Another Production Plant in the Freezer

If our economy's so good, why does another manufacturing plant have to close? Why are

So many more out of jobs?

While the closing of this plant is clearly a result of NAFTA, it centers on another free trade pact pending. Read more @ When Greenville Lost Its Refrigerator Plant Al Jazeera America

I thought that Electrolux was a Swedish owned company. The handwriting was on the wall when they acquired the GE division of appliances since GE had a 48% stake in a Mexican appliance company.

If our economy's so good, why does another manufacturing plant have to close? Why are

While the closing of this plant is clearly a result of NAFTA, it centers on another free trade pact pending. Read more @ When Greenville Lost Its Refrigerator Plant Al Jazeera America

I thought that Electrolux was a Swedish owned company. The handwriting was on the wall when they acquired the GE division of appliances since GE had a 48% stake in a Mexican appliance company.
Your last name isn't Jones by any chance?

Your last name isn't Jones by any chance?

No, but wasn't he a Dallas Cowboy some years ago?

You sure tied a lot of things together here. A Swedish company moved business to the US and we think it's God's Will. The Swedish company then moves that facility to Mexico and it's an outrage? Oh, but a Chinese company is moving a factory to the same US town - God's love of America again. Oh, but hold on, some of those Michigan jobs are going to South Carolina - hmm. And Swedish Electolux is moving a bunch of jobs from Canada to Tennessee - WTF, I'm now too confused to be mad at NAFTA.

You sure tied a lot of things together here. A Swedish company moved business to the US and we think it's God's Will. The Swedish company then moves that facility to Mexico and it's an outrage? Oh, but a Chinese company is moving a factory to the same US town - God's love of America again. Oh, but hold on, some of those Michigan jobs are going to South Carolina - hmm. And Swedish Electolux is moving a bunch of jobs from Canada to Tennessee - WTF, I'm now too confused to be mad at NAFTA.

" Swedish company moved business to the US and we think it's God's Will."
You are the only one that mentioned God's Will.

"The Swedish company then moves that facility to Mexico and it's an outrage?"

You are the only that said it is an outrage. The fact that they bought a GE company that was 48% Mexican was what influenced their decision to move there.

"Oh, but a Chinese company is moving a factory to the same US town - God's love of America again."

5 will get you 10 that you are an atheist.

"I'm now too confused to be mad at NAFTA."

That goes without saying.

Forum List

Back