Another One Dies-The Billy Mays Thread

I just saw him on Conan and made a note to watch his new series Pitchmen. That was the funniest Tonight show..

How sad.

This is weird, all of these personalities dying so grouped together,.,.

Police: TV Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead At Home

Police: TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at home - Yahoo! News

TAMPA, Fla. – Tampa police say Billy Mays, the television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Authorities say Mays was pronounced dead Sunday morning after being found by his wife at home. There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

Mays' wife, Deborah Mays, says the family doesn't expect to make any public statements and asked for privacy.

Mays was also featured on the reality TV show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel, which followed Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.

Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman released a statement Sunday extending sympathy to the Mays family.

"Everyone that knows him was aware of his larger-than-life personality, generosity and warmth," Hillman's statement said. "Billy was a pioneer in his field and helped many people fulfill their dreams. He will be greatly missed as a loyal and compassionate friend."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuReA-AGa8&feature=PlayList&p=0642C26A730AEEB0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8]YouTube - Billy Mays Mighty Putty Commercial[/ame]

TBO.com - News From AP

Police: TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at home

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Tampa police said Mays was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. A fire rescue crew pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.

There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play, said Lt. Brian Dugan of the Tampa Police Department, who wouldn't answer any more questions about how Mays' body was found because of the ongoing investigation. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," said Mays' wife, Deborah. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Born William Mays in McKees Rocks, Pa., on July 20, 1958, Mays developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "as seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.

You're a little late.

First I heard of it, but I turned the tube off about 10:30 am. Although I couldn't stand to listen to the man (thank God for inventing the mute button), any strange and sudden death is sad.

June 28, 2009
Legendary Pitchman Billy Mays Death Today Leaves Fans, Friends Stunned

Legendary pitchman Billy Mays death today leaves fans, friends stunned

Billymays-armandhammer As news spread of the death of informercial king Billy Mays, found dead in his Tampa area home this morning, longtime partner Anthony Sullivan was stuck in London, fielding an avalanche of phone calls and struggling to hold himself together.

6a00d83451b05569e20115708803d4970c-250wi

Mays, 50, was pronounced dead at 7:45 a.m. at 2853 Bowen Daniel Dr., #1201, discovered by his wife, Deborah Mays. Though Mays had been a passenger on a US Air flight which had a tire blow out during landing on Saturday, Sullivan said he doubted the incident had anything to do with his friend's death.

"He was going into hip surgery, and he was a little nervous about it," said Sullivan, who last saw Mays on Tuesday when the two appeared together on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. "We were going to take the whole of July off...he was going to have his hip surgery and we were going to just relax.

"I hate to say it, but the king is dead," said Sullivan, his voice breaking down into tears. "I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I’ll always remember his booming voice – him saying 'Billy Mays here.' He was the best friend a man could wish for – he was much more than people knew.’

Mays became an internationally known celebrity thanks to his energetic infomercials for products such as OxiClean detergent and Kaboom household cleaner. Always clad in his trademark, sky blue shirt and khaki pants, Mays drew audience with a booming voice, expansive guestures and his well-known opening: "BILLY MAYS HERE."

Deggansandbillymays Heralded as one of the most successful informercial hosts in history -- he proudly claimed $1-billion in sales over his career -- Mays reached a new audience in April when Discovery Channel presented a TV series based on his work with Sullivan, dubbed Pitchmen.

(Hear audio from one of Mays greatest pitches and see photos from a Gulfport filming session for Arm & Hammer baking soda by clicking here; photo at left from that session)

The show's last episode of the season is scheduled for Wednesday and Sullivan hopes to talk Discovery into recasting it as a tribute to his departed partner. "We were close as anyone could get over the last six months...I still can't even believe this," he said. everyone in Tampa is just devastated."

Mays, who had two hip replacement surgeries last year, talked about dealing with continuing discomfort during a commercial shoot in Gulfport in April. Even the consummate pitchman, he also used the opportunity to tout the product featured in the first episode of the TV series, Impact Gel.

"I had a tough year," he said. "I had (my hip) replaced twice. I had a staph infection from the first one, so this last year’s been trying. All my shoes have the Impact Gel in ‘em and it’s given me more stamina…I stand on my legs all day, I’m still feeling … I’m healing right now, so these hard floors just kill ya. So it’s been a big lifesaver for me." MORE>>>>>>>

Billy Mays died today. Ok, I liked him.

Report: 'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com

All Billy Mays threads were merged here since Zoom started the first one. ~EZ

THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT! MY THREAD WAS CLEARLY A SPOOF. NOT A GODAMN COPY !!!

EZ is a mod? Fuck it. I no like.

Nobody gives a rats ass what you like and what you don't like you piece of fuckwad.

Interesting thing...........

Angry Prostrate had his avatar as Billy Mays for a long time.

Now? It's Erik Estrada.

If Erik dies in the next 3 days? I'm betting that the Angry Prostrate is an agent of death.

Interesting thing...........

Angry Prostrate had his avatar as Billy Mays for a long time.

Now? It's Erik Estrada.

If Erik dies in the next 3 days? I'm betting that the Angry Prostrate is an agent of death.

wouldnt that be something.....why did he pick Estrada i wonder?.....

Forum List

Back