Another reason why I won't follow the Dr's advice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Oldguy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +591
    "Take half an aspirin every day. Or, a baby aspirin. It might ward off heart attacks and strokes."

Then, decades later:

"Oh. Sorry. It might cause you to go blind. Hope our bad advice didn't cause you any trouble."

Aspirin Linked to Blinding Eye Disease

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist "Remain Calm People!" Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,094
    Doctors know next to nothing about nutrition too. My Doctor was shocked how I'd lost weight and my blood work had improved in just one year without medication.

3. Dreamy

Dreamy Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430
    I agree. One year coffee is good and the next year it is bad for you. Ingest as little over the counter or prescribed drugs as possible.

One of my grandmothers had macular degeneration too. Makes me wonder.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +591
    There's a pill for everything and new ones hitting the market every day. They spend millions advertising the latest pill, urging us to "ask your Doctor about....."

I'm convinced a good deal of what's killing us is that cocktail of drugs circulating around in too many people's bodies.

I'm with you. I won't take anything which is to prevent something I don't even have yet. That's just using fear of death as a marketing tool and I won't buy it.

Of course, that causes my Doc to say things like, "I don't know why you bother coming to me. You're not going to do what I say anyhow." :D

5. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Aspartame is a similar compound to aspirin and it was approved by the FDA in 1983 and it is in about 5,000 foods but especially diet drinks. If you like carbonated drinks you are better off with non-diet stuff.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Suppository Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,406
    Stop jacking off. That will alleviate the negative effects of aspirin. :cool:

7. Scorpion

Scorpion VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I consider taking pharmaceutical cocktails to be the equivalent of being a human guinea pig.
    The less, the better.
    There better be a damn good reason to take a maintenance drug let alone a number of them at one time.
    One can't possibly know the number of potential adverse reactions to many of these meds.

8. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,997
    Have you ever listened to a commercial for these drugs? Take ABC drug to help with such and such problem. Then they tell you that some people may experience slight side effects like dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, cold sweats, convulsions, blindness, infertility, impotency, loss of hearing, headaches, depression, suicidal thoughts, and who knows what else. Yea, I'm taking one of those drugs. Sign me up, lmao!!!

9. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +985
    Yeah well doctors have no clue about the human body. But there is no such thing as no risk in anything. The chances of you going blind is almost non existent.

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +591
    Oh, yeah. Just a brief study of how Aspertame came to be approved for human consumption oughta scare the hell out of you. I won't touch it and have even got my grandkids looking for it in the ingredients list.

Unfortunately, with the advance of the health-Nazi's agenda toward sodas, it's likely more and more people will switch from the dangers of too much sugar to the dangers of Aspertame-induced brain lesions and various cancers.