Another NooB here

RandallFlagg

PROUD Tea Party Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hey!! Randall Flagg here. Got the name from Stephen King " The Stand ". In 1982 I met the guy and he was kind enough to sign my first edition copy.

I am a Vet (US Army - 11B and 97B) and a conservative and participate on MANY forums. I have a BA in Communications with a Minor in Political Science (1978). A bit "outdated" to be sure, but what the hell.

Married for 39 years. 2 Kids and 5 Grandkids.

Hello!!!

First of all, thank you for your service to this country of ours, and I am glad to see a communications person at USMB.

Welcome to the boards, and hope you find it to be a place where you will frequently hang your hat. :)

Hey!! Randall Flagg here. Got the name from Stephen King " The Stand ". In 1982 I met the guy and he was kind enough to sign my first edition copy.

I am a Vet (US Army - 11B and 97B) and a conservative and participate on MANY forums. I have a BA in Communications with a Minor in Political Science (1978). A bit "outdated" to be sure, but what the hell.

Hello!!!

Welcome Sir, and respect to your army service .. :eusa_clap:

I'm only a recently joined guy from the UK. Have a slight lead on you in the marriage stakes, I'm 55 years married :beer:

Hope you enjoy the Board - it seems a nice place :eusa_angel:

Hello!!!

The Stand would make a good movie...

The Stand is a good movie. Garie Sinise and Molly Ringwald.

I would never in a million years have chosen Molly Ringwald.

Hello!!!

HAHA!!! Actually they did a movie back in the early 90s (I think). Gary Sinise, Molly Ringwold, Rob Lowe, Ossie davis and Ray Walton to name but a few....I have "adopted the name" because it is getting closer than we think....the dark man is coming......

Last edited:
Fairly cheesy, but follows the book pretty closely. I enjoyed it and I loved the book. I think Stephen King was pretty involved in the production. It's worth the rental price, unless you can find it on hulu or netflix...

Hello!!!

HAHA!!! Actually they did a movie back in the early 90s (I think). Gary Sinise, Molly Ringwold, Rob Lowe, Ossie davis and Ray Walton to name but a few....

Yes I see it had quite the cast as well...I will have to watch it today ..I enjoyed the book

Back then they were not the household names they are today.

Well Molly was more of a household name then than now, I think....

Stephen King is partial to hammy acting. His preferred "The Shining" is ridiculous too..but he likes it better than the one with Jack Nicholson (which is INSANE).

I liked The Stand; it is okay for television entertainment.

Can't hold a candle to the horror of I SURVIVED though. I'm on a marathon again.

Hello!!!

Are you walking? Dude?

Forum List

Back