Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

da man went with me....it was so neat...he has never gone with me....he pointed out that "guard dogs" sign....not a friggin dog to be seen....he helped me climb a half wall...next to the fence..then when i was gonna jump the fence ....he mentions that he will stay on the outside.....words like bail were mentioned and then he says this "when your fat ass get stuck on the fence" etc...

no...my fat ass cant jump or climb the fence...i put the camera thru the fence...its surrounded by a 10 ft fence...even on the half wall..it look pretty hard to do...i think it was an old chemical plant for eastmen kodak....remember photos? lol.....i cant get inside....there is one i think i can get inside of...but i have to be totally stealth...

i like old buildings....deserted ones....

IMG_1739.jpg

I like this one the best....

Do you post-process at all (Photoshop or Elements, etc.)?

I think this would look really good as a black & white with the contrast higer and more of a "darker" look....

lol@cut the fence that would be vandalism of private property......right now i figure at worse the watchman catches me.....but they are not bad to call cops....

cool..I used to love going into abandoned buildings also.

In Staten Island where I grew up there were 2 Abandoned buildings that kids used to go to and throw parties in. Some say they were haunted etc...you would find a few word satanic items but was very cool to go in late at night.

These are pics from the Staten Island Monastery, abandoned for over 30 years

monas081.jpg

monas092.jpg

monestaryfirstfloor.jpg

monestarystairs-1.jpg

moninside2-1.jpg

monas008.jpg

monas020.jpg

monas040.jpg

monas060.jpg

monas061.jpg

mona1.jpg

monestarystairs.jpg

moninside2.jpg

monsidelight.jpg

I always wanted to turn that place into a massive nightclub and rename it "The Bell Tower"...but they tore it down last year because of all the kids going into it

If you ever come up north Bones Del, Article, and/or myself can take you to Cordage park where you can easily get inside some old hemp rope factories and other factories :D

IMG_1739.jpg

I like this one the best....

Do you post-process at all (Photoshop or Elements, etc.)?

I think this would look really good as a black & white with the contrast higer and more of a "darker" look....

That's a nice crop, doc. With apologies to stromboli I went ahead and did the b-w treatment. :D

old.jpg

I did one too, but photobucket is blocked at work, so I'll have to wait to upload...

If you ever come up north Bones Del, Article, and/or myself can take you to Cordage park where you can easily get inside some old hemp rope factories and other factories :D

yeah..if you want I know a few abandoned project buildings in Brooklyn that have people that would love to meet little white women like yourself :)

I was in Detroit 2 weeks ago.

It seemed like every other building was a deserted factory.

Maybe Sealy or another Michigander can tell me what some of them are if I post a map.

BRB.

42.328862,-83.078055 - Google Maps

<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.32...Qah_zjMDqX_0t8z1GcF-3w&cbp=12,185.46,,0,-7.98>

This one is a factory on the east side of I-75 south of downtown at the junction of I-96.

<42.345497,-83.046126 - Google Maps>

<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.34...wufJuyhuY8A_ppdV3hF_qg&cbp=12,156.68,,0,-17.5>

This one is an abandon tenement downtown where I-75 makes it's turn to the north.

In the pictures from the street level on google maps, the building have windows, now every one is gone.

Last edited:
42.328862,-83.078055 - Google Maps

<42.328862,-83.078055 - Google Maps>

This one is a factory on the east side of I-75 south of downtown at the junction of I-96.

This one is an abandon tenement downtown where I-75 makes it's turn to the north.

In the pictures from the street level on google maps, the building have windows, now every one is gone.

Aha!

I found one.

The factory wasn't a factory at all.

It's the abandoned Michigan Central Station.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A perfect example of Urban Decay in America known as Detroit's abandoned train station. A.K.A. Michigan Central Station. Michigan Central Station once was a thriving epicenter for the city of Detroit and the whole Midwest. Now the abandoned train station sits with most of it's windows broken. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The architecture of the building is beautiful and definitely deserves to be saved.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
aaseedetroitmcs2.jpg

[/FONT]

About 100 more cool pics at the website...Detroit's Abandoned Train Station-- Michigan Central Station. Detroit, Michigan..:: Detroit Photos by Seedetroit.com ::..

Forum List

Back