortunately, with the advance of the health-Nazi's agenda toward sodas, it's likely more and more people will switch from the dangers of too much sugar to the dangers of Aspertame-induced brain lesions and various cancers.

No, the dangers of aspertame are very well known. I was playing in a poker game with a bunch of 20 and 30 something year old guys, mostly single, and I ordered a diet Coke. Everybody at the table told me I shouldn't drink anything with aspertame and how bad it was for me. I was really surprised that they even knew about this stuff.

Forum List

Back