Another Prayer Request

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Just came back about an hour ago from getting my dad admitted to the hospital again. This time, diverticulitis caused internal bleeding. Don't know how long he'll be in, but he is NOT a good patient. I'll be running in and out, never wants me to stay more than 1/2 hour or so, which is great since it's 20 minutes each way. My brother is out of town, so it's just me, while he doesn't like me to stay, he also gets lonely on his own.

Say a couple for him and me. Thanks.

Kathianne said:
Just came back about an hour ago from getting my dad admitted to the hospital again. This time, diverticulitis caused internal bleeding. Don't know how long he'll be in, but he is NOT a good patient. I'll be running in and out, never wants me to stay more than 1/2 hour or so, which is great since it's 20 minutes each way. My brother is out of town, so it's just me, while he doesn't like me to stay, he also gets lonely on his own.

Say a couple for him and me. Thanks.

Consider it done.

GotZoom said:
Consider it done.
Thank you. I'm pretty stressed right now, trying to relax reading about carnage and destruction. Around 2:30, I'll try calling docs! :thup:

mom4 said:
You're on my list, Kathianne.
Thanks mom. I just got off the phone with my dad. He's going for Gi series soon. They are giving him platelets and an IV. My brother is coming home tomorrow, though he's willing to fly tonight if needed.

The dad is conscious, so I think it's ok. Funny, not. I'm at the end of Spring break, he's not been feeling well since Monday. At Christmas, two times in the hospital during that break. I don't know if I'm lucky or not, that his illnesses coincides with my breaks.

I'm feeling very guilty, feeling so sorry for myself. I guess going from my 2 years of my mom's illnesses, then death. Now the past 2 years with my dad, is getting to me. They were and are such great parents, even now, I'm asking my Mom for help. My kids are upset, yet I keep thinking, 'What about me???' My dad would never think I'm thinking like this, but I am and feeling very guilty. My house is a disaster, but because of wheelchairs, ambulance Stryker carts, the tiles are cracked, the carpets worn and the walls dented.

I need a break. Then I could handle all this, I think.

Ok, anyone feel free to tell me to suck it up!

Dear Jesus...It's me again. Typing out a prayer online seems pretty silly - Understand my faith is to a place where i'm quite sure you'll not only see this thread, but 'get it'. Jesus, you love us. You sent your spirit to comfort and minister to us in a VERY real way, if we're open to receive you. There are a few of us here; gathered 'online' as of one mind - a mindest which asks and believes for YOUR hand upon this man. Grant us your favor and your grace. Not OUR will, but yours be done; and with that we ask for your wisdom to understand situations which seem pure chaos from our perspectives. Remember when that guy came up to you and said "Teacher - just speak the word and I will leave, knowing FULL well you have healed my little girl?" We're asking now for something like that. Speak the words, God - just say this man's name and we KNOW your power is enough to right all the wrongs. The thing I like most about you Christ, is your personal love for each and every one of us. Pretty amazing, really. But I digress. BE WITH Kathianne and her family - Please touch them. Heal their hearts and grant them strength and stuff. You know the deal, and I LOVE and praise you for it.

- Darin

However, if I may give a little advice...don't bite my head off...when I spent 6 weeks in the hospital I loved to see my kids...however when they lectured me to follow the Docs advice and all...I always told them I know your busy so don't feel guilty if you must attend to your personal business...this struck a note with my daughter and she said..."Whats that all about"? I smiled and said...hey even a old fart needs to flirt with the nurses...and if ya bring me a Burger King Whopper with fries and a coke...hell I will forget the nurses!...She did and all was well...just a thought! What does your dad like...bring it to him and the visits will be mo better! ;)

archangel said:
However, if I may give a little advice...don't bite my head off...when I spent 6 weeks in the hospital I loved to see my kids...however when they lectured me to follow the Docs advice and all...I always told them I know your busy so don't feel guilty if you must attend to your personal business...this struck a note with my daughter and she said..."Whats that all about"? I smiled and said...hey even a old fart needs to flirt with the nurses...and if ya bring me a Burger King Whopper with fries and a coke...hell I will forget the nurses!...She did and all was well...just a thought! What does your dad like...bring it to him and the visits will be mo better! ;)
Thank you.

Kathianne said:
Thank you.

Now feed the old fart already...hospital food sucks! I could deal with the pain and all...but damn losing twenty pounds to starvation really sucked!
:thup:

To all of you, thanks. I just got off the phone with him. They sent him for a GI series this morning, seems an artery opened up-it was cauterized. They gave him two units of blood, so that is looking very good, no longer platelets, which were worrying us about cancer.

If all goes well, he may be home tomorrow. Thank you again!

Forum List

Back