Another reason not to support Mitt Romney...

Seriously, does anyone bother to look before reposting the same stuff anymore?

I would like for Newt to get the nod. If not him, then Rick. ANYBODY except for Mitt Romney. He creeps me out.

You want Obama to win? lol
No, which is precisely why I do not support Mitt Romney.

If you don't want Obama to win, you'd better pray Romney wins the primaries. He's the only one moderate enough and who doesn't carry a ton of baggage.
Romneycare isn't baggage when one of the driving forces of the Republican party for the past few years has been getting rid of Obamacare? He is moderate in that he wont change a thing. We will be on the same path if Romney wins that we have been with Obama.

Furthermore, Romney does not make the Republican base excited at all, and in fact his support in Iowa has not increased one bit since 2008. That is not hopeful at all. Ron Paul supporters will defect from the Republican party if Romney is the nominee, either voting third party or even writing in Ron Paul's name as a protest.

Romney will not win. His electability is a myth. Even if he did, he is virtually the same as Obama in practice with different rhetoric. It doesn't matter if a Republican wins the white house if the Republican who wins is going to be more of the same.

You want Obama to win?

No, which is precisely why I do not support Mitt Romney.
True.

Snag is none of the other candidates can beat Obama, either.

Well, I don't buy that. I think there is a threshold. Anything above 9% unemployment, anyone can beat Obama. If it goes below 7%, Obama will easily coast to a second term.

There's only a thin margin where it will be competitive and picking who you run will make a difference.

Now, I'll admit. All these guys are weak. If the GOP had run Thune, Daniels, Pawlenty (who gave up much too easily) Jeb Bush or any of a bunch of other solid people, and be doing much better. But the GOP has taken the attitude that it's "Romney's Turn". Even though about 75% don't want him.

Perry could have been strong, but simply was unprepared for a fight at this level. That's why you start two years before the election, to get all the bugs worked out.

Santorum was a two term senator and a member of the leadership. He's only getting attention now because everyone wrote him off.

Gingrich is a smart guy, smarter than anyone else in the race, but yeah, he's got a bunch of personal issues, which only don't count if you're Bill Clinton.

I still think the GOP doesn't really want to win the Presidency. They know that there are going to be a bunch of crap ahead as we have to admit that we aren't going to be the top of the heap anymore. Think of what the UK went through as it lost its empire in the 50's and had to accept a second class status. Who wants to be president for that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back