Another reason my Horizon BSBC of NJ healthcare costs rose by over $250mo

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
In My Opinion,

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey:

This is the kind of BS people are sick and tired of, getting screwed by companies who's concerns are for what's good for THEM only, and not their clients. My rates have skyrocketed and the medicine co-pays which for a long while sat at $10 per prescription, now are predominantly $25 and $50!

These sleeze bags yell tighten your belts, but what they really mean is anyone BUT them. They would have no problems, the way I see it, seeing us all in our graves rather than lower their opulent and greedy lifestyles.

WHAT!! They are still trying to keep all the pie.
The company is a nonprofit, meaning it doesn't pay state taxes on policies it writes, and any profit made goes into a reserve used for emergencies. It applied in 2008 to convert to a for-profit company. But it asked the state to stop the process last year, said Marshall McKnight, a spokesman for the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.
and
Horizon has yet to publicly release its audited financial report for 2009. But the statement Horizon Healthcare Services Inc. filed with the state Department of Banking and Insurance showed the company had a loss of $946,370 last year on revenue from premiums of $5.1 billion, which one expert said amounted to breaking even.

Let's see losses of $946,000 last year, CEO Bonus $8.7 MILLION.....hmmmmm Seems he would see his own company go into the red and possibly his own employees getting laid off, as long as he GOT HIS.

Blue Cross boss took home $8.7 million salary as premiums rose in '09 | courierpostonline.com | Courier-Post

Are we all fed up with this kind of bullshit yet?
Tired of politicians shielding these people?
How much more of this outrageous ripoff will people tolerate?
I have no problem with people making lots of reasonable profits, I do have a problem with those who demand outrageous profits at the expense of the health and welfare of others.

'Profit for Blood' seems to be their business as with many others. When it involves something that is a necessity in order to live a meaningful and tolerable life without excess pain or suffering, this type of behavior should never be tolerated. They have us over a barrel and and WE continue to tolerate it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back