Another on the way

CSM said:

Guess that water shortage in the Everglades won't be a problem for a while after this year.

I was puzzled by this passage:

"The hurricane center noted that sundown Friday until sundown Saturday will be Yom Kippur, the solemn Jewish holiday. Observants in the watch and warning areas "will not be listening to radios or watching TV ... and may not be aware of the hurricane situation."

If correct, seems to me that's carrying your religous observance to a bit of an extreme. "I don't care if the flood IS coming, Manny. Turn off the TV."

Say what?

Merlin1047 said:
If correct, seems to me that's carrying your religous observance to a bit of an extreme. "I don't care if the flood IS coming, Manny. Turn off the TV."

Say what?
Maybe if their Religion is that strong then they have Faith that God will look out for them. Maybe?!

UsaPride said:
Maybe if their Religion is that strong then they have Faith that God will look out for them. Maybe?!
Maybe God is just cleansing the world of people who are too stupid to get the hell out of the way of a storm. Trust me---Jews will find time to watch the boob tube!

UsaPride said:

I think a WWII chaplain said it best "Praise God and pass the ammunition".

Were I Jewish, I believe I would adapt that philosophy to "Praise God, but board up the house and get in the car".

William Joyce said:
We have angered the Lord! I actually semi-believe this.

Well, that's probably true William. But why is He just peeved with the folks in Florida?

Merlin1047 said:
I think a WWII chaplain said it best "Praise God and pass the ammunition".

Were I Jewish, I believe I would adapt that philosophy to "Praise God, but board up the house and get in the car".
BINGO!!

Merlin1047 said:
Hey, I'm with you, LOL!!! I'd be gone too! I was just trying to step into their shoes a bit and try to figure out why they'd cut off the tv's, you know, that's all I could come up with.

Forum List

Back