Another Rat Bites It

These people sacrificed their careers to pass Obamacare. I hope it was worth it to them.

he's not out because he voted for the health care bill.

he's out because he's not going to get dollar one from dems because of his moronic attempt to link the healthcare bill with further restrictions on reproductive choice.

but i do have to say how much i just love the rightwingnut's thread title.

what a bunch of maroons.

So it's a case of the Democrats eating their own. I've heard others say that as well. He didn't play ball so the powers-that-be threw him to the wolves. Thanks for the clarification.

Pretty much... He bucked the system...

You don't do that to democratics and survive politically...

These people sacrificed their careers to pass Obamacare. I hope it was worth it to them.

he's out because he's not going to get dollar one from dems because of his moronic attempt to link the healthcare bill with further restrictions on reproductive choice.

what a bunch of maroons.

So it's a case of the Democrats eating their own. I've heard others say that as well. He didn't play ball so the powers-that-be threw him to the wolves. Thanks for the clarification.
I don't believe that spin for a nanosecond.

If they were going to run him out anyways, what leverage did Pelosi have to roll him on his vote?

Nice to know another dumb assed Democrat is taking a hike. They will be leaving Washington like rats leaving a sinking ship before too much longer. I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's mug when she finds out she is no long the Speaker of the House. It will be nice to hear somebody tell her to sit down and shut the fuck up.

All the Dems really have to do to get the sheep back in the pen is to sell this economy as "turned around" or "turning around" and get rid of some definite liabilities.

If they're even moderately successful, the bleeding in November won't be nearly as bad as most predict.

I dunno how they'll manage it. Let's not forget that back when the rest of America was still trying to figure out if we had an actual recession or not, Michigan was already in a one-state depression.

Bottom line... It wouldn't matter if Stupak was attacked at the national level by Republicans, the Tea Party, or by the leftwing moonbats on his own side of the aisle... IF he'd been able to hang on to his constituency. And apparently, he couldn't. His internal polling must have looked like a disaster area.

The number of resignations from Congress is stunning. I had no idea any of them actually had a conscience.
They don't have any conscience.....They've done the wrong thing and are now being good little party man toadies so they can limit the damage to the DNC.

They're cowards of the lowest order.
Good point. Here I was thinking the only possibility was a conscience. That's not the case.

what a bunch of maroons.

You're a complete idiot. Like there was any question of that.

Of course his chances were finished when he voted for healthcare that contained language allowing abortions. Of course no one believed his fig leaf of a presidential proclamation.
And of course similar things will happen to the rest of the Democrats because they've welched on every promise they made at election time and instead became:
The Party Of Fuck You.

what a bunch of maroons.

If they were going to run him out anyways, what leverage did Pelosi have to roll him on his vote?

Possibly. But Pelosi did need his vote and must have offered him something to get him to sign. After that, there's no reason to keep him since he didn't march in lock-step with the Democratic establishment. We may never know.

In any case, isn't it frustrating that our politicians can make these backroom deals that would most likely be illegal in the private sector?

The number of resignations from Congress is stunning. I had no idea any of them actually had a conscience.
They don't have any conscience.....They've done the wrong thing and are now being good little party man toadies so they can limit the damage to the DNC.

They're cowards of the lowest order.
E-Zactly.
All the Dems really have to do to get the sheep back in the pen is to sell this economy as "turned around" or "turning around" and get rid of some definite liabilities.

If they're even moderately successful, the bleeding in November won't be nearly as bad as most predict.

I dunno how they'll manage it. Let's not forget that back when the rest of America was still trying to figure out if we had an actual recession or not, Michigan was already in a one-state depression.

Bottom line... It wouldn't matter if Stupak was attacked at the national level by Republicans, the Tea Party, or by the leftwing moonbats on his own side of the aisle... IF he'd been able to hang on to his constituency. And apparently, he couldn't. His internal polling must have looked like a disaster area.
Stupak was in trouble even before the HC noise.

Now, note that I didn't say if they could pull any of this off or not, or if it will work or not. I'm merely saying this is what I see as their strategy and what they hope it will do.

But again: Never underestimate the pliability and brand loyalty of the sheep.

I mean, really. Don't.

Possibly. But Pelosi did need his vote and must have offered him something to get him to sign. After that, there's no reason to keep him since he didn't march in lock-step with the Democratic establishment. We may never know.

In any case, isn't it frustrating that our politicians can make these backroom deals that would most likely be illegal in the private sector?
I don't believe he was offered anything (other than maybe a cushy lobbying job)...My bet is that Pelosi and the rest of the democrat caucus played to his vanity.

Just announced on the radio Stupac to commit self abortion.

See ya Bart.

Anyone want to place bets on which liberal "think" tank he ends up working for? Or lobbyist group, or non-profit? The man's been bought again. Whoever thinks anything else is blind or in denial.

That announcement should happen, quietly, or as a distraction when the lib replacement candidate is getting smoked.

Forum List

Back