Another Nfl Player Arrested For Domestic Abuse

We USED to watch sports to get away from politics and pc BS. now we have sports commentators who wont say the NAME redskin because it offends them, preaching to us on domestic violence, spanking your child, and gawd knows what next

I hope enough people get sick of it and boycott it into it's grave. I also hope they sue Espn into oblivion

If they want to fire people who are convicted from the NFL fine. But just because you are charged with a crime doesn't mean you are guilty of doing anything wrong. So, I think that acting BEFORE the facts come out and they nothing is proven is wrong.

We USED to watch sports to get away from politics and pc BS. now we have sports commentators who wont say the NAME redskin because it offends them, preaching to us on domestic violence, spanking your child, and gawd knows what next

I hope enough people get sick of it and boycott it into it's grave. I also hope they sue Espn into oblivion

I hadn't heard anything about "spanking your child". I only heard about a man beating his baby with a tree limb. Would you mind posting a link to that NFL news about "spanking"?

Not surprising that you would not want to find out your hero does something to a 4yo baby that he would not be allowed to do to a 300 pound linebacker.

Sports used to be about the GAME. Now it is the nonsense of the liberal left and ramming their social agenda down people's throats. They think men are creatures who always need to be fixed in some way.

Isn't anyone just a little bit concerned that we are missing some things here? For example, under our laws, a person is SUPPOSED to be innocent until proven guilty. When this information came out, not only have we convicted these individuals without a proper hearing of evidence, but we have skewered them in the court of public opinion without giving them their right to address the charges made. And now, those righteous bastions of indignation such as Luddly are screaming that these individuals should be removed from their job? Okay, so when is a persons job subject to a legal conviction? So if John Doe is arrested and charged with assault, we can immediately assume that he will be fired from his job as a car salesman?

I fully understand that these gentlemen are in a position of immense responsibility and incredible opportunity. I also understand that each one of them is governed in their dealings with the NFL based on a contract and in that contract are some morality clauses. But I don't think that any of these individuals have been convicted or confessed to such actions, have they?

Barry sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years listening and in effect, de facto approving of "God Damn America!" But according to Barry's choir, we have no 'proof' that he subscribed to that doctrine. Hypocritical to the nth degree... Not surprising though.

Think about it, we are making heros out of people who didn't complete college, many use steroids (that can make you violent) and play a contact sport.

So what? Can you catch a 60 yd touchdown pass while simultaneously dragging both feet in bounds?

And a LOT of athletes are very good people. Who have demonstrated dedication, hard work and discipline and give back the community by helping kids. Sooo, if you want to paint all athletes with a broad brush, then YOU guilty of stereotyping.

As in life, some of these folks are not the sharpest knife in the drawer of life. Some of them come from single-parent homes riddled with drugs and violence and against all odds, make it to the NFL. Some shouldn't. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination giving these guys a pass. With great opportunity comes great responsibility. A large number of them are responsible, humble and do great things with their vast rewards. Others are simply vermin with money.

But everyone deserves to be heard. Everyone...

Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested on domestic violence charge - CBSSports.com
Jonathan-Dwyer-Cards-arrested.final.jpg

Jonathan Dwyer is facing domestic violence charges in Arizona. (USATSI)
Cardinals running back Jonathan Dywer was arrested in Arizona on Wednesday on charges related to domestic violence. Dwyer has been charged with aggravated assault and preventing someone from calling 911, the CBS Evening News has reported.

Dwyer was involved in two separate situations in July, according to Fox Sports 1. The victims are listed as a 27-year-old female and an 18-month-old child. Dwyer is married with one child.

According to TMZ, the two altercations allegedly took place on July 21 and July 22 and Dwyer is facing a total of five charges: one count of aggravated assault causing a fracture, one count of aggravated assault involving a minor, two counts of criminal damage and one count of preventing someone from calling 911.

The Cardinals reacted quickly to the arrest, the team announced that Dwyer has been deactivated for this week's game against the 49ers.

18 months old?

What will be the excuses for this one?

Probably still being paid for his little vacation.
Maybe it's cuz he's black?

Yeah, not sure why it is their job to do the job of the Police. But, this is all part of the Liberal takeover of the NFL. Take a few incidents and then try to strong arm the NFL to become their new liberal wing for indoctrination.
Obama asked the NFL to sponsor his Global Warming bs and they said hell no. Now it's payback time.

I can see placing a player on leave, while the investigation is ongoing. Most, if not all people on leave are paid. The NFL seems to be changing the rules as they go recently, of course government tries the same thing.

Think about it, we are making heros out of people who didn't complete college, many use steroids (that can make you violent) and play a contact sport.

And beat up women and babies.

Why aren't our police and fire fighters our heroes?

We have demonized police to the point they are dangerous to our citizens.

We have some really wacko values and its all about the money.

And a LOT of athletes are very good people. Who have demonstrated dedication, hard work and discipline and give back the community by helping kids. Sooo, if you want to paint all athletes with a broad brush, then YOU guilty of stereotyping.

I agree.

Six have been accused of domestic violence and/or child abuse this week. IMO, if they're found guilty, they should be fired and kept out of professional sports forever. As it is, Peterson is being paid $700K a week to sit at home.

I heard on the morning news that more sponsors have pulled out.

And beat up women and babies.

Why aren't our police and fire fighters our heroes?

We have demonized police to the point they are dangerous to our citizens.

We have some really wacko values and its all about the money.
Who said police and firefighters weren't heroes? Sheesh.

Forum List

Back