Another Question About Christianity...

Kathianne said:
I'll jump in here. Regarding Iran and 'extemes' willing to go to in order to avoid war. The UN attempt at sanctions is as far as I'm willing to wait. If they vote 'no'-meaning China/Russia, we act unilateraly and deal with repercussions down the road.

I was for taking the Iranian gov't out about 26 years ago. Better late than never.

It is indeed a good thing that I don't have my finger on the button cause they would be glowing in the dark. Yep.... I am not kidding. Back when the Government thumbed it's nose at JC and held our hostages we should have sent the message. We didn't. Because of that one act or non-act we sent a clear message to the Islamic world that we are afraid. That is how they percieved it anyway! It was not just chance that they started loading them up shortly after midnight the day before Ron Reagan became President of the United States of America. Mr. Reagan had not served a day but they knew he would have resolved that issue before he has serfed very many.

Just like with a child, you must start with fear unfortunately. Iran does not fear us. They will not stop at a nuclear program either. They will develope weapons and they will attempt to use them against us or Israel. This is known however maybe not admitted by every American in our country. It is time folks... time to send a new message to those who continue to preach this hate and anti-American philosophy.

I say move a boomer into range (which is anywhere on the planet), let them know we have done it, give them 24 hours to change attitude then insert the code into the computer and blow half of Iran off the planet, the rest of the world will see it and thereby we will establish peace. No one else will screw with us and evryone can live happily ever after.

Afterwards.... contact Osama or one of his network evildoers. Advise him that if he does not stop this stupid holy war, we are going to blow the other half of Iran clean to shit. Give him 24 hours to surrender and watch how fast they cough his ass up.

It may seem extreme folks but IT WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEMS.

Advise China to stay out of it and if they don't - cut them off. Take over Iraq after the smoke clears, TAKE their oil and then dare anyone else to screw with us!

I know what this sounds like y'all but we have reached a point in history where if we continue to pussyfoot around it will lead to a worse outcome. Iran is not going to back off. We lose face with every day that ticks by. Showing them we mean business now is the only way...

GunnyL said:
Either one works for me. And you don't want to have this argument with me. You WILL lose. At any rate, this not the right thread nor forum.

I do not have to determine the extremes I am willing to go to in order to avoid war. I am reasonable, and am willing to negotiate misunderstanding. I am not an appeaser, and will not be dictated to; especially, by unreasonable, religious extremists bent on destroying the civilization in which I live.

If you're referring to my comment specifically about Iraq, then I don't think it's even possible for me to lose that argument, ESPECIALLY after having the discussion about last resorts that we just had. But you're right, this isn't the right thread.

liberalogic said:
While I still disagree with many opinions held by those of the Christian right, I have to say that the last few threads have allowed me to understand that perspective a bit better.

Here's a question that has troubled me, though, for a while. Christianity is based on compassion, love, and all of the other beautiful ideas that Christ preached. With that said, how can Christians rectify the use of war under any circumstances if they are truly followers of Christ? I heard that when George Bush was asked if he consulted his father (41), he responded by saying, "I consulted with a higher father." What I find as hypocritical here, is that he uses the name of God for social purposes (sanctity of marriage, abortion, stem cells, etc.), but then he claims that God supported his decision to go to war. I don't see the connection here-- does anyone have any ideas to make sense out of this?

LL, read up on Just War Theory if you haven't already. St. Augustine, one of the most prominent early Christian theologians, was one of its greatest proponents.
Otherwise, I would just parrot everything mom4 has said.

Forum List

Back